- 1 D2R
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Video Production Information
- 1.8 Difficulty & Notecounts
Composition/Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
Lyrics: Londell "Taz" Hicks, Andrea L. Hopkins, NAOKI MAEDA
Vocals: Londell "Taz" Hicks, Andrea L. Hopkins
Genre: HYPER ROCK BEAT
Jacket design: RICE.C
VJ: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 7th style / DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Everyone dance with me, everyone (Get on the dance floor now!) And this is your last chance for a dance tonight (Aaaaaahhhhhhh, yeah!) Ready, set, go - c'mon take a chance Move away 'till forever, dance There's plenty more, what we've got in store But this jam don't start until we hit the floor So c'mon everybody, from left to right D2R is here, it's party night If you want romance, forget this show On the floor, party now, forevermore! Everybody dance with me Let the music move your feet (c'mon c'mon c'mon) Everybody dance with me Dance with me, let the music move your feet for me C'mon, baby Work that body We're gonna dance, dance, dance All day, all night, ooohh right I'm gonna come back With a rhyming fit Below the deck Here's another hit Quicker to the steps As high as I can see Let your body jack 'Till you feel the beat All I wanna say is on the count of three Put your hands in the air where my eyes can see 9 to 5, bring it to the floor So c'mon, make me run up and move! Listen to the DJ play Jams to make you wanna sway So c'mon baby, take my hand, make some plan Feel that romance is here to stay Throw your hands up in the air Wave them like you haven't got a care I want you to romance with me, dance with me, Help the music set your body free D2R!
Song Connections / Remixes
- According to NAOKI's song production information on the beatmania IIDX 7th style official website, D2R was the foundation for BRILLIANT 2U, B4U and DYNAMITE RAVE prior to its debut.
- D2R is sampled in DDR MEGAMIX, from pop'n music 10.
- An instrumental version of D2R appears in the video inside KI・SE・KI, from BeForU's single of the same name.
- An arrangement of D2R is used as the RANDOM BGM in BOOM BOOM DANCE / Rhythm Party.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- D2R marks Naoki Maeda's only known BEMANI song he wrote the lyrics for.
- According to NAOKI, D2R was originally made back around the first DanceDanceRevolution game, but it was shelved until its rework in DDRMAX2.
- D2R marks the first appearance of Londell "Taz" Hicks, the announcer of the DanceDanceRevolution series from DDRMAX through SuperNOVA2, as a vocalist.
- The robot from B4U appears in D2R's background animations.
- D2R received a BEGINNER chart in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- D2R("FREEZE" Special) is one of the My GROOVE RADAR (Myグルーヴレーダー) unlockable songs in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2. To unlock it, you must play songs that have charts which focus on the FREEZE parameter of the GROOVE RADAR.
- As of April 10th, 2008, D2R("FREEZE" Special) has been unlocked for normal play.
- D2R's Double EXPERT chart was slightly altered in DanceDanceRevolution X, fixing a jump which was timed one 16th late.
- D2R's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- Since June 1st, 2017 in DanceDanceRevolution A, D2R("FREEZE" Special) no longer appears in the song selection screen if the player does not use an e-amusement pass.
Song Production Information
CS Information Data
"D2R" by NAOKI is the latest energetic masterpiece from the same artist behind hit Dance Dance Revolution songs like "DYNAMITE RAVE", "BRILLIANT 2U" and "B4U". Packed with high-energy rhythms, ultra-fast rap vocals and soulful female vocals, "D2R" will have you tearing up the dance floor.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ from 7th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||6||N/A||-||5||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||5||6||8||-||5||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||5||6||6||-||5||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||6||8||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||124 / 0||147 / 5||236 / 29||327 / 7||- / - / -||138 / 4||238 / 10||332 / 0||- / - / -|
|DDRMAX2 location test||-||2||6||7||-||2||4||7||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS JP||-||3||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS US||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|Dancing Stage Fever (PS2)||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS JP||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS||3||4||7||11||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||175 / 67 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||158 / 54 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 JP CS||-||-||-||-||8||-||-||-||9|
|DanceDanceRevolution X2 CS||-||-||-||-||12||-||-||-||13|