Song Connections / Remixes
- The "Creature that can rule the universe" sample heard in STEEL NEEDLE is taken from Evil Brain from Outer Space.
- A long version of STEEL NEEDLE appears in L.E.D.'s first album, 電人K.
- STEEL NEEDLE shares similarities with CHIP'N'RIDDIM, Cookie Bouquets, and NEPHILIM DELTA.
- STEEL NEEDLE is one of four MILITARY SPLASH #02 EXTRA STAGE, with this song being Battlefield Desert.
- STEEL NEEDLE received Black ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS.
- STEEL NEEDLE is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.5.
Song Production Information
With this style, I was put in charge to make a boss song consistent with the theme.
I have heard some complaints that the previous boss songs did not feel like a boss song.
In the end, I hope that you are satisfied with this.
Even after making IIDX songs, being responsible for making a boss song places unique pressure upon you.
In most cases, the people listening and playing the songs are probably familiar with the composer's music and style.
So, in this case, I tried to create a song about soldiers (which I also am) carrying a sense of sadness within themselves.
It is a strong song. (Well, I think soldiers carry heavy feelings with them, which can also be said about this song)
Video Production Information
Length: 13 meters
Weight: Up to 8 tons
Location: Kalahari Desert
- Its tail contains several steel needles, which can destroy anything in its path.
- Its shell is a thousand times stronger than diamond.
- It feeds on oil and natural gas.
- It always has its eyes open and has fast reflexes.
From the artist's name, I came up with a scorpion image.
The image I first came up with when hearing the song was that of a spicy Asian dish, mixed with an unbearable sense of tension.
I was told that the image looked too fake, almost cartoonish, but I stood firm by it.
If you cannot defeat this boss early enough, it will deplete your natural resources.
"You are equipped with the latest weaponry, including twin air cannons, automatic aiming receptacles, smart bombs, and high speed jets"
"You are now onboard, ready to limit the damage of the scorpion and if possible, defeat it."
"Unfortunately, because of this sudden emergency, we could not provide you emergency training."
"The government trusts you to win, since you are a professional of the IIDX Combat operating system."
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||6||10||11||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||3||6||10||11||12||6||10||11||12|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||10||11||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||10||11||-||-||-||-||-|
|MILITARY SPLASH #1||TRIP MACHINE PhoeniX - Übertreffen - ミラージュ・レジデンス|
|MILITARY SPLASH #1 ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE||TROOPERS|
|MILITARY SPLASH #2||Do it!! Do it!! - four pieces of heaven - ICARUS - STEEL NEEDLE|
|MILITARY SPLASH #2 ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE||MENDES|