DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-
|DanceDanceRevolution arcade releases|
|1st - 2nd (CLUB VER.1 / CLUB VER.2)|
3rd (VER.KOREA / Ver.KOREA2 / PLUS)
4th (PLUS) - 5th - MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME
SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X - X2 - X3 VS 2ndMIX
2013 - 2014 - A - A20 (PLUS) - A3
|Solo BASS - Solo 2000|
Karaoke - Karaoke 2nd - KIDS - USA
TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE
|Dancing Stage European exclusive releases|
|1st / 1.5 - EuroMIX - EuroMIX2 - Fusion|
DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-
- Release Date: October 19th, 2001
- Slogan: 僕は踊るために生まれてきた。 DDRMAXはそんな君のために生まれた。 (Boku wa odoru tame ni umaretekita. DDRMAX wa sonna kimi no tame ni umareta.; I was born to dance. DDRMAX was born for you.)
General Information / Changes
- DDRMAX introduced/changed a lot of things in the arcade DanceDanceRevolution series, including:
- An in-game options menu, which you can choose before any stage by holding down the Start button before a song.
- Introduction of Freeze Arrows, long, green arrows you must hold for the duration of its appearance; failure to do so will not dock Dance Points or break combo, but will result in a significant loss of the Dance Meter.
- A screen demonstrating the usage of Freeze Arrows is shown if LIGHT or STANDARD difficulty is selected.
- A new announcer, Londell "Taz" Hicks, who would be used for the next four arcade games, up to SuperNOVA2.
- Scores now having a fixed maximum amount of points, regardless of step count: 50,000,000 points. Points increase as a song nears its end.
- Jumps now adding two to your combo (but count as only one step for all other purposes). Jumps would go back to counting as one step in SuperNOVA.
- The return of EXTRA STAGE, this time with exclusive songs playable through it.
- BASIC, TRICK and MANIAC difficulties being renamed to LIGHT, STANDARD and HEAVY, respectively.
- Difficulty ratings being removed, making DDRMAX the only DanceDanceRevolution arcade game in any region without difficulty ratings. Ratings would return in the next game.
- FOLLOW ME and FLASH IN THE NIGHT have never received difficulty ratings, as they never appeared on any other DanceDanceRevolution games.
- Introduction of the GROOVE RADAR, which shows five attributes for a song: STREAM, VOLTAGE, CHAOS, AIR, and FREEZE.
- Unlike subsequent DanceDanceRevolution titles, it has numbers next to the attributes, but only when pressing down the Start button before the Groove Radar is displayed. The number listing wouldn't appear again until DanceDanceRevolution (2014).
- All songs from 5thMIX were removed.
- As such, this is the only mainline DanceDanceRevolution arcade game in any region to not feature a PARANOiA series song.
- That said, there is an early mockup screenshot of the select music screen which still features songs from 5thMIX.
- The KONAMI original REMIX CD Title has been renamed to just KONAMI original.
- The default arrow design has been slightly modified, with a rounded tip rather than a V-shaped cut on the tail end, known as NORMAL in the special arrow options. The original arrow design would be revived in DanceDanceRevolution X as the CLASSIC arrow option.
- In-game options menu introduces eight new modifiers to the mainline arcade series:
- Speed modifiers of x1.5, x2, x3, x5, and x8, in which the speed of arrows scrolling and spacing of arrows match.
- REVERSE, in which the scroll direction of the arrows is reversed, descending towards the target arrows at the bottom of the screen.
- SOLO, which replicates the arrow color scheme used in the Solo sub-series. It was renamed to RAINBOW in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- Until SuperNOVA, this modifier was forced to both sides, even if only one player selected it.
- BOOST, in which each arrow increases its speed as it reaches the stepping zone.
- Unlike the previous game, the sort order can now be changed by simply pressing both the left and right selection buttons without having to press the start button afterwards.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game with Premium Mode.
- Double Premium allows you to play either Single or Double mode for only one credit, while Joint Premium lets you play any mode for one credit.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game to show a screen indicating the current stage (e.g., 1st STAGE, FINAL STAGE) before the song starts.
- Although NORI NORI NORI and The Centre Of The Heart (STONEBRIDGE CLUBMIX) received new LIGHT charts, their old BASIC charts from DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS are still playable as EDIT DATA.
- These edits were not kept in DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-.
- As a result, DDRMAX is the last game in the series to feature pre-installed EDIT DATA.
- Color labeling on the songwheel has changed:
- Green for normal songs.
- Red for EXTRA STAGE and ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE songs.
- Purple for hidden song true... (trance sunrise mix).
- Total songs: 42
- DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX- Credits
- DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX- OST Booklet Credits
All songs have Single/Double LIGHT/STANDARD/HEAVY charts. DDRMAX doesn't use difficulty levels. Songs are listed in in-game order, instead of being sorted alphabetically.
To play this song, two songs by either BeForU or Riyu Kosaka (小坂りゆ) have to be cleared before the FINAL STAGE. The possible songs are:
- Firefly by BeForU.
- DIVE(more deep & deeper style) by BeForU.
- true... (radio edit) by 小坂りゆ.
true... (trance sunrise mix) will then be available to play for the FINAL STAGE. Unless the arcade operator has unlocked all the hidden songs, this is the only way to play the song.
|true... (trance sunrise mix)
To unlock this song, you must clear a HEAVY chart with a rating of AA or higher on your last stage. MAX 300's HEAVY chart (Single or Double, depending on current play style) will become available as your EXTRA STAGE, with no way to change the difficulty or the song.
The EXTRA STAGE is on a "Pressure life meter"; it starts out at maximum health, but will not be replenished. In addition, the SPEED modifier is locked at x1.5, SCROLL is locked to Reverse, and the score counter is replaced by a timer displaying the elapsed time.
ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE
To unlock this song, you must AA MAX 300's HEAVY chart on EXTRA STAGE. CANDY☆'s HEAVY chart (Single or Double, depending on current play mode) will then appear as your ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE. Like with the EXTRA STAGE, you cannot change the song or chart.
The ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE is on a "Sudden Death" (RISKY) life gauge; breaking your combo or getting an N.G. on a Freeze Arrow instantly fails the stage. As with the EXTRA STAGE, the x1.5 and Reverse modifiers are in effect, and a timer indicating elapsed time replaces the score counter.
Like 5thMIX, DDRMAX has only one unlock code available. When used, the one hidden song and both boss songs are automatically unlocked.
- Press Test button to enter the Service Menu.
- Highlight "Game Options".
- Hold 1P down panel and Service button, and then press 1P start button. The "secret" menu will be revealed.
- Select "Append".
- Input the password in order as shown below. Use 1P left and right selection buttons to select spaces, and 1P start button to change characters.
- After entering the password, hold 1P left and right selection buttons, and then press 1P start button to confirm the password.
- Select "Exit" to game options menu. Do not select "Initialize".
- 1st PASS: PGEKMMN-INGLOMI
The following songs from previous DanceDanceRevolution titles have received new charts since their last appearances:
|Song||Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Healing Vision (Angelic mix)||DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||-||-||-||-||N/A|
|NORI NORI NORI||DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||N/A||-||-||N/A||-||-|
|The Centre Of The Heart (STONEBRIDGE CLUBMIX)||DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||N/A||-||-||N/A||-||-|
Every song that was present in DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX was removed.
- DDRMAX official site (archived)