- 1 AFRONOVA
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Difficulty & Notecounts
Several vocal samples, including "Feel the vibe", "Can you feel it?", and tribal samples can be heard.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A portion of AFRONOVA is included in NONSTOP I, from DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000.
- An 8-bit arrangement of AFRONOVA appears in DanceDanceRevolution GB2.
- AFRONOVA is one of the songs featured in DDR MEGAMIX, from pop'n music 10.
- A remix of AFRONOVA, titled AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL, can be found in Dance Maniax.
- Another remix of AFRONOVA by B4 ZA BEAT, titled AFRONOVA (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX), appears on the DanceDanceRevolution 3rd MIX ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK and later in DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX- as a CHALLENGE Mode-only playable edit of AFRONOVA. This remix was made normally playable in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- AFRONOVA shares tribal chanting samples with CRIES IN THE WILDERNESS and Debtty Daddy.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- AFRONOVA marks Naoki Maeda's first use of his RE-VENGE (later RevenG) alias.
- AFRONOVA's EXPERT charts have a step pattern that was later known by the fans as "AFRONOVA walk", which is a long crossover section where the fourth note of the pattern starts another crossover, but is still an 8th note, instead of a 4th note.
- Despite that it became popular with AFRONOVA, SP-TRIP MACHINE～JUNGLE MIX～'s EXPERT charts used a shorter version of this pattern first.
- AFRONOVA's original background featured a modified photo of Reese Witherspoon. This background was changed in DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX PLUS.
- AFRONOVA's jacket is based on the new background as well.
- AFRONOVA received a BEGINNER chart in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- AFRONOVA's EXPERT charts were slightly modified in DanceDanceRevolution X, fixing their quantization issues.
- AFRONOVA(X-Special) is one of the X-Special ENCORE EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from May 7th, 2009.
- To play AFRONOVA(X-Special) in DanceDanceRevolution X, you must get at least a AA on PARANOiA Rebirth(X-Special) as the EXTRA STAGE.
- As of October 1st, 2009, AFRONOVA(X-Special) was unlocked for normal play.
- In DanceDanceRevolution GB2, AFRONOVA runs at 202 BPM.
Song Production Information
This song was created with Africa as its concept.
The sound is created so that if you listen, you can see the eminent image of a vast landscape of the savanna.
Consequently, I think this song is filled with originality.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "AFRONOVA" by RE-VENGE. Debuting on Dance Dance Revolution, "AFRONOVA" was the first tribal song to appear in the game and has remained a fan favorite throughout the series. Now you can experience the song that started the tribal inspiration. Check out a different remix of "AFRONOVA" in Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||108 / 0||214 / 0||244 / 0||370 / 0||- / - / -||233 / 0||245 / 0||357 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX→4thMIX PLUS||-||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX||-||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|DDRMAX2 location test||-||↑6||7||9||-||6||7||↑10||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||3||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution CS US||1||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX CS||-||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX CS||-||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||2||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS US||-||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS JP||2||5||7||9||-||6||7||9||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||394 / 30 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||402 / 11 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX Solo→4thMIX PLUS Solo||5||6||9|