DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX PLUS
|DanceDanceRevolution arcade releases|
|1st (Asia/North America) - 2nd (CLUB VER.1 / CLUB VER.2)|
3rd (VER.KOREA / Ver.KOREA2 / PLUS)
4th (PLUS) - 5th - MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME
SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X - X2 - X3 VS 2ndMIX
2013 - 2014 - A - A20 (PLUS) - A3
|Solo BASS - Solo 2000|
Karaoke - Karaoke 2nd - KIDS - USA
TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE
|Dancing Stage European exclusive releases|
|1st / 1.5 - EuroMIX - EuroMIX2 - Fusion|
DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX PLUS
- Release Date: June 21st, 2000.
General Information / Changes
- Songs from 2ndMIX MODE no longer have COUPLE charts. Instead, they were replaced with UNISON charts.
- First PLUS release in the DanceDanceRevolution series, which adds 17 songs: three new Dancemania licenses, all seven Korean licenses from VER.KOREA, and all seven CS songs from 2ndReMIX and 3rdMIX CS (the latter of which was released on the same day as 3rdMIX PLUS).
- All of the VER.KOREA licenses are written in Latin Script instead of Korean, and have a generic "Korean Dance music" label.
- The announcer doesn't include PLUS when saying the game's title during the opening credits.
- First DanceDanceRevolution to have all three difficulties available on the same song selection screen.
- Due to this, the game mode STEP STEP REVOLUTION, introduced in the original DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX was removed completely from 3rdMIX, and its charts were added as the MANIAC charts.
- Three game modes available: 3rdMIX PLUS (default), 3rdMIX, and 2ndMIX. To access any of the modes, simply press 1P or 2P song selection buttons thrice or twice on the title screen.
- Play modes for all three game modes are SOFT, NORMAL, and NONSTOP.
- SOFT functions like it did in the original 3rdMIX but now supports 2ndMIX songs.
- NORMAL is essentially a renamed MEDIUM mode from the original 3rdMIX.
- NONSTOP functions like it did in the original 3rdMIX but now allows up to three different difficulties to be used. The difficulty can be switched using the same step codes as in NORMAL mode.
- The four AMD remixes that were hidden in 3rdMIX are available in 3rdMIX PLUS by default.
- If playing on 3rdMIX, the songs are hidden just like in the original game.
- The three new CS songs from 2ndReMIX (think ya better D, LOVE THIS FEELIN', and TRIP MACHINE～luv mix～) can be played in either 2ndMIX or 3rdMIX PLUS mode.
- The three songs now have Double MANIAC charts, but these can only be played in 3rdMIX PLUS mode. These charts are not available in 2ndMIX mode.
- Final DanceDanceRevolution game until the 2ndMIX MODE in DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX to feature names for difficulty levels.
- On-screen lyrics only appear in 3rdMIX MODE.
- Last DanceDanceRevolution game wherein a player on SINGLE can be switched at any stage to VERSUS or DOUBLE until DanceDanceRevolution A3, where Single and Double can now be switched on the same credit during song selection, but not Versus play.
- Last DanceDanceRevolution game to have doors for gameplay transitions upon choosing a song until DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- Total songs: 88
- Producer: Yoshihiko Ota
- Sound director: Naoki Maeda
Full Song List
3rdMIX PLUS Songs
Songs are listed by order on the songwheel.
Songs with a ※ are only available when playing with one credit and when the player selects either VERSUS, UNISON, or DOUBLE.
These NONSTOP courses are included in every mode.
Like with 3rdMIX, CAPRICE and ROULETTE courses are not listed, due to their choosing songs at random. Another course can be created when loading a MEMORY CARD to the cabinet, the order of the songs are selected by the memory card.
|RANKING 1: FAVORITE SONGS|
|2.||SO MANY MEN||BASIC|
|4.||DAM DARIRAM ※||BASIC|
|RANKING 2: KONAMI ORIGINALS|
|2.||KEEP ON MOVIN'||ANOTHER|
|3.||La Señorita ※||ANOTHER|
|4.||PARANOiA Rebirth ※||ANOTHER|
|RANKING 3: SPECIAL|
|2.||BOOM BOOM DOLLAR (K.O.G G3 MIX) ※||ANOTHER|
Three new sets of NONSTOP courses were added:
|1.||AFTER THE GAME OF LOVE||BASIC|
|3.||LOVE THIS FEELIN'||BASIC|
|4.||DROP THE BOMB||BASIC|
|2.||TELL ME TELL ME||ANOTHER|
|1.||LET'S GET DOWN||BASIC|
|2.||BOOM BOOM DOLLAR||BASIC|
The eight NONSTOP courses introduced in the original 3rdMIX mode were kept. They can be seen here.
In 3rdMIX PLUS, NONSTOP courses were added to 2ndMIX.
|3.||LET'S GET DOWN||BASIC|
|2.||BOOM BOOM DOLLAR||ANOTHER|
|4.||I believe in miracles||ANOTHER|
|MITSU-O! & NAOKI|
|1.||MAKE IT BETTER||BASIC|
|3.||MAKE IT BETTER (So-REAL MIX)||ANOTHER|
|4.||BRILLIANT 2U (Orchestra-Groove)||ANOTHER|
Codes & Unlock Information
- For the codes, the Left and Right buttons refer to either P1 or P2 yellow selection buttons found on the cabinet. The Start button is the green button, also on the cabinet.
- Game modes
- 3rdMIX PLUS: after payment and before pressing the Start button, press Left Right Left and then Start.
- 3rdMIX: after payment and before pressing the Start button, press Right Right Right and then Start.
- 2ndMIX: after payment and before pressing the Start button, press Left Left and then Start.
For all other codes, please see this section on the 3rdMIX page.
The following song from previous DanceDanceRevolution titles has been removed:
|STRICTLY BUSINESS||MANTRONIK VS EPMD||DanceDanceRevolution|