Koiuta shippuu! Karuta queen Iroha
Denki Rokumisen/Denki Shamisen: 96
pop'n music Character: いろは [ec]
pop'n CG design: ちっひ
Movie: VJ いか × belldot + ちっひ
Jacket design: VJ いか × belldot + ちっひ
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music éclale
Other Music Game Appearances:
なにわづに さくや このはな ふゆごもり いまを はるべと さくや このはな （みーふーひーご！） （ごー！ごー！ごー！ごー！ごー！ごー！575！） （はい！はい！はい！はい！はい！はい！俳句！） 和歌よ誰ぞ 常に時雨は降り頻る 千年跨ぎのコンピレイション 詠み人百人できるかな？ （せい！せい！せい！せい！せい！せい！セイム！） （は！は！は！はらきまりさしひけ） 疾風怒濤にぶちぬく わたしは攻めがるた 畳み掛ける畳の上なら 百人詠んでも大丈夫 わすらもち（MOCHI） 嘆きイカ（IKA） 足長長長長おじさん お呼びじゃないのよ バンバンバンバン ながら牛（USHI） うっかりはけ（HAKE） むすめほさせそ ぞなむやか 係って結んで開け 逸る気持ち押さえ手 行ったり来たり戻り手 他人に奪られるくらいなら 友札もろとも 薙ぎ払え ふっとばせ 大山持てない恋する乙女の いのち短し ばばんばんばばん 恋は一字決まりね 子音の瞬間 駆け出す恋は お手つき覚悟の運命戦さ ずばばばばーん 恋の歌 舞い落ちる わかるよーな わからんよーな 和歌の心 宿して いい感じ いい感じ
naniwazuni saku ya kono hana fuyugomori ima wo harube to saku ya kono hana (mi~ fu~ hi~ go!) (go! go! go! go! go! go! 575!) (hai! hai! hai! hai! hai! hai! haiku!) waka yo darezo tsuneni shigure wa furishikiru sennen matagi no COMPILATION yomibito hyakunin dekiru ka na? (sei! sei! sei! sei! sei! sei! seimu!) (ha! ha! ha! harakimari sashihike) shippuudotou ni buchinuku watashi wa semegaruta tatamikakeru tatami no ue nara hyakunin yon demo daijoubu wasura mochi (MOCHI) nageki ika (IKA) ashi naganaga naganaga ojisan oyobi ja nai no yo banbanbanban nagara ushi (USHI) ukkari hake (HAKE) musume hosaseso zonamuyaka kakatte musunde ake hayaru kimochi osaete ittari kitari modorite hitori ni korareru kurai nara tomofuda moro tomo nagiharae futtobase ouyama motenai koisuru otome no inochi mijikashi babanban baban koi wa ichiji kimari ne shiin no shunkan kakedasu koi wa otetsuki kakugo no unmei sensa zubaba babaan koi no uta maiochiru wakaru you na wakaran you na waka no kokoro yadoshite ii kanji ii kanji
In Naniwa Bay, The flowers are blossoming After lying dormant all winter Now spring has come The flowers are blossoming (3, 2, 1, go!) (Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! 5-7-5!) (Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Haiku!) Who even is Waka anyway? An autumn shower endlessly falls 100 poets could make a compilation remembered for 1000 years or more, right? (Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Same!) (Ha! Ha! Ha! Rapid recognition!) In the heat of the moment, I struck out Questions launched across the tatami mats; there are 100 poems to remember but I’ll be OK Forgotten mochi (Mochi!) Grieving squid (Squid!) Daddy long-long-long-long-legs isn't needed anymore, bam-bam-bam-bam Despite a cow (Cow!) Somehow bald (Bald!) Mnemonics and sentence structures all falling in and out of order Controlling my excitement, my hand rushes out and out again Stealing the cards out from under my opponent Using them all to my advantage, I’ll... Mow them down! Blow them away! For the lovely girl who couldn't conquer the mountains, Life's short! Ba-bam bam ba-bam Love is that one first syllable Hearing the consonant and rushing out Not scoring any fouls in this fated battle Zz-ba-ba-ba-bam A fluttering love song All the things I know and all the things I don’t I house the true spirit of Waka poetry I feel great, I feel great
Song Connections / Remixes
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは was unveiled in the Women's Division final round of the pop'n music éclale section of The 5th KONAMI Arcade Championship event.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは was added to pop'n music éclale on February 1st, 2016 to all players who completed the pop'n fuyu no stamp rally (ポップン冬のスタンプラリー) event, which started on December 24th, 2015.
