|DanceDanceRevolution Japanese console releases|
|1st - 2nd (CLUB vol.1 / CLUB vol.2) - 3rd - BEST HITS|
4th - EXTRA MIX - 5th
TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE
Oha Suta - Disney's RAVE - Tokimeki
|Sony PlayStation 2|
|MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME - Party Collection - FESTIVAL|
STR!KE - SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X
Aerobics Revolution - Diet Channel
|2nd - CLUB VER.|
|HOTTEST PARTY - FuruFuruParty - MUSIC FIT|
|i-αppli - S - S+ - Pocket Edition - ULTIMATE MOBILE|
|Disney Dancing Museum - MARIO|
GB - GB2 - GB3 - GB Oha Suta - GB Disney
FamiMat - My First
- 1 DanceDanceRevolution 2ndReMIX
- 1.1 Release Information
- 1.2 General Information / Changes
- 1.3 Staff Information
- 1.4 Songlist
- 1.5 Codes & Unlock Information
- 2 Related Link
- Release date: August 26th, 1999
- Also released on the Sega Dreamcast, as DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX Dreamcast Edition.
- Retail value: 5,800 yen
General Information / Changes
- Contains all of DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX's new songs, plus the later LINK VERSION songs.
- Backwards compatible with DanceDanceRevolution CS (Japan), allowing one to instantly unlock the songs from that game by having data from both games.
- You can also play all the songs from DanceDanceRevolution CS (Japan) on the 2ndReMIX interface using the DISC CHANGE feature. The player can also unlock EVENT MODE by DISC CHANGING to the aforementioned title, and also, can disc change back and forth between the 1st and 2nd Mixes.
- STEP BATTLE songs are now playable outside of that mode. Only LET THEM MOVE is available by default, though.
- The color-coded FLAT arrow has been fixed.
- EDIT Mode is now available by default; you do not need to unlock it. This has been consistent in almost all CS DanceDanceRevolution titles since.
- Total number of songs: 38
Full credits list: DanceDanceRevolution 2ndReMIX PS Credits
- Director: Hirotaka Ishikawa
- Programmer: Akinori Tamura, Yasumi Takase, Nishibori Taquashi, K. Nagaoka
- Designer: Yoshiko Wada, Yumi Yoshida
- Sound Designer and Composer: U1-ASAMi
- Producer: Masaki Yoneoka
- Grand Producer: Makoto Yano
- BAD GIRLS / Juliet Roberts
- BOOM BOOM DOLLAR / King Kong & D.Jungle Girls
- BOYS / SMiLE.dk
- DUB-I-DUB / ME & MY
- EL RITMO TROPICAL / DIXIES GANG
- GET UP'N MOVE / S&K
- HERO / PAPAYA
- I believe in miracles / HI-RISE
- IF YOU WERE HERE / JENNIFER
- LOVE / SONIC DREAM
- SMOKE / MR.ED JUMPS THE GUN
- stomp to my beat / JS16
- TUBTHUMPING / CHUMBAWAMBA
DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX Previews
These are only playable on BONUS MODE, and only their BASIC charts are playable.
- 20,NOVEMBER (D.D.R. VERSION) / N.M.R feat. DJ nagureo - hidden
- AM-3P / KTz
- BRILLIANT 2U / NAOKI
- BRILLIANT 2U (Orchestra-Groove) / NAOKI
- LET THEM MOVE / N.M.R
- KEEP ON MOVIN' / N.M.R - hidden
- MAKE IT BETTER (So-REAL Mix) / mitsu-O!SUMMER
- PARANOiA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~ / 190
- PARANOiA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~ (in roulette) / 190
- PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME / UZI-LAY
- PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME (Jazzy Groove) / UZI-LAY
- SP-TRIP MACHINE～JUNGLE MIX～ / DE-SIRE
- MAKE A JAM! / U1
- MAKE IT BETTER / mitsu-O!
- PARANOiA / 180
- PARANOiA KCET ～clean mix～ / 2MB
- TRIP MACHINE / DE-SIRE
These need to be unlocked.
Codes & Unlock Information
For codes involving the Mode selection (on either Arcade or Arranged) screen, press Up/Select to enter the Secret Mode Select screen. Here are the following modes you can unlock:
- Another Mode: Press down twice on the MODE SELECTION screen.
