Composition/Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
Genre: TRIBAL (トライバル)
pop'n music Character: AFRO [10-2P]
pop'n music Background: LA LA LA (pop'n music 3)
Movie: ちょび。 (beatmania)
First Music Game Appearance: Dance Maniax
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania 7thMIX -keepin' evolution-
- beatmania III APPEND 7thMIX
- DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX
- DanceEvolution ARCADE
- DanceMasters / DanceEvolution
- pop'n music 9 (ee'MALL)
Song Connections / Remixes
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL is a remix of AFRONOVA, from DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL is one of the songs featured in DDR MEGAMIX, from pop'n music 10.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- With 559 notes, AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL's Single WILD chart has the highest notecount of any song in the Dance Maniax series.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL received a different banner in DanceDanceRevolution EXTRA MIX. This banner was also used in DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX and Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON.
- In DanceDanceRevolution EXTRA MIX, AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL reuses FACE's background animations.
- In DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX and Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON, it reuses CAPTAIN JACK (GRANDALE REMIX)'s background animations instead.
- Alternate Single BASIC and TRICK charts for AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL, labeled as "KCET", can be found in DanceDanceRevolution EXTRA MIX's DATA BANK.
- The characters from AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL's DanceDanceRevolution background also appear in the song's animations in beatmania 7thMIX -keepin' evolution-.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL's HARD chart was made by DJ HIBI.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL received a Single BEGINNER chart in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- In Dancing Stage EuroMIX2 and the DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX series, AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL's artist is credited to 8 bit.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2. This video was carried to the arcade DanceDanceRevolution titles in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA. This video is played full-screen and eliminates any on-screen dancers.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR 5thMIX Pack 3.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL could be unlocked to pop'n music 9 and 10 from August 19th, 2003 to August 21st, 2003 via ee'MALL.
- It was later added to pop'n music 9 and 10 on August 26th, 2003 via ee'MALL.
- Before pop'n music 14 FEVER!, AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL's character was UNBABO [CS1-2P] and the songwheel genre was AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL.
- AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL's songwheel title was misspelled as AFRONOVA PRIMAL in pop'n music Sunny Park. This was corrected on March 12th, 2013.
A hot tribal techno inspired by the souls of a race! You might just naturally want to dance!?
Song Production Information
Debuting on DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX, "AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL" is a more upbeat remix of the original tribal song.
The "AFRONOVA" series will always be recognized as the first tribal song to appear in the game and continues to remain a fan favorite.
AFRONOVA comes from a fusion of regional African folk instruments, primitive beats, and modern musical technology.
AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL is a harder, more stoic remix of the original.
Out of all the popular songs in DDR, there was an especially high demand to bring over AFRONOVA, which finally makes its debut.
This high-speed tribal track is like a madly dancing primitive cyberethnic tribe.
Video Production Information
OO is a popular character from DDR.
Even though it was my first time encountering him, I had him appear a lot as the main character.
Playing off of the song's title, I added silhouettes of someone's afro coming off.
Check out the silhouette right after it happens!
(Shoutouts to everyone on the DDR team!)
Chart Production Information
DJ HIBI @ TOP RANKERS
I was familiar with the song, since it was a DDR crossover, so I took the liberty of getting to play around with the chart.
I ended up submitting more requests relating to the movie than the chart or anything else.
"The bald guy! Put the bald guy in!"
I expect a hundred people across the country to want to raise their arms and not hit any of the keys.
Not only is the song a crossover from DDR, they also brought over that one character.
I mean, I did ask CHOBI. to have him show up.
Look forward to seeing him pop up at all of the important points.
What a funny movie.
Oh yeah, the miss animations are casual and interesting.
The better you are at the game, the less of a chance you'll be seeing them, but do check them out sometime.
CHOCOTTOBAREBARECHOCOBANANA- （；＾＾） (← That's how I hear it anyway!)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
Dance Maniax difficulty rated from 1 to 8 in the first game, and up to 9 in 2ndMIX onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from KANI KANI CRAB and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania 7thMIX→THE FINAL||3||5||8||2||7||9|
|beatmania III APPEND 7thMIX→THE FINAL||3||5||8||3||5||8|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||158 / 0||272 / 0||322 / 0||423 / 0||- / - / -||287 / 0||332 / 0||437 / 0||- / - / -|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||2||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution A20 PLUS→Present||4||↑7||↑9||12||-||7||9||13||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTRA MIX||-||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed DLC||⁑N/A||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2 DLC||⁂N/A||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2 / Dancing Stage Max||2||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3 DLC||⁂N/A||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4 DLC||⁂N/A||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution X CS JP||4||6||8||12||-||7||9||13||-|
⁑ Denotes chart is unused and cannot be accessed through normal gameplay.
⁂ Denotes that no proper chart data actually exists.
These charts are identical to the Single charts.
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTRA MIX||3||5||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||3||5||8|
|DanceMasters / DanceEvolution||4|
|Dance Maniax→2ndMIX append JPARADISE||6||8||7||8|
|pop'n music 9→13 カーニバル (via ee'MALL)||9||19||29||36||17||19|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER!→15 ADVENTURE||9||19||29||36||17||19|
|pop'n music 16 PARTY♪→20 fantasia||9||19||29||↓35||17||19|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||-||25||35||41||17||19|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER! CS||9||19||29||35||17||19|