- 1 Saturn
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 Video Production Information
- 1.7 Difficulty & Notecounts
BPM: 78-155 (DanceDanceRevolution), 155 (beatmania IIDX)
Genre: PROGRESSIVE TRIBAL
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- The arcade version of DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 has a different version of Saturn instead of the one present on the CS counterpart of the game, the original soundtrack, and later games. Some time after the PlayStation 2 version of SuperNOVA2 came out, the audio for Saturn in its arcade counterpart got updated to this version.
- Saturn is part of DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2's "GRAND CROSS" series of planet-themed songs.
- Saturn was unlocked in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 for normal play on 1/17/2008.
- Saturn is Jun Wakita's first original song on the DanceDanceRevolution series of games.
- Saturn is also the only one of Jun Wakita's DanceDanceRevolution original songs that has been crossed over to another BEMANI game.
- Saturn is one of the hidden songs of beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS. It can be unlocked by playing three rounds of STANDARD, EXPERT, or Dan inintei MODEs.
- Saturn appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA 2 Pack 3.
- Saturn is the first HEROIC GAUGE unlockable song of the OUR SPACE WAR (ぼくらの宇宙戦争) event of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- In beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA, it could be unlocked with Tran Medals.
- As of July 24th, 2014, it could be unlocked in beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA and 22 PENDUAL through the 発見！よみがえったBEMANI遺跡 event.
- As of July 1st, 2015, it could be purchased in beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL with Youkou no hologram (陽光のホログラム).
- As of beatmania IIDX 23 copula, it is available by default.
- When it was first unlocked in beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro, Saturn's genre was mispelled as PROGRESSIVE TRIVAL. This was fixed on the April 2nd, 2013 update.
- Saturn was one of 30 possible picks for songs for REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper's 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- Saturn is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.4.
Song Production Information
Mr. Saturn, world champion fighter and savior of the world, here.
But you can call me Mr. Saturn, I don't mind. I could go on and on about this, but suffice to say I was told that this latest DDR is a planetary festival, and that I've become Saturn.
That's why I wrote a Saturn-like track. A Saturn-like track?
Yeah, I really don't get it either. Saturn (or Saturnus in Latin) was the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Cronus, father of Zeus and god of the harvest.
Saturn loved eating so much that he devoured his own children.
So, I included a heavy mood and what sounds like a tribal war cry, and then wrapped it all up in some spacey goodness.
Is that Saturn-like?
I really don't know.
Since this was my first experience with DDR, that was enough to get my adrenaline flowing. What's more, I thought it was great how I didn't have to think in terms of sounds becoming buttons like a game, but when I actually got started writing the track and ended up blindly cramming in sounds that seemed like they could become buttons, I think it became an obsession or a kind of sickness.
This song projects an atmosphere of eeriness, giving us a sense of both grandeur and fear. Even though it's rhythm is Techno, composing it with a classical-inspired melody reflects this effect more than anything.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||-||7||10||11||-||6||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||7||10||11||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro→Present||-||7||10||11||-||6||↑10||11||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||88 / 0||179 / 8||267 / 16||337 / 27||- / - / -||148 / 10||233 / 16||299 / 54||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS JP||1||3||5||8||-||3||5||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution X CS US||3||7||9||13||-||5||9||13||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2's "GRAND CROSS" planet songs|
|Main Songs|| L'amour et la liberté (Darwin & DJ Silver remix) - Venus - STARS★★★ (Re-tuned by HΛL) -DDR EDITION- - MARS WAR 3|
木星～組曲『惑星』より - Saturn - Uranus - Poseidon - Pluto - Pluto Relinquish
|Related Songs||SUNKiSS♥DROP - MOONSTER|
|OUR SPACE WAR (ぼくらの宇宙戦争)|
|New Songs|| BRAVE GLOW - VEGA - カジノファイヤーことみちゃん - New Lights - Fractal|
即席! 脳直★ミュージックシステム - キャトられ♥恋はモ～モク
|CS Crossovers||Saturn - Cookie Bouquets|