CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR-
CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR-
Genre: CYBER DRUM'N'BASS
VJ: ? (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- is part of the Chrono Diver trilogy from beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL, along with chrono diver -fragment- and Chrono Diver -PENDULUMs-.
- A cyber trap remix of CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- by Nhato, titled CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- (Nhato Remix), appears on the beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VOL.2 album.
- CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- is one of the FUTURE Phase exclusive songs of beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL.
- The Nornir, or Norns, are female beings who rule the destiny of gods and men in Norse mythology.
- A preview of CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- was played in the BEMANI Namahousou (kari) (BEMANI生放送（仮）) live stream of September 3rd, 2014.
- Three of GOLI's beatmania IIDX characters, the Umegiri sisters - Iroha, Hihumi, and Ameto - appear in the overlays of CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR-.
- A text animation that says "C H R O N O D I V E R - N O R N I R -" is overlaid on top of the video for every combo break done while playing CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR-. This animation is done in the same style as the one on chrono diver -fragment-.
- CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- received LEGGENDARIA charts on September 17th, 2015, which can be unlocked throughout the -伝説錬金- PENDUAL TALISMAN event. To obtain them you must defeat Saya Kanzaki (神埼紗矢) in the ANOTHER STAGE2 of the event.
- It's the final unlock of the -伝説錬金- PENDUAL TALISMAN event.
- They can be played in both Space-Time phases unlike the regular version of the song.
- With 2477 notes, CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR-'s Double LEGGENDARIA chart has the highest notecount for any song that has ever appeared in an arcade beatmania IIDX release.
- According to L.E.D., CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- was first made as a vocal song.
Song Production Information
Keeping with the theme of two time periods for PENDUAL, this song represents the future phase of the game.
I wanted to focus on a solid cyber-style beat.
Initially, when I was producing this song, I assumed that there would be a vocalist involved.
But then Nekomata Master made chrono diver -fragment- before I had finished, with a vocalist.
So, instead, I decided to remake the song, making sure to emphasize the contrast but still maintaining a link between NORNIR and the other one.
Video Production Information
L.E.D.'s song is the Future phase song NORNIR.
The sound is like light scattering about. It builds up and scatters itself throughout.
This speedy song is a great representation of the "future".
After you play it once, the impact this song has on you will remain.
Thinking of the Nornir, I represented the 3 phases of time with the three Umegiri sisters, whose ages represent the 3 steps of time.
Ameto represents the past that is closed.
Hihumi represents the present that is currently being shaped.
Iroha represents the future that represents hope.
It is all sequential.
By the way, if you have a combo break in the song, you will see the title CHRONO DIVER.
Only the letter D is highlighted red.
I wanted to imply that you did something to endanger the future every time you see this.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Backspin Scratches||-||592 / 0||1124 / 0||1568 / 0||2233 / 4||625 / 0||1128 / 0||1582 / 0||2477 / 4|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL→Present||-||5||9||11||12||5||9||11||12|
|Chrono Diver song trilogy|
|chrono diver -fragment- - CHRONO DIVER -NORNIR- - Chrono Diver -PENDULUMs-|