Flow (Scotty D. revisits U1)
This page is for the Scotty D. revisits U1 song titled Flow. For other songs of the same title, please see Flow (disambiguation).
Artist: Scotty D. revisits U1
Lyrics/Vocals: Scotty D.
BPM: 140 (DanceDanceRevolution original charts), 140-280 (DanceDanceRevolution True Style charts, pop'n music)
pop'n music Genre: Orbitalic Techno (オービタリックテクノ)
pop'n music Character: flow flow [12-3P]
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA
Other Music Game Appearances:
Stand, if you will, right next to me Wrapped around in the wind of eternity See, for yourself the history Nature's players boasting victory Grab, the fruit of tomorrow From which the energy of life we borrow Taste, the weight of time The only witness of glory and crime Notice, how weak and petty we are In the grand picture we're drawn afar Hey, we can't help it We die, only our grave's legit But love, your very existence You're the source of my subsistence Slow down, take your time And feel the Flow Only if we watch together everything there is a Flow Only with you do I wanna be part of the Flow Notice, how weak and petty we are In the grand picture we're drawn afar Hey, we can't help it We die, only our grave's legit But love, your very existence You're the source of my subsistence Slow down, take your time And feel the Flow Only if we live it can we keep up to the speed of the Flow Only with you do I wanna fall into the Flow Only if we watch together everything there is a Flow Only with you do I wanna be part of the Flow
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended version of Flow, titled Flow (Extended), can be found on the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Original Soundtrack album.
- Flow (Extended) was performed live in the release event for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3).
- A reggae remix of Flow, titled Flow (Jammin' Ragga Mix), can be found in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS (North America).
- A trance remix of Flow, titled Flow(Unique's Direction Mix), can be found on the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Limited Edition Music Sampler CD.
- Another remix of Flow by The Acolyte, titled Flow(The Acolyte's Zero Tolerance Remix Extended), can be found on the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA / ULTRAMIX4 Limited Edition Music Sampler CD.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Flow marks Yuichi Asami's first original song written for an arcade release of DanceDanceRevolution.
- Flow (True Style), also available in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA, is an edit with BPM changes of the original Flow. It also has brand-new CHALLENGE charts, unlike the original Flow.
- Flow's pop'n music charts follow the BPM changes of Flow (True Style).
- On the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Original Soundtrack album booklet, only the second half of Flow's lyrics are listed. A Japanese translation of the second half can be found instead.
- The pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE AC ♥ CS pop'n music 14 FEVER! Original Soundtrack booklet does list the full lyrics though.
- The original Flow has never been on a American/European CS release of DanceDanceRevolution, unlike Flow (True Style).
- Flow (True Style) received an updated banner in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS (North America).
- Flow is the third unlock of the WIND ROUTE (風ルート) in pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE's Waku-waku Mimi Nyami tankentai (わくわくミミニャミ探検隊) unlock event. It could be unlocked from July 4th, 2007 through September 26th, 2007.
- As of September 26th, 2007, Flow has been unlocked for everyone to play.
- Flow's crossover to pop'n music marks Yuichi Asami's first appearance in any BEMANI series other than DanceDanceRevolution.
- Flow has never been on a CS release of pop'n music.
- According to Seiya Murai's pop'n music staff comments for Flow, he was introduced to pop'n music via Yuichi Asami's testing out a prototype of pop'n music CS. He remarked at the time how "he couldn't press 9 buttons!", while also noting the irony that only a year he became the sound director of the arcade pop'n music series.
- According to wac, he wanted to crossover in pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE at least one song from DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA when work started on the game in 2006. But since the fire and water route song lists were already set, he went with Flow to represent wind, noting his admiration for Yuichi's songs and remixes and that it felt perfect to place in.
- Flow (True Style) appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA Pack 2.
- Flow (True Style) appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3), in the DDR SuperNOVA Greatest Hits 2 pack.
- Flow was one of 30 possible picks for songs for REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper's 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- Flow (True Style)'s difficulty changes from DanceDanceRevolution A20 were applied to DanceDanceRevolution A in March 27th, 2019.
Song Production Information
When I first listened to the song and was asked what came to my mind, I couldn't think of anything.
However, I felt a vague presence of something... a very big "something". I didn't know if that "something" was God, the universe, nature, or time.
But that "something" was never human. Conversely, humans such as myself are very small entities. When confronted with something that big, we are a small thing that doesn't stand out at all. But isn't that just too lonely!?
That's why I think, "although we are a small and insignificant existence in the 'flow of this world', which consists of large entities such as the universe, nature, and time, we are here in order to feel and witness that large 'flow of this world'. It's possible to do so, and is exactly proof that it exists because we can feel and witness that flow!"
The opponent that confronts us is the flow that we co-exist with, in other words it's "Flow".
The word "Flow" has several meanings and thoughts...
Even though the flow of people, time, the surrounding environment, and myself are being drifted away, I don't know whether it's fast or slow.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||111 / 0||161 / 17||236 / 7||311 / 2||- / - / -||171 / 17||237 / 9||307 / 2||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS JP||1||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||111 / 0||161 / 17||236 / 7||311 / 2||364 / 1 / 0||171 / 17||237 / 9||307 / 2||360 / 1 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||3||4||6||8||8||4||6||8||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution (PS3) / New Moves DLC||3||4||6||8||8||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE→20 fantasia||13||17||30||39||16||25|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||-||23||36||45||16||25|
|土ルート||Usual Days - 鹿鳴館の怪人 - One Phrase Blues - QUICK RESULT - スーパーモグー|
|水ルート||Distance - 月影華(TSUKI-KAGE-BANA) - 月雪に舞う花のように - CLIO - Aqua|
|風ルート||memories... - 緑の風 - Flow - FU-FA - Caring Dance|
|火ルート||Loveholic - Ska a gogo - Gamelan de Couple - アンデスの太陽 - Soul On Fire|
|闇の世界||Quiet - WHITE BIRDS (Mirage Mix) - Apocalypse～memento mori～ - 天庭|
|光の世界||Polis - Prince on a Star - Votum stellarum -forest #25 RMX- - ZETA～素数の世界と超越者～|