Not to be confused with fellow.
Artist: dj TAKA feat. Sana
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics: dj taka
Length: 1:31 (beatmania), 1:56 (OST), 1:45 (REFLEC BEAT)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania THE FINAL
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania III THE FINAL
- REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper
- REFLEC BEAT plus BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS PACK 02
それは いくつもの 夜が明けて できた最高のstory 周りから 笑われても 信じたものに 夢託した 窓の外 広がるのは 眩しい朝光 渋滞の246 言いたいこと言い合えた 仲間達 bye bye thank you bye bye thank you my fellows bye bye thank you bye bye thank you forever
sore wa ikutsumono yo ga akete dekita saikou no story mawari kara warawarete mo shinjita mono ni yume takushita mado no soto hirogaru no wa mabushii asahi juutai no 246 iitai koto iiaeta nakamatachi bye bye thank you bye bye thank you my fellows bye bye thank you bye bye thank you forever
It happened over many dawns, the greatest story Even when surrounded by laughter, I entrusted my hope in what I believe Spreading outside the window is the blinding morning light, a crowded 246 We've told each other the things we wanted to say, my friends Bye bye thank you Bye bye thank you my fellows Bye bye thank you Bye bye thank you forever
Song Connections / Remixes
- The original soundtrack version of fellows is longer than its in-game versions.
- The beatmania / beatmania III cut fades out after Sana's vocals are finished.
- The REFLEC BEAT cut is slightly extended and edited, but still ends after the vocals have been sung.
- In beatmania / beatmania III, fellows' artist was capitalized as dj taka feat. sana.
- fellows' genre, EPILOGUE, is a reference to how beatmania THE FINAL is the last game in the original beatmania series.
- fellows is one of the few songs where its lyrics could be found on its song production information site (archived).
- fellows is Sanae Shintani's only song she ever sung exclusively for an arcade beatmania game.
- fellows could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the 2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- From September 17th, 2015 onwards, it could be purchased from the REFLEC Shop for 3800 Refle.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA, it could be purchased in the Garage for 20 VOLZZA KEYs.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2, it was playable by default.
Song Production Information
Quite a lot of time has passed since I first got involved in the production of beatmania.
When I first started out, my senior colleagues taught me various things to be aware of, or rather, what sorts of music, arrangements, and game patterns don't fit beatmania.
- Don't be repetitive, have progression
- Use a lot of sounds, the flashier the better
- Don't assign bass sounds to the keys
And so on and so forth.
These ways of doing things certainly made sense in terms of the game.
I wrote my own songs along these lines as I simultaneously directed outside artists in the same way, and that's how it unfolded.
However, through various songs, I gradually started to learn that there are other different ways to create interesting songs.
During the very last opportunity for beatmania, I attempted to create a good, interesting song while intentionally using all of these supposedly bad techniques.
That song turned out to be fellows.
It's also a message of gratitude to the great beatmania, which made me into who I am.
The organ in this song is in an extremely simple style: no progression, very few sounds.
Actually, from the time the song begins until it ends, it repeats the same four measures, with absolutely no progression.
The number of tracks, or "the number of sounds," doesn't even crack 10.
Both of these were things that supposedly didn't fit beatmania.
For the vocals, I had the staff search for people who have an affinity to beatmania, but there was only one person who could fit the bill, so I asked for Sana.
Officially, this my first time working with Sana, but I think she sung better than any vocalist I've recorded up to this point.
It was very cool to see her sing, it was like a wind blowing through the booth.
I felt very moved that she became an amazing musician through various experiences ever since she started out in beatmania.
Oh, right, I heard that Sana's official website is open, give it a look too.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, and from 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from KANI KANI CRAB and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania THE FINAL||4||6||-||4||7||-|
|beatmania III THE FINAL||4||6||-||4||6||-|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper→VOLZZA 2||2||6||9||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||2||6||9||-|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|