Shounen wa sora wo tadoru
Artist: Power Of Nature
Composition/Arrangement: Power Of Nature
Length: 2:05 (pop'n music, REFLEC BEAT, beatmania IIDX), 2:17 (jubeat)
Genre: MURAKUMO (ムラクモ)
pop'n music Character: MZD 
pop'n CG designer: eimy
Jacket design: eimy
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 20 fantasia
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) pop'n music pack 2
- jubeat saucer
- jukebeat KONAMI music pack 54
- REFLEC BEAT colette -Summer-
- REFLEC BEAT plus MUSIC PACK 58
Song Connections / Remixes
- The pop'n music 20 fantasia original soundtrack version of 少年は空を辿る is over 10 seconds longer than the game cut.
- This version of 少年は空を辿る is used in the jubeat series and on the REFLEC BEAT colette ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VOL.2 album.
- A remix of 少年は空を辿る by とろまる, titled 少年は空を辿る Prog Piano Remix, appears in SOUND VOLTEX II -infinite infection-.
- 辿る君を超えて, from pop'n music うさぎと猫と少年の夢, is related to 少年は空を辿る.
- 少年は空を辿る is featured in the medley Popperz Chronicle, from pop'n music peace.
- 少年は空を辿る is the only unlockable song of Phase MAX II of pop'n music 20 fantasia's Soreyuke! pop'n quest (それゆけ！ポップンクエスト) event. It could be unlocked from June 6th, 2012.
- As of October 1st, 2012, it is available by default.
- "Murakumo" (叢雲) means "cloud masses".
- 少年は空を辿る is the first brand-new, non-remix song to feature MZD as the rival character since Votum stellarum.
- 少年は空を辿る's EX chart has a Spicy Gauge.
- 少年は空を辿る is one of the songs part of the Mimi, Nyami & Kotaro no flying catch! (ミミニャミ・コタローのフライングキャッチ！) event. It can be unlocked in jubeat saucer since June 3rd, 2013.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from May 1st, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- In jubeat festo, it can be purchased at the emo MART.
- In jubeat Ave., it is one of the CONCIERGE unlocks of the LIGHT CHAT unlocking system from August 17th, 2022.
- In jubeat, 少年は空を辿る's BASIC chart has the fifth highest number of notes of a BASIC chart with 552 notes, beaten by Megalara Garuda's 932, Diastrophism's 797, and Crackpot Evangelist's 771, and Elemental Creation -GITADO ROCK ver.-'s 586.
- 少年は空を辿る appears in REFLEC BEAT colette -Summer- as part of the Q-pro, Mimi, Nyami & Pastel-kun no minna de uchuu sensou!! (クプロ・ミミニャミ・パステルくんのみんなで宇宙戦争!!) unlock event, which started on July 29th, 2013.
- 少年は空を辿る is one of the songs featured on the BEMANI SONGS ～Best of pop'n music～ video.
- On August 8th, 2015, due to a bug on the official beatmania IIDX eAMUSEMENT website, 少年は空を辿る was accidentally revealed as a future unlock for beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL, as part of the BEMANI SUMMER DIARY 2015 event. It was finally made available to unlock on August 22nd, 2015.
- In the beatmania IIDX series, 少年は空を辿る is the only crossover not originating from the beatmania series to be written in a different font in the songwheel.
- In jukebeat, 少年は空を辿る's title was romanized as Shonen ha Sora wo Tadoru.
- 少年は空を辿る received an EASY chart in pop'n music éclale on December 21st, 2015.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, 少年は空を辿る was revived on March 23rd, 2017.
- 少年は空を辿る is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.9.
- 少年は空を辿る is available in pop'n music Lively as part of the pop'n music Lively 楽曲パック vol.4.
- 少年は空を辿る's jubeat (2021) ratings were adjusted to its jubeat festo ratings on March 7th, 2022.
Song Production Information
Power of Nature
The theme for this song was "a slow but hard boss".
I wanted to break the dogma that "if it's fast of about 170-200BPM, it should be hard".
How could I leave my own mark on the pop'n legacy of boss songs that my seniors have built?
I decided to bring the last of fantasia's magic into my song.
Taking advantage of the lack of bar lines in pop'n and, by using 16th notes and higher and changing the time signatures, I created a sense of speed independent of the BPM.
As a result, it's an extremely busy song even at 140BPM.
I think many players were defeated even when they saw the 140 BPM.
Additionally, I think the chaotic composition of this song is linked to my state of mind at that time.
I'm aiming to do a lot of things, but when I hear the song now, I believe it's the kind of song that can only be found in videogames and that only game music could have made.
The tone is complex, too; it alternates between getting lost in the forest and running through the sky, thoughtful and simple, easy to understand and hard to grasp, a happy end and a bad end, sorrowful and tender, empty and full.
I imagined how I'd feel if I retraced the events leading to the story's end, creating and connecting phrases together accordingly.
I asked the team to reflect these thoughts accordingly with the animations, making them mysterious but lighthearted.
The metaphors, or rather their lack of directness, are excellent to spark the imagination.
Imagination is always an asset, and I think every story you can imagine is correct.
In my opinion, this is an important way for people to enjoy pop'n, and one of the reasons we've been able to produce 20 titles.
In the truest sense, pop'n music was created and taken care of by everyone.
Thank you all very much.
