- 1 INFINITE PRAYER
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 Video Production Information
- 1.7 Difficulty & Notecounts
Artist: L.E.D. LIGHT feat. GORO
Composition/Arrangement: Toshiyuki Kakuta
Genre: OCEANIAN TRIBAL TRANCE
VJ: ? (beatmania), VJ GYO (beatmania IIDX)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania APPEND GOTTAMIX2 ~Going Global~
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of INFINITE PRAYER, titled INFINITE PRAYER (long mix), can be found on the beatmania GOTTAMIX2 ~Going Global~ Original Soundtracks album.
- A remix of INFINITE PRAYER, titled INFINITE PRAYER -floating flock style-, can be found in beatmania APPEND ClubMIX.
- Another remix of INFINITE PRAYER, titled THE BIG VOYAGER -INFINITE PRAYER REINTERPRETATION-, can be found in beatmania IIDX 4th style -new songs collection-.
- Another remix of INFINITE PRAYER by Ryu☆, titled INFINITE PRAYER -Ryu☆Remix-, can be found on L.E.D.'s first album, 電人K.
- In DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX, INFINITE PRAYER was credited to LED. LIGHT feat. Goro.
- INFINITE PRAYER received a new Single EXPERT chart in DDR FESTIVAL -DanceDanceRevolution-. This chart was used as the CHALLENGE chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2.
- This chart was also used in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE, but with the original EXPERT chart's foot rating.
- INFINITE PRAYER received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2.
- Also, INFINITE PRAYER's artist was changed to L.E.D. Light feat. Goro in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2.
- INFINITE PRAYER received new graphics in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE.
Song Production Information
For this song, I started with the interpretation that ethnic music makes up part of the roots of modern trance and dance music, and then conversely took a more ethnic-styled song and tried to remix it into a modern trance work. And so, I was able to complete an "Oceanian Tribal Trance" song featuring the Australian aboriginal instrument, the didgeridoo. (I came up with the genre name myself!)
The didgeridoo looks like a huge recorder made out of a long, narrowed hollowed out tree, but it's really unique how they're made! You take a long, narrow piece of wood and stick it through the top of a termite nest, and wait. The termites will hollow out the inside of the wood, so when they're finished, you just take it out, and that's it! That's what people tell me. This means you probably get all sorts of variations depending on the termites' moods at the time.
I was able to enlist the help of GORO, a didgeridoo player, for the recording of this song. GORO is something of a domestic authority on the didgeridoo who has had lots of experience playing it for various productions. Since this was my first time collaborating with such an influential figure, I was pretty nervious about the recording process at first, but GORO is a pretty good-humoured kind of person who tried as hard as he could to do what I wanted. Since GORO said he's lots of opportunities to do work for dance music, the recording actually went really smoothly. However, afterwards, since a lot of my colleagues all wanted to look at or try to play the didgeridoo when they saw me carrying it around, I really appreciate the physical strength it takes to play it. Everyone would become short of breath within five minutes of starting, and if they tried to stand up, they'd get dizzy. I feel really bad for asking them to try to play more, not knowing how hard it was at the time. And with that, here's to a wonderful "Beat Play Life".
Video Production Information
Togo-chef and KAGE suggested we choose three songs from the popular Playstation game beatmania GOTTAMIX 2 to use for the 4th style recording process to tie the two together. This song is one of the three: "Infinite Prayer", the latest work from the man who kicked up the trance sensation in IIDX substream with THE EARTH LIGHT, L.E.D.LIGHT. "A trance remix interpreting ethnic music in modern styles." The trance sensation created by tapping into the rhythms of the natural world is incredible! It's somehow warm and nostalgic. I just can't put my appreciation for L.E.D.'s skill into words. By the way, it was a bit late in the process when dj TAKA told me that I should have fun making visuals for L.E.D.LIGHT-san's work ... My hands were full with just the new songs for 4th style. L.E.D.LIGHT, everyone, I'm sorry. Somehow, I'll redeem myself another time.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 in 4th style, and from 1 to 7+ in 5th style.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania APPEND GOTTAMIX2||6||-||-||6||-||-|
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style||-||4||5||N/A||4||5||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||4||5||N/A||↑5||↑7||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||4||5||5||4||5||5|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||133 / 0||146 / 5||201 / 36||309 / 20||450 / 18 / 0||143 / 0||201 / 36||309 / 20||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed||-||2||6||7||-||2||6||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME 2 / Dancing Stage Max||1||2||6||7||9||2||6||7||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||96 / 0||146 / 5||201 / 36||450 / 18||- / - / -||143 / 0||201 / 36||309 / 20||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage UNIVERSE||N/A||3||6||7||-||3||6||8||-|