DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-
|DanceDanceRevolution arcade releases|
|1st - 2nd (CLUB VER.1 / CLUB VER.2) - 3rd (VER.KOREA / Ver.KOREA2 / PLUS)|
|4th (PLUS) - 5th - MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME|
|SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X - X2 - X3 VS 2ndMIX - 2013 - 2014 - A|
|Solo BASS - Solo 2000 - KIDS - USA|
|TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE - Disney's RAVE|
DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-
- Release Date: October 19th, 2001.
General Information / Changes
- None of the 122 songs that were in 5thMIX returned.
- That said, there is an early mockup screenshot of the select music screen which still features songs from 5thMIX.
- Introduces a new announcer. This announcer would continue to appear in arcade DanceDanceRevolution games, up to DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2.
- The dancing characters were removed. They're replaced with background animations, stored as videos instead of sprites.
- Freeze Arrows are introduced. Unlike regular arrows, you must hold the Freeze Arrow during its duration. Failure to do so will not dock Dance Points or break combo, but will result in a significant loss of the Dance Meter.
- The arrow design has been slightly modified, with a rounded tip rather than a V-shaped cut on the tail end. This would be the default design for later DDR games, while the original arrow design would be revived in DanceDanceRevolution X as the CLASSIC arrow option.
- A screen demonstrating the usage of Freeze Arrows is shown before the game begins. This screen was used until DanceDanceRevolution X (except SuperNOVA).
- A screen demonstrating the usage of Freeze Arrows is shown when LIGHT or STANDARD difficulty is selected before the game begins.
- Unlike most previous DanceDanceRevolution games, scores now have a fixed maximum amount of points, regardless of step count: 50,000,000 points.
- Points are also worth more and more as the song nears its end.
- BASIC, TRICK and MANIAC difficulties are renamed as LIGHT, STANDARD and HEAVY, respectively.
- Hitting a jump adds 2 to your combo but counts as only one step for all other purposes. This behavior is similar to DanceDanceRevolution Solo BASS MIX and DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000, but the entire jump is judged as one note rather than both notes being judged separately. Jumps would go back to incrementing combo by only one in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- Second DanceDanceRevolution game with the EXTRA STAGE boss song mechanic. The first game had an EXTRA STAGE system, but was not limited to boss songs.
- Difficulty ratings were removed. They would return in the next game, however.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game to feature the GROOVE RADAR.
- Unlike subsequent DanceDanceRevolution titles, it has numbers next to the attributes (VOLTAGE, AIR, etc.), but only when the Start button is pressed down before the Groove Radar is displayed. This did not appear again until DanceDanceRevolution (2014); however, it displays numbers next to the attribute.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game to have an options/modifiers menu before each song, rather than using codes. (Dancing Stage featuring TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON and Dancing Stage featuring DREAMS COME TRUE also have modifier menus in place of codes, but only at the beginning of the player's credit.)
- Introduces eight new modifiers:
- REVERSE, in which the scroll direction of the arrows is reversed, descending towards the target arrows at the bottom of the screen.
- SOLO, which replicates the arrow color scheme used in the Solo sub-series of games. It would later be renamed to RAINBOW in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- Until DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA, this modifier was forced to both sides even if only one player selected it.
- Speed modifiers of x1.5, x2, x3, x5, and x8, in which their speed of arrow scrolling and spacing of arrows match.
- BOOST, in which each arrow increases its speed as it reaches the stepping zone.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game to show top 30 selected songs by the players.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game wherein the song list can also be sorted by title (ABC), BPM, or TOP 30.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game with this behavior in song selection: when a folder is highlighted and 5 seconds of countdown timer remain, the first song under that folder will be highlighted and player can only select any songs under that folder and cannot switch to the next song list sort option. This same behavior was used until EXTREME.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game with Premium Mode. Double Premium allows you to play either Single or Double mode for only one credit, while Joint Premium lets you play any mode for one credit.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game to show a screen indicating the current stage (e.g., 1st STAGE, FINAL STAGE) before the song starts.
- First DanceDanceRevolution game to show list of songs in alphabetical order on the THANK YOU FOR PLAYING screen. Used until SuperNOVA2.
- Total songs: 42
Full credits: DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX- Credits
- Director: 犬坊主
- Programmer: Yoshiniko "29歳 今だ現役" Narita, Takahiro "tak" Ohashi, Masahiko "m.y" Yatsuzaka, Kisashi "ぴさ" Mori
- Designer: Mayu "まゆ姐" Konishi, Tomohiro "パツ禁" Ota, RICE.C, Yoshiko "YOSSAN" Oiwa
- Sound Producer: NAOKI
- Sound Engineer: じぃしま
- Producer: おおたP
- DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX- OST Booklet Credits
All songs have Single/Double LIGHT/STANDARD/HEAVY charts. Difficulty ratings were not available in DDRMAX. The songs are listed similar to how they appear in game instead of being sorted alphabetically.
To play this song, two songs by either BeForU or Riyu Kosaka (小坂りゆ) have to be cleared before the FINAL STAGE. The possible songs are:
- Firefly and DIVE ~more deep & deeper style~ by BeForU.
- true... ~radio edit~ by 小坂りゆ.
For the FINAL STAGE, true... (trance sunrise mix) will then be available to play. Unless the arcade operator have unlocked all the hidden songs, this is the only way to play the song.
|true... (trance sunrise mix)||小坂りゆ||140|
To unlock this song, you must clear a HEAVY chart with a rating of AA or higher on your last stage. MAX 300's HEAVY chart (Single or Double depending on current play style) will then become available as your EXTRA STAGE, with no way to change the difficulty or the song.
The EXTRA STAGE is on a "Pressure life meter"; it starts out at maximum health, but will not be replenished as it usually would. In addition, the SPEED modifiers is locked at x1.5 and SCROLL is also locked to Reverse, and the score counter is replaced by a timer displaying the elapsed time.
ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE
To unlock this song, you must AA one of MAX 300's HEAVY charts on EXTRA STAGE. CANDY☆'s HEAVY charts (Single or Double depending on current play mode) will then appear as your ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE. Like with the EXTRA STAGE, you cannot change the song or chart.
The ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE is on a "Sudden Death" (RISKY) life gauge: If you break your combo or get an N.G. on a Freeze Arrow, you instantly fail the stage. As with the EXTRA STAGE, the x1.5 and Reverse modifiers are in effect and a timer indicating elapsed time replaces the score counter.
Every song that was present in DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX was removed.
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.