- Name: Kiyotaka Sugimoto (杉本清隆)
- Birth date: March 21st, 1974.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sugimotoman
- Twitter Live Info: https://twitter.com/sugimotomaninfo
- Orangenoise shortcut website: http://orangenoise-shortcut.com
- Blog: http://blog.orangenoise-shortcut.com
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/sugimotoman
Making his first appearance in the very first iteration of pop'n music, Kiyotaka Sugimoto is one of the oldest names in BEMANI. From 1998 to 2002, Sugimoto was very active in both pop'n music and the original beatmania series as a composer, vocalist, lyricist, and even as a sound director. He also occasionally appeared in other series such as beatmania IIDX and KEYBOARDMANIA. He is known to be friends with Reo Nagumo and the two have even worked together on a few songs.
Kiyotaka left KONAMI in 2001, with air being his last song as an in-house artist, and pop'n music 6 his last BEMANI title where he was a staff member. Following his departure, Kiyotaka started his solo live activities as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT in Tokyo. In 2005, Fujitaka Sugita joined the band until 2008, where ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT was disbanded. Kiyotaka continues his live performances as a solo artist, and also as a guest member to other bands like ROUND TABLE.
He continued to appear in BEMANI, mostly in pop'n music, for a decade after. He has since recently returned to write new songs for pop'n music peace.
- Kiyotaka's Original Cedar alias originates from his last name, from "Sugi" (杉, Japanese for "Cedar") and "moto" (もと, Japanese for "Original").
- Kiyotaka is the only arcade pop'n music sound director to have never done an anime song cover for pop'n music. However, several of his songs sound like anime themes, especially ビーマニ戦隊ポップンファイブ and ニンジャヒーロー⚡シノビアン.
- pop'n music character Sugi★kun is based on Kiyotaka.
- Kiyotaka provided percussion for the 2002 album Chobits Character Song Collection alongside famed Shibuya-kei duo ROUND TABLE, who were also involved in The post-girl in a hat.
- Kiyotaka has also contributed two songs to CAPCOM's music game series CROSS×BEATS - Landing on the moon and Techno Highway.
- DJ SIMON / DJ Simon / simon
- SUGI & REO (with Reo Nagumo)
- a.s.a (with vocalist Yuko Asai)
- ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT (with Sugita Fujitaka)
- Original Cedar Pipe Band
- 国道一号 / ROUTE No.1
- SIMON MAN / サイモンマン
- DOCTOR S
- Secret-S / Secret-5
- orangebruit raccourci
- POP QUIZ CIDER (2004, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- Romantic Sky High (2004, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- Landscape (2005, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- Bubblelights (2006, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- Hallelujah (2007, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- Number 5 (2004, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- orangenoise shortcut / The Aprils＜SPLIT CD＞ (2005, as ORANGENOISE SHORTCUT)
- Simple Sample 2013 総集編 (2014)
- グッバイ・レイディ (2016)
- 汽車を待つ列を離れ／Blowin'(the gloom away) (2017)
- Change the World (DEMO) (2018)
- She is Delicate〜彼女はデリケート (2018)
- Simple Sample 2013-2019 (2019)