Recording & Mixing: "hazzy" Naitou, TaQ
Movie: VJ GYO (9th style), F-FLY (10th style→Present)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 9th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of quasar by The 4th, titled quasar (The 4th Remix), can be found on The 4th's Force of The 4th album.
- A symphonic medley of 天空の夜明け, quasar, and sync, titled 天空の夜明け・quasar・sync シンフォニーメドレー, was performed at the BEMANI SYMPHONY Concert 2022 event.
- quasar was the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- As of beat#2, it is playable by default.
- quasar originally had a generic video in beatmania IIDX 9th style. It received a unique video in beatmania IIDX 10th style, whch also carried over to beatmania IIDX 9th style CS.
- This is somewhat notable considering that sync had a similar series of events.
- In the arcade release of beatmania IIDX 9th style, quasar was part of a bug in which choosing the song occasionally crashed the game. This bug was fixed in future beatmania IIDX arcade releases, and does not appear in the console version of beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- In astrology, quasi-stellar, or quasar for short, is an extremely luminous active galactic nucleus which was powered by a supermassive black hole, with mass ranging from millions to tens of billions of times the mass of the Sun, which was surrounded by a gaseous accretion disk.
- quasar was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA.
- quasar has appeared in every Double Play Kaiden course in the arcade beatmania IIDX titles since it was introduced in beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.
- quasar also appears as one of the background music selectable to play during Accel Rave Time (アクセルレイブタイム) in SEVEN'S BEAT (セブンスビート), a KONAMI medal redemption game.
Song Production Information
It's been a year and a half. Our interests and goals change, and our environments change. It's been a year and a half of walking on the path we both believe in. But it doesn't change that you're my best friend in the studio. How long has it been, Taka? I wish you the best in the future.
That person is still there.
That's all it takes for music to get better or worse.
That's just what collaboration is, it's just fun.
Likewise, I wish you the best.
written by Taka and TaQ
recorded and mixed by "hazzy" Naitou and TaQ
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style||-||6||7+||N/A||-||7||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||6||8||N/A||-||7||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||6||8||N/A||-||7||↑8+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||6||↑9||11||-||7||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||-||6||7+||7+||-||7||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||6||8||8||-||7||8||8||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||6||9||11||-||7||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||6||9||11||-||7||11||12||-|