Lyrics: Brenda Burch
Vocals: Anna Kaelin
BPM: 95-190 (pop'n music EASY/NORMAL/HYPER, DanceDanceRevolution), 11-190 (pop'n music EX), 190 (REFLEC BEAT)
pop'n music Genre: PRINCESS CORE (姫コア)
pop'n music Character: KIKYO [18-1P]
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY3 / DanceDanceRevolution X2 CS
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution X2
- DanceEvolution ARCADE
- DanceMasters / DanceEvolution
- pop'n music 20 fantasia
- REFLEC BEAT limelight
- REFLEC BEAT plus MUSIC PACK 23
I've been invited to a summer festival The music surrounds me on this special night I find myself getting lost in the moment Graciously dancing and you're in my sight You're stepping along can't get my eyes off of you Then I see you're looking back at me Could this be what I think it is? Can feel my heart beat like a new butterfly I know you've got to be the one I could tell when our eyes met each other I can't help my knees are feeling weak ※ As I feel myself falling fast You've got the cutest little smile We can tell there's attraction going on now Stars are all aligning One-by-one for our love You are my Prince Charming And you make me feel like I am a KIMONO♥PRINCESS I'm not dreaming I know you've got to be the one I could tell when our eyes met each other I can't help my knees are feeling weak ※ repeat
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of KIMONO♥PRINCESS, titled KIMONO♥PRINCESS (TGS2010 Ver.), can be found in the DanceEvolution Original Soundtrack.
- A portion of KIMONO♥PRINCESS is featured in DanceDanceRevolution (2010)'s HOTTEST PARTY 3 nonstop megamix.
- An instrumental version of KIMONO♥PRINCESS can be found in a promotional DanceMasters disc by Taco Bell.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- During the DanceDanceRevolution X2 location tests, KIMONO♥PRINCESS was one of the FINAL STAGE-only songs, along with POSSESSION.
- On the final release of DanceDanceRevolution X2, KIMONO♥PRINCESS is the default EXTRA STAGE song. Obtaining a AA or higher on KIMONO♥PRINCESS lets you play roppongi EVOLVED as the ENCORE EXTRA STAGE.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS was temporarily unlocked for normal play from November 19th to 22nd, 2010.
- As of January 26th, 2011, it has been unlocked for normal play.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS received a slightly changed Double EXPERT chart when it appeared in the arcade version of DanceDanceRevolution X2 (however, its total notecount was not modified).
- In the arcade DanceDanceRevolution titles, KIMONO♥PRINCESS features a unique video. However, it plays in the background of the BIG SCREEN dance stage and is not full-screen.
- This video reuses three DDRMAX-EXTREME background movies.
- This video was not retained in DanceDanceRevolution GRAND PRIX, causing KIMONO♥PRINCESS to be played on the DANCING RAYS stage instead.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS' DanceDanceRevolution jackets re-use the illustration from exotic ethnic OR-IF-IS Mix's graphics, as well as artwork of YUNI from DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS is one of the unlockable songs of Phase 4 of pop'n music 20 fantasia's Soreyuke! pop'n quest (それゆけ！ポップンクエスト) event. It could be unlocked from May 23rd, 2012.
- As of October 1st, 2012, it is available by default.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS marks the first appearance of Anna Kaelin in pop'n music.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS' songwheel genre (姫コア) reads as HIME CORE.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS' pop'n music EX chart has a couple of BPM changes to 11 BPM, to simulate the stops in the original DanceDanceRevolution charts.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS was made playable in REFLEC BEAT limelight on June 27th, 2012, as part of its summer update.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS received an EASY chart in pop'n music Sunny Park, replacing its old 5-Buttons chart.
- At some time before June 30th, 2016, KIMONO♥PRINCESS' HARD difficulty was re-rated to Level 8 in REFLEC BEAT plus.
- KIMONO♥PRINCESS is available in DanceDanceRevolution GRAND PRIX's GRAND PRIX mode from September 26th, 2022, by purchasing the GRAND PRIX music pack vol.10 (グランプリ楽曲パック vol.10).
Song Production Information
From DDR to DanceEvolution, the kimono princess has finally landed in pop'n♥
Being able to play this song in various ways makes me feel really happy.
For KIMONO♥PRINCESS, I aimed to make a pop and cute melody, which is easy to play despite the fast BPM.
