- Name: Toshiyuki Kakuta (角田利之)
- Birthdate: February 9th, 1973
What dj nagureo did and dj TAKA did for the arcade beatmania / beatmania IIDX titles respectively, Toshiyuki Kakuta did for the CS versions of those games. Prior to his becoming a sound director for the arcade beatmania IIDX games in GOLD, Toshiyuki worked near exclusively on the home versions of beatmania/IIDX. However, when Tatsh was unable to sound direct GOLD, he was given a position as an arcade sound director for the first time. He's currently serving as the head sound director of the beatmania IIDX arcade series starting with Resort Anthem, taking the position from DJ Yoshitaka, who was the head sound director from GOLD through SIRIUS. Since then, Toshiyuki has been a regular contributor to most BEMANI series as well.
His sound profile defines him as an all-around musician, being able to compose a lot of genres in electronic music, but having a preference over drum'n'bass and hardcore genres. He also has composed rock and metal songs extensively for the GuitarFreaks & DrumMania series.
- Toshiyuki has the fourth longest career of any in-house BEMANI artist, performing music for BEMANI since late April 1999, only two months behind Mutsuhiko Izumi, dj TAKA, and U1-ASAMi.
- Almost all of Toshiyuki's song names in English are near exclusively spelled in capital letters.
- According to Yasi's comments on OUTER LIMITS, Toshiyuki is shy.
- Toshiyuki composed various tracks for the KONAMI game ZONE OF THE ENDERS: THE 2nd RUNNER.
- He also remixed Final Battle for the ZONE OF THE ENDERS ReMIX EDITION album.
- Toshiyuki recorded the video for Battle Train -IIDX Edition-.
- Toshiyuki is the first beatnation Records artist among the original team to write a new song for the BeatStream series.
- Toshiyuki, along with 猫叉Master, currently hold the record for the most number of new songs in a single beatmania IIDX style with 9 songs each in PENDUAL.
- Prior to pop'n music Sunny Park, all of Toshiyuki's pop'n music songs were hidden/unlockable songs in their respective arcade game's debut.
- L.E.D. / L.E.D.-G
- L.E.D.LIGHT / L.E.D.LIGHT-G
- SAW WAVE SQUAD
- SLEDLAKE (with SLAKE)
- 猫叉L.E.D.Master+ (with 猫叉Master+)
- 度胸兄弟 / ユニバーサル度胸兄弟 / ダイナミック野球兄弟 / シャイニング度胸兄弟 / ミニョンヌ鉄道兄弟 (with wac)
- MaMiKa (with 松下 and mitsu)