- Name: Mutsuhiko Izumi (泉陸奥彦)
- Birthday: October 17th
- Blood Type: A
- Birthplace: Kobe
- Likes: Guitar
- Dislikes: None
- Offical Blog: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/izumi/
One of the biggest names in BEMANI music-wise, the former head sound director of the GuitarFreaks and DrumMania series has a career at KONAMI spanning across four different decades. He's also worked on many non-BEMANI games both arcade and home console alike, including Snatcher, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and its sequel Turtles in Time, and several shooters and beat-em-ups. He is the also former sound director of jubeat.
Prior to joining KONAMI, Mutsuhiko Izumi was in a band called DADA (not to be confused with the 90's British band) back in 1978, which was later renamed KENNEDY in 1985 after some group shuffling. Izumi still composes for the band to this day (being one of the few members who never left the band) while still working at KONAMI. KENNEDY even launched a reunion tour and released a new album in 2015, which Izumi was a part of. Along with his performances for KENNEDY, Izumi also performed guitar and music composition for other Japanese artists back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
Due to his having over 35 years of musical experience, Izumi's music in GuitarFreaks and DrumMania is known for having a rougher, more hard rock sound compared to many other contributors to the series. He's also performed guitar for many other BEMANI artists over the years.
Mutsuhiko Izumi is currently the sound designer of the GuitarFreaks & DrumMania series.
- Mutsuhiko Izumi currently has the longest career as an in-house BEMANI artist, composing since the first GUITARFREAKS title.
- This fact is also pointed out on the website for his album, Third.
- In 美丽的家乡's comments, Mutsuhiko notes that he studies ethnic music everytime he does a non-rock song, trying to make songs that can be enjoyed by the general public by adding modern musical elements.
- Mutsuhiko Izumi is one of the very few current in-house BEMANI staff members who is also a member of JASRAC.
- ションボリくらぶ (member of)
- Trick Trap (guitar, with Yoshihiko Koezuka composing)
- 414 (with Des-ROW)
- W.T.Orchestra / Swan Lake Orchestra / T.M.Orchestra / H.D.5 Orchestra / No.5 Orchestra
Since so many Mutsuhiko Izumi songs feature guitars and drums, only songs not composed by him that he provides guitars or drums for are listed.