As the music fades out, "MURAKUMO" has no set ending.
I thought that fading it out would be more profound and beautiful than giving it a clean end.
However, I'm aware that beyond the fade out, the next era awaits.
A brand-new pop'n music is already in motion.
And I, with all my brazenness and generosity, would like to ask you all to help me take care of it as well.
Thank you for your continued support of pop'n music.
Always, forever, I'll be watching over you.
Okay, I thought about writing a poem here,,, but I couldn't think of anything~, so I'll just say that I'm happy to be in charge of these animations.
The MZD I sketched at first looked a bit more childish, but I chose to make him walk away from the camera for his NEUTRAL animation and try to make animations with an almost invisible face and no facial expressions, so that his age would be ambiguous. PON also wanted "a boy who appeared normal at first glance but had a mysterious aura".
However, making animations without face expressions was pretty challenging. So I put a lot of effort into the movement of the wrists and the fluttering of his clothes and such... I hope you can feel the love.
Personally, the animation where he lies in a peaceful meadow is my favorite. I'd love to bask in the sun like that.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
jubeat to clan difficulty rated from 1 to 10, and 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア.
ポップンリズミン difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes / Backspin Scratches||-||644 / 0 / 0||1081 / 2 / 0||1729 / 28 / 2||-||644 / 0 / 0||1092 / 13 / 0||1908 / 19 / 0||-|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL→Present||-||6||10||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||10||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|jubeat plus (Android)||7||9||10|
|pop'n music 20 fantasia||21||27||38||43||23||34|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→ラピストリア||-||33||44||↑50||23||34|
|pop'n music éclale→Present||※16||33||44||50||23||34|
|pop'n music Lively||※16||33||44||50||-||-|
※ Denotes chart has been changed from the previous arcade charts:
- EASY chart: total notes: 277.
|REFLEC BEAT colette -Summer-→groovin'!! Upper||4||8||10+||-|
|REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA→VOLZZA 2||4||8||11||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||4||8||11||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||7||10||14||-|
|Phase 1||I REALLY WANT TO HURT YOU - Mighty Guy - ROSE～恋人よ、薔薇色に染まれ - ひみつの言葉|
魔法の扉(スペース🪐マコのテーマ) - オトメルンバ♪ L.E.D.-G STYLE MIX - 時を止める魔女 - 透明なエモーション
|Phase 2||24時間のヒーロー - 2nd ADVENTURE（AGAIN） - Diamond Dust - The Sealer ～ア・ミリアとミリアの民～|
鳳凰～Chinese Phoenix Mix～ - 遠く
|Phase 3||BOOM BOOM PIRATES - Der Wald(kors k Remix) - Mermaid girl - REcorrection - Shining Wizard|
魔法的新定義 electro mix
|Phase 4||KIMONO♥PRINCESS - Little prayer - MANA - 永遠という名の媚薬 ～Pyramid Power・Death Match ver.～|
|Phase MAX I||CELSUS - Eine Haube ～聖地の果てにあるもの～ - カラルの月|
|Phase MAX II||少年は空を辿る|
|Phase MAX EPILOGUE||そして世界は音楽に満ちた|
|jubeat Unlocks|| サヨナラ・ヘヴン - リメンバーリメンバー - Snowfield Express - 黒髪乱れし修羅となりて - 防人恋歌 - カラルの月|
恋はどう？モロ◎波動OK☆方程式！！ - Brand New World - neu - 少年は空を辿る
|pop'n music Unlocks||yellow head joe - Evans - Riot of Color - 量子の海のリントヴルム - HEAVENLY MOON - The Wind of Gold|
†渚の小悪魔ラヴリィ～レイディオ† - JOMANDA - PRANA - True Blue
|beatmania IIDX Unlocks||SHION - 梅雪夜 - 音楽 - examination leave - 朧 - VALLIS-NERIA - シュレーディンガーの猫 - Valanga|
|pop'n music Unlocks||メイメツ、フラグメンツ - 梅雪夜 - 天空の夜明け - ストレイ・マーチ - 灼熱Beach Side Bunny - Daily Lunch Special|
キャトられ♥恋はモ～モク - Valanga
|REFLEC BEAT Unlocks||Devilz Staircase - ZETA～素数の世界と超越者～ - Proof of the existence - コドモライブ - perditus†paradisus|
少年は空を辿る - キャトられ♥恋はモ～モク - シュレーディンガーの猫
|BEMANI SUMMER DIARY 2015|
|Prologue Song||In The Breeze|
|Daily Songs||Sounds Of Summer - Sakura Mirage - ΔMAX - 虹色遊園地 - Scars of FAUNA - TWINKLING - Peragro - double thrash - Chronos|
天空の華 - ヤサイマシ☆ニンニクアブラオオメ - リカーシブ・ファンクション - ドッキン☆サマーあばんちゅーる - TOXIC VIBRATION
wound - 8000000 - 惑星☆ロリポップ - 隅田川夏恋歌 - BELLS - Sakura Sunrise - パ→ピ→プ→Yeah! - citrus
少年は空を辿る - perditus†paradisus
|Epilogue Songs||夏色DIARY (BisCoの思い出（＞▽＜） - DDR mix - GITADORA style - L.E.D.-G STYLE MIX - Summer Dazzlin' Vacation miX -|
Yu-yake Style - 懐色DIEARY - 俺のjubeat編)