Artist: NAOKI feat.Paula Terry
Lyrics/Vocals: Paula Terry
Genre: HYPER EUROBEAT
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 8th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
I knew it had to be you Fill me with your love When I thought all was lost You said "come take my hand" Take you for a drive, drivin' in my open car The wind blowing in our hair Living life without a care Baby you're so real, baby so strong I know we can't go wrong We're drivin' in your car We have never gone this far Now the time has come for us To spend the night together now Drivin' in your car You come straight into my heart Soon I will be yours And we'll spend tonight together We're drivin' in your car Who knew we would come this far I can't wait for us to spend the whole Night together now You drive me in your car Nothing can keep us apart I know you and me will be Always be forever more
Song Connections / Remixes
- A downbeat remix of Drivin' by Yu Takami, titled Drivin' (undulated mix), appears on the V-RARE SOUND TRACK 8 CD.
- Drivin' appears as part of Power 2 Shuffle Mix, from DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE.
- Drivin' features VJ GYO's characters Mika, Yuri, and Akane in the video.
- According to NAOKI, Drivin' was originally to be titled in Japanese and sung in Japanese to go with the other songs in 8th style he named/were sung in Japanese (蒼い衝動 and 桜), as well as the difficulty of writing English lyrics for his songs (a possible reference to him co-writing the lyrics to D2R earlier that year). It was through trial and error with Paula Terry that the song was finished.
- VJ GYO also notes that the video for Drivin' was made based off the instrumental version of the song, before the lyrics were wrapped up or even the name of the song was known, possibly due to NAOKI's difficulty when working on the song.
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3's website had a gameplay screenshot of Drivin', but the song is not included in the game.
- Similarly, a screenshot of Drivin' appears in the manual for DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4, despite the song not being in the game.
- Drivin's DanceDanceRevolution graphics were made by Masaki Sugimoto.
- The unused Drivin' graphics are available in Masaki Sugimoto's Photobucket account .
- Drivin' doesn't appear in the nonstop megamix of the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album.
- Drivin' received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE.
- Drivin' was still present in the location test of DanceDanceRevolution X, with its new foot ratings.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ (up to 9th style) or 8 (10th style), from 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||7||N/A||4||6||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||4||7||10||4||6||7|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||4||7||10||4||6||↑8|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→16 EMPRESS||-||4||7||10||4||6||↑9|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||-||4||7||7||4||6||7|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS||2||4||7||10||4||6||9|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||68 / 7||126 / 10||223 / 32||394 / 12||- / - / -||117 / 10||225 / 32||371 / 24||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution X (location test)||2||4||7||13||-||4||7||13||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS JP||1||3||6||9||-||2||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage UNIVERSE||N/A||4||6||8||-||3||6||9||-|