END OF THE CENTURY
- 1 END OF THE CENTURY
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Music Comment
- 1.6 Song Production Information
- 1.7 CS Information Data
- 1.8 Video Production Information
- 1.9 Character Information
- 1.10 Difficulty & Notecounts
END OF THE CENTURY
Composition: Ludwig Van Beethoven
Arrangement: Naoki Maeda
Lyrics: Terry & Argie
Genre: DANCE SPEED (ダンススピード)
pop'n music Character: HAMANOV [CS1-5P]
pop'n music Background: Requiem (pop'n music 9)
VJ: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
End of the century Misery, can it be Chaos, who's the boss Suffer a great loss Man woman child No longer exist Only the good ones will be missed Life, love, cherish it all Who will be left to conquer it all The end is coming Don't start running There's nowhere to run Don't grab a gun All over the land, hear this roar No one know what's in store Look for the star, he's on his way No one knows what's in store Love your self and all around In a blink of an eye You won't hear a sound Your heart is pounding at rapid speed Man will always feel the need for greed Let's go for it Now you can't miss Al-Though-This-Was-The-Be-Ginning Beware because the end is here The sky is falling Eyes are bawling You had your chance To make your stance Love is a must Life don't lust Not time to fuss People start to cuss Cry out, who's going to care Have no doubt, have no fear Believe in me I'll show you the way Some people think the year 2G Is so scary, let's wait and see The world will shut down, most won't admit People go crazy, people catch fits Fire breaks out One way to stop Play hip hop non stop stop Remember these words And what I said You just might wake up brain dead The feeling (feeling) Is amazing (is amazing) Oh boy, I want you (come on and get me) Some just say the world is changing Many people will agree Many changes we are seeing I just say... It's the end... It's the end... It's the end of the century
Song Connections / Remixes
- END OF THE CENTURY is a dance remix of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125, 4th Movement. This is referenced by the "NO.9" alias.
- Other arrangements of Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 have appeared in BEMANI:
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- END OF THE CENTURY and DYNAMITE RAVE mark Argie Phine's first appearance in BEMANI.
- END OF THE CENTURY's lyrics are about Y2K, a failed prediction that the apocalypse would happen at the start of the year 2000.
- The Dancemania site for the DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK misspells "Terry & Argie" as "Terry & Arugy".
- In DanceDanceRevolution (PC) END OF THE CENTURY's charts start one measure later than should be.
- END OF THE CENTURY received a Single BEGINNER chart in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- END OF THE CENTURY received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- END OF THE CENTURY is the first song based on a classical music piece that uses HAMANOV as the rival character and is not arranged by Junichiro Kaneda.
- END OF THE CENTURY was added to pop'n music 10 on December 17th, 2003 via ee'MALL 2nd avenue.
- Before pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE, END OF THE CENTURY's songwheel genre was END OF THE CENTURY.
- END OF THE CENTURY has never been on a CS pop'n music release.
- The design of the creature in END OF THE CENTURY's overlays has been used for unmasked STN in YAKSHA from beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle.
- Despite appearing in the Asian releases of DanceDanceRevolution X, END OF THE CENTURY was removed from the American/European versions of the game.
The original song was made by Beethoven, the exciting beat is the best!
Song Production Information
Actually, about a year and a half ago, there were several places that weren't very fond of eurobeat music. That is, until BRILLIANT 2U appeared...
Despite the euro tone of this work, it has a very thick essence of club music, and it gives off a flashy yet passive, techno-like impression.
Due to the collaboration with the dance compilation, the IIDX series has a broad range of euro sounds. Its influence is very big, don't you think?
Today, my good brother NAOKI would like to give a comment.
As a fan of the IIDX series, this is a dream come true.
This time, with respect to dj TAKA, I have arranged for three of my songs to appear in IIDX 3rd style and to top it off, a NAOKI-themed course is also being prepared.
A hidden song with a "fin de siècle" vibe, END OF THE CENTURY is now publicly available. I would like for everyone to play it and let the adrenaline of this track burst through them!
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "END OF THE CENTURY" by NO.9. Debuting on Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX, "END OF THE CENTURY" is a speed rave remake of Ludwig Van Beethoven's final symphony "Symphony No.9 in D Minor" which was originally written and completed by the famous German composer in 1824.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 from 3rd through 4th style, 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||5||6||N/A||-||5||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||5||6||N/A||-||↑6||↑7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||6||N/A||-||6||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→16 EMPRESS||-||5||6||7||-||6||↑8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||5||6||6||-||5||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||-||5||6||6||-||6||7||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||111 / 0||231 / 0||307 / 0||349 / 0||- / - / -||231 / 0||245 / 0||390 / 0||- / - / -|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX (Internet Ranking)→EuroMIX||-||4||7||8||-||5||6||9||-|
|DDRMAX2 location test||-||↑5||↓6||↑9||-||5||6||9||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||3||4||7||8||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution X (Asia)||4||6||10||13||-||7||8||12||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX CS||-||4||7||8||-||5||6||9||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX CS||-||4||7||8||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||4||7||8||-||5||6||9||-|
|DDRMAX2 US CS||1||4||7||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution Party Collection||1||4||7||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||N/A||4||7||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX Solo→4thMIX PLUS Solo||4||6||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||4||6||8|
|pop'n music 10→13 カーニバル (via ee'MALL)||12||17||27||34||13||14|
|pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE→16 PARTY♪||12||17||27||34||13||14|