Be Rock U (1998 burst style)
Be Rock U (1998 burst style)
Composition/Arrangement: Naoki Maeda
Lyrics: Londell "Taz" Hicks, jun
Vocals: DIGICCO (beatmania IIDX 9th style→20 tricoro), jun (beatmania IIDX 9th style CS)
Genre: ULTRA ROCK BEAT
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 9th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 衝撃の波が押し寄せ 眠る鼓動 呼び覚ました 戻れない Be Rock U Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 強いー筋の光線が 闇を裂いて 誘うままに走った Be Rock U この魂を 解き放った ･･････ 自由なのか? 孤独なのか? Yes! I can get the HYPER-BEAT in 2003 強いー筋の光線が 今 新たな 進化型を導き出している ･･････
Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 shougeki no nami ga oshiyose nemuru kodou yobisamashita modorenai Be Rock U Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 tsuyoii suji no hikari ga yami wo saite izanau mama ni hashitta Be Rock U kono kokoro wo tokihanatta...... jiyuuna no ka? kodokuna no ka? Yes! I can get the HYPER-BEAT in 2003 tsuyoii suji no hikari ga ima aratana shinkakei wo michibikidashite iru......
Song Connections / Remixes
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is a remake of NAOKI's 1998, from DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is part of NAOKI's B-U series.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) received new vocals by Junko Karashima in beatmania IIDX 9th style CS.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is performed by the four girl unit, (Tomomi Kohno, Rie Kito, Keiko Ishigami, and Asuka Tanaka), named DIGICCO (デジっ娘) who are artists outside of BEMANI and have 3 singles of their own, and who have become the official campaign girls for the sports company Dunlop. Official website with more information at: Digicco.com.
- Tomomi Kohno and Rie Kito would afterwards provide some vocals for BEMANI under the Tomomi and ЯIRE aliases respectively.
- "Be Rock U" can also be read as "be roku u". "Roku" (六) means "six", therefore the title can also be read as "B6U".
- Besides providing lyrics/vocals for some Naoki Maeda songs, Londell "Taz" Hicks also was the announcer voice for some DanceDanceRevolution titles.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) was still playable during the location test of beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA. It was removed from the final version of the game.
- The original Be Rock U (1998 burst style) sung by DIGICCO has never appeared in a CS beatmania IIDX release.
- Additionally, the jun version of Be Rock U (1998 burst style) cannot be found on any beatmania IIDX soundtrack.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) was supposed to appear on the cancelled game カラオケレボリューション BEMANIシリーズセレクション.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||7||N/A||4||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→20 tricoro||-||4||7||9||4||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||-||4||7||7||4||7||-|
|NAOKI's B-U series|
|BRILLIANT 2U - B4U - Be Rock U (1998 burst style)|