Artist: OutPhase (TaQ/dj TAKA)
Composition/Arrangement: TaQ, dj TAKA
Movie: VJ GYO (5th style), shiro (6th style→Present)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
- REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper
- REFLEC BEAT plus BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS PACK 07
Song Connections / Remixes
- A down-tempo, extended version of sync appears on TaQ's first album, bounce connected.
- A shorter and slightly re-arranged version of sync, titled sync (EXTREME version), appears in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- A symphonic medley of 天空の夜明け, quasar, and sync, titled 天空の夜明け・quasar・sync シンフォニーメドレー, was performed at the BEMANI SYMPHONY Concert 2022 event.
- sync originally had a generic video in beatmania IIDX 5th style, and received a unique video in beatmania IIDX 6th style.
- sync received a new BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS, replacing its old one.
- sync could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system. It ranked 2nd in overall number of votes.
- From September 17th, 2015 onwards, it could be purchased from the REFLEC Shop for 3800 Refle.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA, it could be purchased in the Garage for 20 VOLZZA KEYs.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2, it was playable by default.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, sync was revived on July 19th, 2018.
- sync also appears as one of the background music selectable to play during Accel Rave Time (アクセルレイブタイム) in SEVEN'S BEAT (セブンスビート), a KONAMI medal redemption game.
- sync is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) from February 8th, 2023 after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
The meaning of "OutPhase" is "opposite phase", as it displays maximum power when the cycles coincide. It becomes about cooperation rather than individual emphasis.
It's a scale which can't be expressed as a single scene from a game where songs last less than two minutes.
When two opposing forces synchronize with each other, self-control isn't guaranteed to be preserved when energy is present.
We brought a revolution to IIDX, and are now surpassing beatmania as OutPhase.
Video Production Information
The super special unit "OutPhase", who everyone was waiting for, arrived at the right time.
One of OutPhase's musical roots is considered to be German trance, which peaked in popularity in 1992~1993.
Inheriting that gene, the song "sync" was born after evolving into its most ideal form, without being affected by reckless management of the passage of time.
Inside a laboratory called "OutPhase", the two composers engaged in production activities and continued their collaborative research each day and night without sleep to give birth to the evolutionary life form "sync", and the image of these two passionate young genius researchers still left a strong impression on me.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||6||7||N/A||-||6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style||-||↓5||7||N/A||-||6||↓7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→9th style||-||↑6||7||N/A||-||↓5||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style→11 IIDX RED||-||6||7||N/A||-||5||↑8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||6||↑8||10||-||↑7||↑9||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→Present||-||6||8||10||-||7||9||↑11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||※3||6||7||7||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||※3||6||7||7||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||※3||6||7||7||-||5||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||3||6||8||10||-||7||9||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||6||8||10||-||7||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||8||10||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||-||6||8||10||-||7||9||11||-|
※ This BEGINNER chart is different from its later console appearance (total notes: 403).
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper→VOLZZA 2||4||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||4||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||6||9||12||-|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|