Flow (Scotty D. revisits U1)
Artist: Scotty D. revisits U1
Lyrics/Vocals: Scotty D.
BPM: 140 (DanceDanceRevolution original charts), 140-280 (DanceDanceRevolution True Style charts, pop'n music)
pop'n music Genre: Orbitalic Techno (オービタリックテクノ)
pop'n music Character: flow flow [12-3P]
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA
Other Music Game Appearances:
Stand, if you will, right next to me Wrapped around in the wind of eternity See, for yourself the history Nature's players boasting victory Grab, the fruit of tomorrow From which the energy of life we borrow Taste, the weight of time The only witness of glory and crime Notice, how weak and petty we are In the grand picture we're drawn afar Hey, we can't help it We die, only our grave's legit But love, your very existence You're the source of my subsistence Slow down, take your time And feel the Flow Only if we watch together everything there is a Flow Only with you do I wanna be part of the Flow Notice, how weak and petty we are In the grand picture we're drawn afar Hey, we can't help it We die, only our grave's legit But love, your very existence You're the source of my subsistence Slow down, take your time And feel the Flow Only if we live it can we keep up to the speed of the Flow Only with you do I wanna fall into the Flow Only if we watch together everything there is a Flow Only with you do I wanna be part of the Flow
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended version of Flow can be found in the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Original Soundtrack album.
- This version was performed live in the release event for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3).
- A reggae remix of Flow, titled Flow (Jammin' Ragga Mix), can be found in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS (North America).
- A trance remix of Flow, titled Flow(Unique's Direction Mix), can be found in the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Limited Edition Music Sampler CD.
- Another remix of Flow by The Acolyte, titled Flow(The Acolyte's Zero Tolerance Remix Extended), can be found in the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA / ULTRAMIX4 Limited Edition Music Sampler CD.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Flow marks Yuichi Asami's first original song written for an arcade release of DanceDanceRevolution.
- Flow (True Style), also available in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA, is an edit with BPM changes of the original Flow. It also has brand-new CHALLENGE charts, unlike the original Flow.
- Flow's pop'n music charts follow the BPM changes of Flow (True Style).
- On the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Original Soundtrack album booklet, only the second half of Flow's lyrics are listed. A Japanese translation of the second half can be found instead.
- The pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE AC ♥ CS pop'n music 14 FEVER! Original Soundtrack booklet does list the full lyrics though.
- The original Flow has never been on a American/European CS release of DanceDanceRevolution, unlike Flow (True Style).
- Flow (True Style) received an updated banner in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS (North America).
- Flow is the third unlock of the WIND ROUTE (風ルート) in pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE's Waku-waku Mimi Nyami tankentai (わくわくミミニャミ探検隊) unlock event. It could be unlocked from July 4th, 2007 through September 26th, 2007.
- As of September 26th, 2007, Flow has been unlocked for everyone to play.
- Flow's crossover to pop'n music marks Yuichi Asami's first appearance in any BEMANI series other than DanceDanceRevolution.
- Flow has never been on a CS release of pop'n music.
- According to Seiya Murai's pop'n music staff comments for Flow, he was introduced to pop'n music via Yuichi Asami's testing out a prototype of pop'n music CS. He remarked at the time how "he couldn't press 9 buttons!", while also noting the irony that only a year he became the sound director of the arcade pop'n music series.
- According to wac, he wanted to crossover in pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE at least one song from DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA when work started on the game in 2006. But since the fire and water route song lists were already set, he went with Flow to represent wind, noting his admiration for Yuichi's songs and remixes and that it felt perfect to place in.
- Flow (True Style) appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA Pack 2.
- Flow (True Style) appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3), in the DDR SuperNOVA Greatest Hits 2 pack.
- Flow was one of 30 possible picks for songs for REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper's 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- Flow (True Style)'s difficulty level change from DanceDanceRevolution A20 was applied to DanceDanceRevolution A on March 27th, 2019.
Time, humans, life, arrow objects, pop-kuns, they are all flowing... Flow!
Song Production Information
When I first listened to the song and was asked what came to my mind, I couldn't think of anything.
However, I felt a vague presence of something... a very big "something". I didn't know if that "something" was God, the universe, nature, or time.
But that "something" was never human. Conversely, humans such as myself are very small entities. When confronted with something that big, we are a small thing that doesn't stand out at all. But isn't that just too lonely!?
That's why I think, "although we are a small and insignificant existence in the 'flow of this world', which consists of large entities such as the universe, nature, and time, we are here in order to feel and witness that large 'flow of this world'. It's possible to do so, and is exactly proof that it exists because we can feel and witness that flow!"
The opponent that confronts us is the flow that we co-exist with, in other words it's "Flow".
The word "Flow" has several meanings and thoughts...
Even though the flow of people, time, the surrounding environment, and myself are being drifted away, I don't know whether it's fast or slow.
No matter how many times I try, I'm having trouble with the same speed changes. When it starts moving, it won't stop.
Flow flow flow
When I hear this, am I the only person who thinks of source code or blueprints?
U1's body fat seems like that of an athlete. That's amazing~
I think I've heard this song the most during checks. No matter how tired I was after checking for many hours, no matter how many times I listened to this song, I never get tired of it.
I never thought I'd work on the same job in this way. U1 is one of my very close colleagues since he joined the company back then.
When I was involved in the pop'n series, there was a period when the division changed and I hadn't seen him in a long time, but as they recently merged, we soon sat near each other once again.
Looking back, I first encountered pop'n when he was testing the first home version of pop'n and playing it at his desk, I asked him "what's that?", and he let me play it.
At that time, I felt like I said "Wow~! I don't feel like I could press nine buttons!!", but could you imagine how something like this happened to me afterwards? (laughs)
My memories of Flow? OK, let's talk about it.
Looking back, I was involved in creating pop'n 15 one year ago.
I soon started to decide which songs to crossover, and I reserved a spot for DDR, thinking that it'd be a song from SuperNOVA.
I then started to decide songs related to the four elements, and I reserved one final song for wind.
I've personally been a secret fan of U1's songs and remixes from the beginning, and I wanted to include U1's song in this DDR spot.
In other words, at that time, in that timing, "Flow" fulfilled all these conditions.
Although things in the world generally occur in a big flow, it's said that the process of including this song in pop'n, exactly aligned with this Flow.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||111 / 0||161 / 17||236 / 7||311 / 2||- / - / -||171 / 17||237 / 9||307 / 2||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS JP||1||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||111 / 0||161 / 17||236 / 7||311 / 2||364 / 1 / 0||171 / 17||237 / 9||307 / 2||360 / 1 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||3||4||6||8||8||4||6||8||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution (PS3) / New Moves DLC||3||4||6||8||8||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE→20 fantasia||13||17||30||39||16||25|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||-||23||36||45||16||25|
|土ルート||Usual Days - 鹿鳴館の怪人 - One Phrase Blues - QUICK RESULT - スーパーモグー|
|水ルート||Distance - 月影華(TSUKI-KAGE-BANA) - 月雪に舞う花のように - CLIO - Aqua|
|風ルート||memories... - 緑の風 - Flow - FU-FA - Caring Dance|
|火ルート||Loveholic - Ska a gogo - Gamelan de Couple - アンデスの太陽 - Soul On Fire|
|闇の世界||Quiet - WHITE BIRDS (Mirage Mix) - Apocalypse～memento mori～ - 天庭|
|光の世界||Polis - Prince on a Star - Votum stellarum -forest #25 RMX- - ZETA～素数の世界と超越者～|