Composition/Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
Lyrics/Vocals: Londell "Taz" Hicks, Andrea L. Hopkins
Jacket design: RICE.C
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME
Other Music Game Appearances: None
Ooooooh, ooooo-ooooh (Go, go!) Oh-oh oh-oh woah, oh-oh-oooooh When you go on the floor and turn it loose Move those sexy legs and feel the boost Hard to know where ever my steps might end Let the party go on - In a way you're going fine by me Come on, try it like this Wait too long, you got nothing right there where you standing, Hell yeah, I'm the man What else you you expect from my beautiful command? I want to take you where (I want to take you where) (go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, c'mon!) We can party (we can party) From dusk 'til dawn (1998!) I know you feel (I know you feel) (go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, c'mon!) Like letting go (let it go)... The music make you high The music has the power (Music make you high) One, two - are you with me? Feel the beat and make your body sweat (Music make you higher) Like a sheer taste, start things again Go X - and Y, movin' free (Music take you higher) Party up, fellas like your dreams Stay, don't miss the pow'r again (Oh, music make you higher) Free that mind, Work your body 'til it's wet and soakin' We hot 'n smokin'! You got to bring your mind (bring it up, let it go, let it go!) And then (come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on!) Work that body Go on, get down (1998!) Oh, go with me (Oh go with me) (go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, c'mon!) And let go (you gotta let it go) The music make you high (and it make you high) The music has the power
Song Connections / Remixes
- 1998 is the first song featured in DDR MEGAMIX, from pop'n music 10.
- A cover of 1998 by DIGICCO, titled Be Rock U (1998 burst style), appears in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- An instrumental version of 1998 appears in the video inside KI・SE・KI, from BeForU's single of the same name.
- A cover of 1998 by NAOKI presents WORLD WIDE STYLE, titled 1998 (Sparky 2006), is available on the KONAMI♪MUSICフル service.
- A short version of 1998 (Sparky 2006) can be found in DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY. The artist was changed to J-RAVERS.
- A re-arranged version of 1998 is used in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA CS (America) as the BGM in Stellar Master Mode's PIZZA BOX.
- This version appears on the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK nonstop megamix as ENDING by MONSTER-G.
- A re-arranged version of 1998 with new vocals was performed live in the release event for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3). This version has never been released to the public.
- 1998's title is a reference to the year when the original DanceDanceRevolution arcade game was released.
- A wallpaper based on 1998's background was available on the DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME website (archived).
- 1998's unique video introduces a blue colored canine mecha first appeared from BRILLIANT 2U (it was pink-red colored in BRILLIANT 2U, gold-yellow in BRILLIANT 2U (Orchestra Groove), and light blue in BRILLIANT 2U (K.O.G G3 MIX).)
- 1998 was performed at the Extreme! Dance Live ~in velfarre~ event in 2003.
- 1998 received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2. This video was carried to the arcade releases in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- In DanceDanceRevolution A, its original EXTREME video is shown when 1998 is played from the DDR SELECTION folder.
- 1998 appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR EXTREME Pack 3.
Song Production Information
In 1998, DDR was born...
A month and four years have passed since then.
Soon, I will have produced a bit more than 100 songs for KONAMI's BEMANI series.
I have continued to run without looking aside. I have evolved. The draw vision also continues to change.
But, now I remember. At that time, in that place, all that I felt.....
In a different perspective, D2R was a "return to the basics". This main keyword is "1998".
Beyond the distant memory, I want to deliver the real current NAOKI sound.
You have unlocked the song "1998" by NAOKI. In classic NAOKI style, get ready to party like it's 1998 with his latest high-energy song. The same artist behind other fan favorite hits like "DYNAMITE RAVE", "D2R" and "B4U" turns up the intensity in "1998" with 90's rave synths, rockin' guitar riffs, passionate female vocals, driving rhythms and energetic raps. Check out other songs by this artist in this game and Dance Dance Revolution, Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX, DDRMAX Dance Dance Revolution, DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution and Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||119 / 0||177 / 1||231 / 1||311 / 6||- / - / -||180 / 1||235 / 2||313 / 6||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|