Not to be confused with GuitarFreaks & DrumMania vocalist Junko Terashima.
- Name: Junko Karashima (辛島純子)
- Birthdate: August 18th
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jun_TERRA
Junko Karashima was a long-time artist at KONAMI, who was first involved in the SEGA Saturn versions of Vandal Hearts and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in 1997, and also served as the sound director for the Game Boy Color games International Rally in 1999 and The Mummy in 2000. In BEMANI, she first appeared in DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-, moving up in the series to becoming head sound director of DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA, as well as several of the HOTTEST PARTY entries. She is best known for her group songs under the TЁЯRA alias alongside Naoki Maeda. She also wrote lyrics for a few of Naoki's songs outside of said alias, including at least two for his J-POP group BeForU.
Junko also did the music for the first installment of KONAMI's Japanese arcade game series, QUIZ MAGIC ACADEMY.
Junko left KONAMI in 2013 alongside Naoki Maeda. Similar to Naoki, most jackets and videos appearances of her were removed from BEMANI games; their TËЯRA profile was also removed from the BEMANI Fan Site's artist listing. After Junko left KONAMI, she joined CAPCOM and worked on songs for the CROSS×BEATS series produced by Naoki Maeda, until the series' end in 2018.
- Although not the first female sound director in BEMANI, Junko is the first to sound direct a main title in the series, as opposed to a spinoff (like Kaoko Aoki when she sound directed beatmania featuring DREAMS COME TRUE).
- Junko is the sound director for CAPCOM's ROCKMAN X DiVE (ロックマンX DiVE).
- She also composed and performed the theme song for ROCKMAN X DiVE Offline (ロックマンX DiVE オフライン), Recognize.