I would be happy if you play this song for a long time, sometimes dancing to it, and hitting buttons other times.
I missed seeing jun and wac arguing about charts in front of the arcade cabinet.
I thought they were arguing about the chart layout, but before I knew it, they discussed the difficulty of using Twitter.
So that's when I realized.
... Isn't this the legendary "double jun×jun"!!
(Yes, the double jun×jun theme song is played here)
Being surrounded by the double jun×jun conversations caused me to slowly become a jun too.
Only EX has the soflan gimmick, but it's not an exaggeration to say that jun's aggressive part was like that.
But rather, jun's kindness is not shown throughout the entire chart.
It's amazing, jun!
To those of you who liked this song!
By all means, please dance to it in DanEvo!
The DanEvo choreography for KIMONO♥PRINCESS has too much of a strong impact, so the dance appears in my mind even if I'm playing pop'n.
Join both hands together, and bow left and right. I heard a strange story that Japanese people use one hand to chop through a crowd, but this song is also like a cross-cultural exchange.
Is this Princess KIKYO?~ She's a high-class kimono princess, isn't she! Oh, boots.
I was surprised at the opening BPM and skeleton, that I "quickly!" fell~.
But I was alright because I had a full stomach.
Wasn't she the person who liked skeletons...?
It's OK to be full, but I want to take better care of myself.
Even if I know it's coming, the low speed in the middle section defeats me..
For me, The World stops can be placed in DDR charts.
Time stops flowing in these type of songs.
After that, the consistency somehow fits together.
I still don't understand that logic, but it's reproduced in pop'n like this.
I have to calculate the number of bars and beats using advanced math skills, which my brain hasn't used in a while, and I almost burn out from overheating, but it's not bad to occasionally exercise it.
This was the most difficult math I've ever done.
I shouted "Whoa!" with all my might.
I heard the song a lot beforehand, so I thought I knew it...
And before the hook... Will that day come when I can see it...
I like its high-tension feeling.
The unlock quest, "Kimono Princess", appears after clearing the "This Shining Fashion Season", "Welcome Fantasy", and "Oriental Rapids" quests.
"This Shining Fashion Season" is a green quest. Even if it's a shining object, it's not a mackerel or sardine.
"Oriental Rapids" is a red quest, with the unlock conditions stated here.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, and from 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||136 / 14||234 / 27||366 / 28||510 / 35||- / - / -||220 / 27||328 / 16||473 / 17||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution X2 CS||5||7||11||15||-||7||11||15||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY3 / MUSIC FIT||3||6||8||10||-||-||-||-||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution GRAND PRIX||5||8||12||15||-||8||13||16||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX→Present||5||↑8||↑12||15||-||↑8||↑13||↑16||-|
|DanceMasters / DanceEvolution||4|
|pop'n music 20 fantasia||17||18||35||41||25||32|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||※4||24||↑42||47||25||32|
※ The notecount of this chart is different from the old 5-Buttons chart (total notes: 115).
|REFLEC BEAT limelight→colette -Winter-||3||7||9||-|
|REFLEC BEAT colette -Spring-→VOLZZA 2||3||7||↓8||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||3||7||8||-|
|Phase 1||I REALLY WANT TO HURT YOU - Mighty Guy - ROSE～恋人よ、薔薇色に染まれ - ひみつの言葉|
魔法の扉（スペース@マコのテーマ) - オトメルンバ♪ L.E.D.-G STYLE MIX - 時を止める魔女 - 透明なエモーション
|Phase 2||24時間のヒーロー - 2nd ADVENTURE（AGAIN） - Diamond Dust - The Sealer ～ア・ミリアとミリアの民～|
鳳凰～Chinese Phoenix Mix～ - 遠く
|Phase 3||BOOM BOOM PIRATES - Der Wald(kors k Remix) - Mermaid girl - REcorrection - Shining Wizard|
魔法的新定義 electro mix
|Phase 4||KIMONO♥PRINCESS - Little prayer - MANA - 永遠という名の媚薬 ～Pyramid Power・Death Match ver.～|
|Phase MAX I||CELSUS - Eine Haube ～聖地の果てにあるもの～ - カラルの月|
|Phase MAX II||少年は空を辿る|
|Phase MAX EPILOGUE||そして世界は音楽に満ちた|