- Paint Mode: In the Options menu, change the GAME LEVEL to 7, MAX STAGE EASY to 5, NORMAL to 3, HARD to 1, TIME LIMIT to ON, GAME OVER to 2ndReMIX, and CHARACTER to MODEL2. Then press right, left, right, left, down, down, up, up at the title screen.
- Press SELECT at the title screen to toggle between EDIT and PAINT modes.
- Hidden Mode: Up and down alternatively 4 times at the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Left Mode: Left 8 times at the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Little Mode: Left, down, right, down, left, down, right, down, and up at the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Maniac Mode: Enable ANOTHER MODE and then press down twice at the game mode selection screen.
- Mirror Mode - press select, left, right, left, right, left, right, left, and right at the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Right Mode - press right 8 times at the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Shuffle Mode - press up, down, left, right, down, up, right, and left at the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Super Mode: Press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, and right at the title screen.
Unlike the previous CS DanceDanceRevolution title, there is more than one way to unlock songs in DanceDanceRevolution 2ndReMIX. You can gain while playing songs "experience", the amount you get determined by the difficult you play. Here are the amount of points you get by difficulty and level:
- BASIC SINGLE / EDIT:
- 1 - 100
- 2 - 70
- 3 - 50
- 4 - 20
- 5 - 15
- 6 - 10
- 7 - 7
- 8 - 3
- ANOTHER SINGLE / BASIC DOUBLE:
- 1 - 20
- 2 - 10
- 3 - 5
- 4 - 0
- 5 - -5
- 6 - -10
- 7 - -20
- 8 - -40
- MANIAC SINGLE / ANOTHER DOUBLE:
- 1 - -20
- 2 - -40
- 3 - -60
- 4 - -80
- 5 - -100
- 6 - -120
- 7 - -170
- 8 - -200
In the case of a 2-player game, the one whose experience value is greater will be the one counted.
In EASY mode, positive points are multiplied by 1.2; negative points are multiplied by 0.8.
In ALL MUSIC mode, positive points are multiplied by 0.9; negative points are multiplied by 0.6.
You get no experience points for playing in EVENT MODE.
Two songs are unlocked by collecting less/more than the following amount of points:
- TRIP MACHINE ~luv mix~ - -10,000 or over 5,000.
- LOVE THIS FEELIN' - -15,000 or over 3,000.
For those who do not wish to collect points, you can unlock the above two songs and three others the following way:
- 20,NOVEMBER (D.D.R. VERSION) - play NORMAL mode once. You do not have to clear it to unlock it.
- KEEP ON MOVIN' - clear HARD mode 5 times.
- LOVE THIS FEELIN' - clear 200 songs, or clear 150 Konami original songs.
- think ya better D - clear 50 songs, or clear 30 songs with a total difficulty level of 150 or less.
- TRIP MACHINE ~luv mix~ - clear 100 songs, or clear all the charts of TRIP MACHINE or SP-TRIP MACHINE ~JUNGLE MIX~, or clear TRIP MACHINE or SP-TRIP MACHINE ~JUNGLE MIX~ 30 times.
- To unlock EXTRA TRACK, you must get an SS rating on LOVE IS THE POWER, the special ending song for 2ndReMIX at the end of ARCADE.
- To unlock NONSTOP mode, beat 50 games on NORMAL mode or 200 on HARD.
- To unlock EVENT MODE, beat 15 games on ALL MUSIC mode or use DISC CHANGE to change to DanceDanceRevolution CS (Japan) and switch back to 2ndReMIX. The unlock method will not work if the player DISC CHANGED to either of the APPEND DISCs.
- To unlock Random Select in ALL MUSIC and EVENT modes, play Random Select on the final stage on NORMAL/HARD 20 times.
- To unlock STEP BATTLE in ALL MUSIC and EVENT modes, play STEP BATTLE 10 times in VERSUS mode on NORMAL/HARD. It should unlock in ALL MUSIC and EVENT afterwards.
- To unlock all songs, highlight HARD mode in ARCADE MODE and press right 4 times.
- To unlock ENDLESS mode, have all songs, NONSTOP mode, and EVENT modes unlocked.
- To unlock ALL of the above unlocks, plug a controller and wait for the PlayStation message to disappear. Then, press both SELECT and START buttons simultaneously and repeatedly until you hear the INSERT COIN sound instead of seeing the warning screen. All the data in the game, including songs, NONSTOP mode and order, extra modes & information, will be unlocked.
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.