- From March 10th, 2016, it could be purchased in the Star Factory for 1000 lumina.
- As of September 28th, 2017 in pop'n music うさぎと猫と少年の夢, it is available by default.
- Karuta (かるた) are Japanese playing cards originally introduced to Japan by the Portuguese traders during the mid-16th century. For more information, see this page.
- Q-Mex is mentioned in the song comments for 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは, due to 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは having the "ii kanji ii kanji" (いい感じ いい感じ) line on its lyrics, and ナタラディーン's sample "shri kanci" often being misheard as "ii kanji ii kanji".
- This is also referenced in 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは's BeatStream video, where いろは is seen dressed in NaN (character of ナタラディーン)'s outfit during the line.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは's main BPM, 168, is goroawase for "iroha".
- Furthermore, 120 might be a reference to the twelfth pop'n music main game, pop'n music 12 いろは.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは's EX chart has a Spicy Gauge.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは's EASY chart was re-rated in pop'n music éclale on March 22nd, 2016.
- It was re-rated again in pop'n music うさぎと猫と少年の夢 on March 29th, 2017.
- MIYABI san and KERI・MARO make cameos in いろは's WIN and LOSE animations.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは was added to BeatStream アニムトライヴ on July 21st, 2016 as part of the BeaSt pop'n tanabata matsuri (ビースト ポップン 七夕まつり) event. It can be unlocked via Episode 6 of BEAST CRISIS.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは's BEAST chart has the most notes of any BeatStream BEAST chart, with 870 notes.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは is a song part of the POLICY BREAK event. For more information on the dates it could be unlocked in the SOUND VOLTEX series, please see the event page.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは was added to SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS コナステ's REGULAR course on August 1st, 2019.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは is part of the Maishuu! Ichika no chou BEMANI rush 2020 (毎週！いちかの超BEMANIラッシュ2020) event. It could be unlocked in jubeat festo from September 16th, 2020 until October 29th, 2020.
- From September 15th, 2021, it can be purchased from the SHOP with 150 emo.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは is one of the few returning songs that appeared on the location test for NEW pop'n music Welcome to Wonderland!.
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは was added to pop'n music Lively on February 3rd, 2021 as the February 2021 Monthly Bonus Song.
- From February 2nd, 2022, it can be unlocked via Ticket Quest after purchasing the song with two Lively Tickets (Livelyチケット).
- 恋歌疾風！かるたクイーンいろは was added to jubeat (2021)'s normal mode on November 24th, 2021.
Song Production Information
Zu-ba-ba-ba-baaam! It's Nukoneko-san~!
Is everyone having fun living a karuta life!?
Speaking of karuta, I used to own a set of karuta cards when I was younger, but I used to enjoy playing menko with them instead!
I always had trouble flipping the cards over!
It took me a few years to figure out the proper way of playing!
Huh, why did I play alone...? It's not because I didn't have anyone to play with! It's not!
Well, now I can play with Kuroneko-san! A battle with (all two members of) Nekomanma Team!
...Huh!? There's no one to be the reader!?
This feels great~ ☆ Nataradin ☆
(P.S. When recording the song, wac was shouting "MOCHI!!!" "IKA!!!" really energetically. I'll never forget PON trying to keep a straight face while recording.)
Zu-ba-ba-ba-baaam! It's Kuroneko-san.
Do all of you kids know how to play karuta?
This is a love song, definitely a love song.
One time I was distracted as usual, and had the passing idea of writing a song using the Hyakunin Isshu.
Then, suddenly, it was time to begin preparing for the next KAC.
Which meant I had to choose the queen of the pop'n girls division.
When I hear "queen", I think of karuta. Karuta Queen.
At that moment, everything came together; the competitive karuta queen Iroha suddenly burst into existence.
I never understood why they call the female champions queens even though it's a completely Japanese-styled game.
Well, it's probably because karuta originally came from Europe. But then, why are the male champions called meijin?
I'm probably the best competitive karuta player in the BEMANI world.
