This page is about the song IIDX. For information on a specific beatmania IIDX game, please refer to beatmania IIDX Information.
Artist: DJ SIMON
Composition: dj TAKA
Arrangement: DJ SIMON
Lyrics/Vocals: Terry Thompson
Movie: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- IIDX's video features several members of the beatmania IIDX staff, most noticeably Mr.T.
- This video was not retained when it was revived in beatmania IIDX 7th style CS.
- According to VJ GYO, beatmania IIDX 5th style programmer KANI fell during the production of IIDX's video, hurting his fingers. It took two months for them to fully heal.
- Curiously enough, IIDX and Second Style(Hip Hop Paradise) have never appeared in the same beatmania IIDX game together.
- IIDX's title references the game series where it debuted. It shares this trait with songs Keyboard Man (KEYBOARDMANIA), Dance Dance Revolution (DanceDanceRevolution), Like a pop'n music (pop'n music), and ビビットストリーム (BeatStream).
Song Production Information
This song is dedicated to the always-cool IIDX team, who always give us a lot of excitement.
Video Production Information
It's easy to forget, but SIMON oversees IIDX from behind the scenes, and provides songs which demonstrate his versatile musicality by combining various genres in his music!
This time, it's said that HIPHOP is the "Theme of the IIDX Team".
Without anyone telling me, it's a live-action staff movie (laughs).
Although various ideas were pitched about what type of movie it will be, but there was one staff member (the person seen in the above screenshot) who I asked to play the role of a detective! I proposed the idea, and the decision was quickly and easily made.
The story is about rookie detective who is full of passion and has a sweet afro, and a veteran police inspector who is training him. Although the rookie's mistake once caused the duo to miss an illegal transaction between a courier and power broker... it's being formed.
Actually on the day of shooting, GOLI became ill despite being cast as the rookie detective, and I had to serve as his understudy. (I used to make movies similar to this during my university days!)
During the scene where KANI was attacked by a courier and fell down, he hurted several fingers on both hands (It took two months to fully recover, less than a month before the 5th production was completed). I still vividly remember what happened...
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, and 1 to 8 in 10th style. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→7th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||3||4||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→10th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||3||4||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||3||4||4||-||3||4||4||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||3||4||4||-||3||4||4||-|
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.