CANDY (Luv UNLIMITED)
This page is for the song CANDY☆, a Luv UNLIMITED song from DDRMAX. For other songs of similar titles, please see CANDY (disambiguation).
Also, not to be confused with candii or Candy Star.
Artist: Luv UNLIMITED
Composition/Arrangement: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
Genre: CANDY POP
Movie: MORO (beatmania)
First Music Game Appearance: DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A vocal version of CANDY☆ featuring vocals by Riyu Kosaka, titled CANDY♥, appears in DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-.
- A faster-paced remix of CANDY☆, titled CANDY☆ (Planet Remix), appears on the Dancemania SPEED 10 album.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- CANDY☆ is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-. To play it, you must get at least a AA on the Single or Double HEAVY chart of MAX 300 as EXTRA STAGE.
- According to Naoki's comment on the beatmania THE FINAL page for CANDY☆, it was written as a "pre-production" song for what became CANDY♥ in DDRMAX2.
- CANDY☆ has an alternate chart in Dancing Stage Fusion CS (PS2)'s MISSION mode Challenge #96.
- CANDY☆ received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3.
- CANDY☆ received brand-new CHALLENGE charts in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE. These charts have never been used in an arcade DanceDanceRevolution release.
- CANDY☆(X-Special) is one of the X-Special ENCORE EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from July 9th, 2009 by obtaining at least a AA on MAX 300(X-Special) as the EXTRA STAGE.
- As of October 1st, 2009, CANDY☆(X-Special) has been unlocked for normal play.
- From DanceDanceRevolution X2 onwards, CANDY☆(X-Special) appears in the DanceDanceRevolution X folder instead of the DDRMAX folder.
- CANDY☆ received a different jacket in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3.
- In DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 and Dancing Stage Unleashed3, CANDY☆ is titled as CANDY ★.
- In DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION, CANDY☆'s title dropped the star symbol in its title, as such, the title now shown as CANDY.
- In DanceDanceRevolution Classroom Edition, CANDY☆'s title was changed to CANDY "STAR".
- CANDY☆ received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION. This video is exclusive for Disney Channel EDITION, as such, has never been used in any other release of DanceDanceRevolution.
- CANDY☆ appears in the KONAMI arcade game THE★BishiBashi.
- Since June 1st, 2017 in DanceDanceRevolution A, CANDY☆(X-Special) no longer appears in the song selection screen if the player does not use an e-amusement pass.
- In DDR SELECTION, CANDY☆ uses its background animations from DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME instead of its DDRMAX animations, despite fellow DDRMAX song MAX 300 using its original DDRMAX animations.
Song Production Information
CANDY was originally made to have vocals laid over the song.
CANDY☆ is a pre-production version made to hand off to a vocalist.
CANDY☆'s arrangement differs from CANDY♥, having a lot of unrefined parts given that it's a pre-production version, but the song itself is brimming with a natural power.
CS Information Data
You have overcome many obstacles to unlock the song "CANDY" by Luv UNLIMITED. You should share this major achievement with your friends! After all, everybody loves candy!
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecharts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from KANI KANI CRAB.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania THE FINAL||4||5||8||4||7||8|
|beatmania III THE FINAL||4||5||8||4||5||8|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||89 / 0||170 / 0||236 / 16||327 / 29||351 / 53 / 0||198 / 0||207 / 27||325 / 10||355 / 51 / 0|
|DDRMAX2 location test||-||3||5||8||-||3||4||7||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||2||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|Dancing Stage Fusion||2||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DDRMAX CS JP||-||N/A||N/A||N/A||-||N/A||N/A||N/A||-|
|DDRMAX CS NA||-||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|Dancing Stage Fusion CS (PS2)||2||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3||N/A||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage UNIVERSE DLC||N/A||4||5||8||N/A||4||6||9||N/A|
|DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION||※1||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS JP||2||4||5||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3 DLC||N/A||4||5||8||9||4||6||9||9|
※ This chart is different from the arcade chart (total notes: 69).
Other charts not shown on the above table:
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3 Double BEGINNER chart: Total notes: 87 / 0.
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||337 / 43 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||341 / 40 / 0|