Because of all the reference material I've read about competitive karuta (a bunch of manga), I'm a bit of an expert on the subject.
I'm pretty much on the level of a champion already. Even though I've never actually played a game before.
The beginning of the song uses the usual introductory poem used in karuta tournaments, and the "zu-ba-ba-ba-baaam!" shout is based on the beginning syllables of each poem.
That's all the relevant karuta information I know.
By the way, why does everyone think the ending sounds like Nataradin?
To the trained ear of a competitive karuta player, she's clearly saying "this feels great".
Now, everyone can stop bringing up Nataradin.
(Acknowledged by Q-Mex)
The skills required in competitive karuta translate easily over to pop'n.
When writing the music, I wanted to create karuta-like hand movements.
If you decide to take on the rapid-fire hand movements of this song, it's a battle with Nekomanma Team for the title of karuta queen or meijin.
Ah, I've already forgotten all the poems. Try your best, Nukoneko-san.
Video Production Information
Hellooooo~☆ It's the grieving squid.
Kuroneko-san's lyrics had a bunch of karuta-related phrases scattered throughout, which I thought was really clever, so I tried to include as much of that as possible in the movie!
While creating the video I kept in mind how excitable, lively, and expressive Iroha is. When I saw the official announcement from the pop'n team, I was surprised at how well everything came together.
§/❘▽❘)§ ←she's cute!
It was the song from KAC pop'n women's division, and a song that the BeatStream champion wanted to see, so I poured all of that fighting spirit into creating the video...!
And chihi from the pop'n team illustrated the video as well! It's really wonderful!
Once again, I was asked to create a video.
I created a video which is just as high-tension as the song!
Be sure to pay attention to all of the karuta wordplay in the lyrics!
The pop'n women's finals song was invited to BeatStream.
Since I was bringing Iroha over from the pop'n team, Mimi and Nyami decided to tag along too! Sorry to intrude~
I was very happy to be in charge of illustrating the video, and when all the drawings were finished and I saw the video for the first time it really felt amazing!
My favourite illustration is Iroha dressed as NaN. This feels great~ ☆
I inserted a number of pop'n references into the video. If they caught anyone's attention, please go play the song in pop'n as well!
I'm very glad she was able to become friends with BisCo ^^
Iroha, love with all your heart~
Hello everyone! This is Karuta Queen Iroha, who filled the women's division with her cuteness.
At the beginning, the sound team suggested writing a song using the Hyakunin Isshu, which I was excited about.
The character's image is a blend between a Heian-era 12-layer kimono and a cutesy mini yukata.
Her design is very colourful, like many other éclale characters; but at one point the colouring shifted toward being more Heian-inspired. I think I ended up reaching a perfect balance between the two concepts!
At first I thought her miniskirt would make her look too lively to be a karuta player, but her song is already super lively! I feel great~!
wac was rather excited about writing a love song, but the character theme ended up being more focused on karuta than love!
Through her animations, please experience Iroha's burning passion for karuta.
At first I was worried, since the theme of Heian-era love seemed like a great idea; but when I considered Iroha's life, I realised that she's completely in love with karuta. It's a karuta-themed love song.
The reckless girl who loves karuta, who seems clumsy at first glance: Iroha.
Difficulty & Notecounts
BeatStream difficulty rated from 1 to Kami (神) in アニムトライヴ.
jubeat difficulty rated from 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
SOUND VOLTEX difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from IV HEAVENLY HAVEN onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd, Pop'n Music Fever and SOUND VOLTEX @ wiki.)
|pop'n music éclale (original ratings)||14||29||42||49||30||-|
|pop'n music éclale||↓11||29||42||49||30||-|
|pop'n music うさぎと猫と少年の夢→Present||↓10||29||42||49||30||-|
|pop'n music Lively||10||29||42||49||-||-|
|Effected By||おすし仮面||金色の夜叉||Hermit♣club||Antonio Guccini||-|
|Jacket Artists||VJ いか × belldot + ちっひ||VJ いか × belldot + ちっひ||VJ いか × belldot + ちっひ||VJ いか × belldot + ちっひ||-|
|SOUND VOLTEX IV→Present||5||12||15||18||-|
|SOUND VOLTEX III コナステ||5||12||15||18||-|