Dance Dance Revolution (song)
This page is for the song titled Dance Dance Revolution that appears in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME. For the 1998 game, please see DanceDanceRevolution. For the nonstop megamix that appears in DanceDanceRevolution II, please see DanceDanceRevolution (nonstop megamix).
Dance Dance Revolution
Artist: DDR ALL STARS
Composition/Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
Lyrics/Vocals: DDR ALL STARS (Aaron G, Londell Hicks, Paula Terry, Thomas Howard Lichtenstein, Robbie Danzie, Ebony Fay)
Jacket design: RICE.C
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
It's the nonstop! Dance, dance, dance, dance. Here we go (can you feel it), let's rule the rhyme feel the groove, and the electro glide. Can you feel the beat this way? so come on and let your body sway Front back side-to-side the motion and material and air force glide When you can do it and feel the light so get here pump the bump Ee-Yah!! Move your body m-m-move you body! Oooh (Yeah-Come on!!) Come on move your body movin' groovin' yeah (Everybody) This time can we get on the floor!? (Everyone comin on to the sides) Dance-dance-dance!! Move your feet now come on! Wanna be the one to know we can get down! Yeah-yeah can ya hear the sound? (Can your body?) we're one place down so don't tire yet Feel that? We're the highest of all (Movin to the groovin) higher and higher till the break of dawn At dawn we may never come down that's when ya feel and ya hear it now. Near the ground rock anyway... let the party go on in the place today! Come on let's party (n-n-n-n-n-never stop the groovin') Don't don't stop the groove (Yeah, come-on) Ooh! Move your body gotta move Move your body (I know you can feel it) Move your body (all over my body I know) (Yeah come on, come on!) (Come on, come on, come on) Move you want to you want to move your body (let's dance all night to the...) Dance Dance Revolution
Song Connections / Remixes
- Dance Dance Revolution is a remixed medley of the title screen theme from the original DanceDanceRevolution to 4thMIX.
- Dance Dance Revolution is DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME's ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE. To access it, you must AA or better in The legend of MAX as your EXTRA STAGE.
- In DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS (Japan), Dance Dance Revolution can be accessed by getting AA or higher on any boss song as your EXTRA STAGE.
- Dance Dance Revolution's CHALLENGE charts feature various sections of past DanceDanceRevolution songs' EXPERT charts, in the following order:
- According to Akira Goshima, Dance Dance Revolution's Single EXPERT originally had 400 notes (counting jumps), however, he did not want to cover the final "Dance Dance Revolution" line with the announcer shouting "400 combo!", so he removed a note from the chart.
- Dance Dance Revolution's title references the game series where it debuted. It shares this trait with songs IIDX (beatmania IIDX), Keyboard Man (KEYBOARDMANIA), Like a pop'n music (pop'n music), and ビビットストリーム (BeatStream).
- With the exception of the DIFFICULT charts, none of Dance Dance Revolution's charts have Freeze Arrows.
- Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special) is one of the X-Special ENCORE EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from August 20th, 2009 by obtaining at least a AA on The legend of MAX(X-Special) as the EXTRA STAGE.
- As of October 1st, 2009, Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special) was unlocked for normal play.
- From DanceDanceRevolution X2 onwards, Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special) appears in the DanceDanceRevolution X folder instead of the EXTREME folder.
- In DanceDanceRevolution X2 CS, Dance Dance Revolution is the first FINAL STAGE song.
- As of August 18th, 2013, Dance Dance Revolution received its own video from DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME in DanceDanceRevolution (2013). This video is played full-screen and eliminates any on-screen dancers. Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special), however, did not receive the video.
- Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special) finally received the same video on September 18th, 2013. Unlike the original Dance Dance Revolution, the video in Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special) appears in the monitors of the purple Replicant D-action background stage and is not full-screen.
- Since June 1st, 2017 in DanceDanceRevolution A, Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special) no longer appears in the song selection screen if the player does not use an e-amusement pass.
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||127 / 0||170 / 0||245 / 4||352 / 0||369 / 0 / 0||192 / 0||234 / 2||345 / 0||344 / 0 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||3||4||7||9||9||4||6||9||9|
|DanceDanceRevolution X2 CS||5||6||8||12||12||6||8||12||11|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||353 / 36 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||353 / 35 / 0|