Artist: fallen shepherd ft. RabbiTon Strings
Composition/Arrangement: ARM (IOSYS)
BPM: 220-440 (DanceDanceRevolution), 110-880 (SOUND VOLTEX)
Jacket design: square_head
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution A
Other Music Game Appearances:
Death for the Better
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of ENDYMION can be found on ARM's third album, アニマル・ストライク！.
- ENDYMION is DanceDanceRevolution A's EXTRA EXCLUSIVE LEVEL A song. It was added on July 13th, 2017, and can only be played on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 3 after unlocking it in the RINON'S ADVENTURE III event as the final unlock.
- The RINON HEAT POWER gauge is reset upon selecting the song, forcing players to re-access EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 3 in order to play the song again.
- From April 26th, 2018 to July 25th, 2018, ENDYMION could be accessed on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 1 after completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- From July 26th, 2018, ENDYMION is unlocked for normal play upon completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- As of DanceDanceRevolution A20, it is available by default.
- Before April 26th, 2018, ENDYMION had an alternate jacket that was used on the song select screen, resembling a "sealed" or "locked" version of the main jacket.
- ENDYMION has a unique video. However, it is in the background of a red Replicant D-action dance stage and is not full-screen.
- ENDYMION's CHALLENGE charts became accessible (while still exclusive to EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 3) after clearing its EXPERT chart and then clearing ACE FOR ACES as the ENCORE EXTRA STAGE immediately after. (Single and Double charts must be made accessible separately.)
- Its CHALLENGE charts are the fifth Single and sixth Double charts, respectively, to be rated Level 19.
- From April 26th, 2018, ENDYMION's CHALLENGE charts are available on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 1 after completing RINON'S ADVENTURE without needing to clear ACE FOR ACES.
- ENDYMION's Single and Double CHALLENGE charts previously held the record for the highest stepcount on any non-long version song in DanceDanceRevolution with 925 and 900 notes respectively, until MAX 360's Single and Double CHALLENGE charts surpassed it with 1000 and 945 notes respectively.
- In Greek mythology, Endymion was variously an Aeolian shepherd, hunter, or king who was said to rule and live at Olympia in Elis.
- Accordingly, the woman depicted on the jacket art is the Greek moon goddess, Selene, who in mythology fell in love with Endymion and placed him into an eternal slumber in order to preserve his beauty.
- However, ARM notes in the song comments that the title was inspired by the Dan Simmons novel of the same name.
- Despite having a displayed BPM of 220-440, ENDYMION's actual minimum and maximum BPMs are 110 and 880, respectively. The SOUND VOLTEX series uses the correct BPM values.
- Reaching up to 880 BPM, ENDYMION is tied with EGOISM 440 for the fifth highest BPM at any point in all BEMANI games, beaten only by Gate of Atlantis' 888 BPM from SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN, gigadelic(m3rkAb4# R3m!x)'s 916 BPM from SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS, 超☆超☆光☆速☆出☆前☆最☆速!!! スピード★スター★かなで's 999 BPM from SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN, and Tohoku EVOLVED's 1020 BPM from DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX.
- ENDYMION ranked #1 in the BEMANI Fan Site CHECK!SONGS Monthly Ranking list for July 2017.
- ENDYMION is one of the unlocks of the POLICY BREAK event. For more information on the dates it can be unlocked in the SOUND VOLTEX series, please see the event page.
- POLICY BREAK crossing over a DanceDanceRevolution song is the 500,000 MANIFEST DanceDanceRevolution Goal of the いちかのBEMANI投票選抜戦2019 event.
Song Production Information
Hello, this is fallen shepherd.
Who is... ARM from IOSYS (laughs)
Let's go with a mysterious artist for a boss song with a mysterious feeling!
Following U1's advice, I used a strange name, get it?
Although Endymion is an enigmatic myth, the scales are inspired by Dan Simmons' science fiction.
Feel the sense of urgency with an absolute strength. Feel it.
For this song, the violin, viola, and guitar were played live.
... I will write it again, but the violin was actually performed by human beings.
I studied "Grandes études de Paganini" and barely scratched what can be expressed with the violin.
Paganini, who is said to have sold his soul to the devil, destroyed the hearts of human performers.
By the way, thank you Fudeshi (Vn), Hayashi (Vla) of RabbiTon Strings who performed for me.
And thank you zyukucho(COOL&CREATE) for the guitar!
Video Production Information
A huge characteristic of this song is its disconnected rhythm, seeming as though patched together, wrapped up with classical elements.
And thus it feels like a demonic shift.
With the thought that you will be able to enjoy a memorable experience by visually matching up the characteristics of this type of song, I created a movie with the motif of a shifting sky.
The red, burning sky where Endymion falls to earth.
The sky where the winds blow violently to the ultra-high-speed A melody.
The sky that has lost its distorted dimension from the extreme BPM change.
The sky that reassembles itself to the rhythm of the characteristic timbre.
The sky where violently roaring thunder comes and goes to the bass.
The gold sky that blesses the player who finally reached the home stretch.
And lastly, the sky that has regained its blue peacefulness.
Which sky remained in your memory?
As a matter of fact, this production continues to the results screen.
Defeat ENDYMION and reclaim the blue sky!
Jacket Design Information
The impression I got from this song was a nobility enhanced by the strings, classical timbre and dance music interwoven with a far-off divinity.
In order to express that impression, I compared the player to ENDYMION who is a descendant of the gods, and made a jacket with the motif of a "forbidden encounter" with the moon goddess, Selene.
Additionally, I thought it necessary to go in a heretofore unseen direction unique to this song, so that the player can experience the far-off divinity and high ranking of this song even more.
So I colored the song selection screen a deep red, hid the real jacket, and made production decisions just for this song.
The red sky, a sky that cannot be normal, will make the player feel a sense of impending doom. In addition, I thought about the direction of covering the jacket in a black exterior, in order to achieve the virtuous feeling of covering the gods with artifacts and the goddess emerging from the broken visage so that one feels the far-off atmosphere of eeriness.
The reason for the production decision of RINON shooting such a thick beam is that the player fighting all their Heat Power can pile their feelings up onto her figure and become immersed in the game.
By all means, reach this song with your own feet and relish the atmosphere that the "forbidden encounter" brings.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards.
SOUND VOLTEX difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from IV HEAVENLY HAVEN onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and VOLTEX @ wiki.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||276 / 14||473 / 15||591 / 21||783 / 22||925 / 28 / 0||468 / 14||580 / 18||741 / 26||900 / 30 / 0|
|SOUND VOLTEX VIVID WAVE→Present||7||14||17||19||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution A EXTRA EXCLUSIVE Songs|
|New Century - RISING FIRE HAWK - Astrogazer - Come to Life - Emera - Start a New Day - Ishtar - out of focus - Neutrino - Cosy Catastrophe|
IN BETWEEN - Love You More - Pursuer - Vanquish The Ghost
ENDYMION - ACE FOR ACES