DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000
|DanceDanceRevolution arcade releases|
|1st (Asia/North America) - 2nd (CLUB VER.1 / CLUB VER.2)|
3rd (VER.KOREA / Ver.KOREA2 / PLUS)
4th (PLUS) - 5th - MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME
SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X - X2 - X3 VS 2ndMIX
2013 - 2014 - A - A20 (PLUS) - A3
|Solo BASS - Solo 2000|
Karaoke - Karaoke 2nd - KIDS - USA
TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE
|Dancing Stage European exclusive releases|
|1st / 1.5 - EuroMIX - EuroMIX2 - Fusion|
DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000
- Release Date: December 16th, 1999.
- Slogan: 超強力パワーアップ！ これが２０００年のダンスフロアだっ！！ (choukyouryoku POWER UP! kore ga 2000-nen no DANCE FLOOR da!!)
General Information / Changes
- Second of two games in the DanceDanceRevolution Solo spin-off series, the other being DanceDanceRevolution Solo BASS MIX.
- As the name applies, Solo is a 1-player DanceDanceRevolution game. Double mode is not playable.
- New color scheme for arrows: 4th notes are yellow, 8th notes are blue, and all other notes are purple.
- The SOLO (later known as RAINBOW) color scheme would become available as an option in the main series with DDRMAX.
- First arcade DanceDanceRevolution game to have an in-game options menu.
- Along with its prequel, Solo 2000 is the only DanceDanceRevolution arcade game to feature a female announcer.
- Contains three modes of play:
- 6-panel, returning from Solo BASS MIX.
- 4-panel, the usual setup in DanceDanceRevolution.
- 3-panel mode, new to SOLO 2000, uses only down, up-left, and up-right arrows. (Pressing left activates the up-left receptor and pressing right activates the up-right receptor in this mode.)
- One of the only two DanceDanceRevolution games, along with Solo BASS MIX, to feature NONSTOP MEGAMIX! mode (more detail below).
- Unlike in Solo BASS MIX, NONSTOP MEGAMIX! is now selectable from the regular music select screen.
- A chip system is used. Each normal song costs one chip, and each NONSTOP song costs two chips. If a song is failed, the game doesn't end, but you lose one of the remaining chips. The game ends when the player has zero chips.
- Songs from Solo BASS received brand new charts for 3 panels and 4 panels play.
- CELEBRATE NITE and SEXY PLANET received brand new Single (4 panels) TRICK and MANIAC charts since their last arcade appearance in Dancing Stage featuring TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON.
- In the Asian release of DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000, THAT'S THE WAY '98, TOGETHER & FOREVER, TOGETHER & FOREVER, GET OFF and NONSTOP B are not included.
- NONSTOP I takes the place of NONSTOP B.
- New songs: 23
- Total songs: 45 (Japan), 40 (Asia)
Full Song List
Instead of courses, DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000 features a megamix of songs combined into one, long song. Unlike in BASS MIX, these are playable alongside the regular songs. Each song counts as two stages. The original six courses from Solo BASS MIX return, along with three new courses made up entirely of KONAMI originals:
|3 Panels||4 Panels||6 Panels|
(DYNAMITE RAVE / CELEBRATE NITE / CAN'T STOP FALLIN' IN LOVE)
(think ya better D / TRIP MACHINE～luv mix～ / LOVE THIS FEELIN')
(AFRONOVA / WILD RUSH / DROP OUT)
KUNG FU FIGHTING (MIAMI BOOTY MIX)'s misspelling as KUNG FU FIGHTING (MIAMI BOOTSY MIX) has been fixed.
Like in Solo BASS MIX, BRILLIANT 2U and SP-TRIP MACHINE (JUNGLE MIX) only appear in the megamix, along with DYNAMITE RAVE and AFRONOVA in Solo 2000. They are not playable in-game.
Club Tropicana is spelled in capital letters in the megamix, but not on the banner.
※NONSTOP B in Asian release.
- Dance level (doesn't work in 3-panels mode)
- Increase difficulty: During the song selection, press ↓ ↓ ↓ on the foot panels.
- Decrease difficulty: During the song selection, press ↑ ↑ ↑ on the foot panels.
- Options menu: During song selection, press ← → ← → on the foot panels. Modifiers included:
- SPEED: FAST (×2), SPECIAL (BOOST in DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-), SLOW (×0.5);
- ARROW: HIDDEN, SUDDEN, STEALTH;
- 3-panels mode: L-SHIFT, R-SHIFT, SHUFFLE;
- 4-panels mode: LEFT, MIRROR, RIGHT, SHUFFLE;
- 6-panels mode: L-SHIFT, R-SHIFT, LR-FLIP, UD-FLIP, SHUFFLE;
- OTHER: LITTLE, FLAT.
- REVERSE: Press START button during play. Press START button again to cancel modifier.
- DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000 official site (archived)