Composition: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
Arrangement: U1-2MB[k] PROJECT
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- Pluto Relinquish is a remix of Pluto, also from DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2.
- Pluto Relinquish is one of the songs featured in the medley Xmix5 (Overcrush), from DanceDanceRevolution X.
- Pluto Relinquish is the final song in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2's "GRAND CROSS" planet-themed song series. It represents Pluto's classification demotion to a dwarf planet.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Pluto Relinquish was DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2's ENCORE EXTRA STAGE from December 20th, 2007 to January 30th, 2008.
- As of January 31st, 2008, it was moved down to EXTRA STAGE.
- As of April 3rd, 2008, it has been unlocked for normal play.
- Due to being an EXTRA STAGE song, it is one of two GRAND CROSS songs that are labeled in red/green, rather than purple, on DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2's songwheel.
- With only 47 notes, Pluto Relinquish's BEGINNER chart has the lowest stepcount of any boss song on BEGINNER.
- Its Single DIFFICULT chart was the only chart in that difficulty to be rated Level 10 on the old scale, making it the only song with three charts rated 10 on the old scale.
- Pluto Relinquish's Single EXPERT and CHALLENGE charts were slightly modified in DanceDanceRevolution X, fixing their minor quantization issues.
- However, the North American PlayStation 2 version of DanceDanceRevolution X still keeps the unfixed charts.
- Retroactively, Pluto Relinquish's Double EXPERT chart was the first Double EXPERT chart to be rated Level 18.
- Despite the displayed BPM of 100-800, Pluto Relinquish actually goes up to 806 BPM at the end.
- DanceDanceRevolution S+ correctly displays its BPM as 100-806.
- Pluto Relinquish marks the last use of Yuichi Asami's 2MB alias to date.
- However, he did use a slightly different alias, 2.1MB underground, in Tohoku EVOLVED.
- Pluto Relinquish's title alludes to the 2006 resolution which redefined the classification of the term "planet", causing Pluto to no longer be considered a true planet.
- The astronomical symbol for Pluto (♇) is used as the P in Pluto Relinquish's banner and jacket.
- Pluto Relinquish appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA 2 Pack 6.
- Pluto Relinquish's difficulty changes from DanceDanceRevolution A20 were applied to DanceDanceRevolution A in March 27th, 2019.
Song Production Information
Why do you need KONAMI original songs? It's as ever changing as the times...
The absolute darkness hangs perfectly still as I watch the expanding heavens.
And it will still be hanging there even after it has faded from human memory.
Outside the ring.
Standing on ground too distant to receive the Sun's
warming rays. In isolation, my reach extends
yet still cannot be touched by the myriad
of stars. Am I still your companion?
Pluto Relinquish comes from the mind of
remix royale, 2MB.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||47 / 0||342 / 36||397 / 10||546 / 13||557 / 17 / 0||325 / 23||398 / 19||531 / 3||562 / 12 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 (early version)||1||3||5||8||10||3||5||8||10|
|DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX→(2014)||5||12||↑14||17||18||12||15||18||18|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS JP||3||9||10||10||10||9||9||10||10|
|DanceDanceRevolution X CS NA||3||11||14||17||18||11||15||18||18|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2's "GRAND CROSS" planet songs|
|Main Songs||L'amour et la liberté (Darwin & DJ Silver remix) - Venus - STARS☆☆☆（Re-tuned by HΛL） - DDR EDITION -|
MARS WAR 3 - 木星～組曲『惑星』より - Saturn - Uranus - Poseidon - Pluto - Pluto Relinquish
|Remixes / Related Songs||SUNKiSS♥DROP - MOONSTER - Pluto The First - Poseidon(kors k mix)|