Not to be confused with fellow.
Artist: dj TAKA feat. Sana
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics: dj taka
Length: 1:56 (uncut), 1:45 (REFLEC BEAT)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania THE FINAL
Other Music Game Appearances:
それは いくつもの 夜が明けて できた最高のstory 周りから 笑われても 信じたものに 夢託した 窓の外 広がるのは 眩しい朝光 渋滞の246 言いたいこと言い合えた 仲間達 bye bye thank you bye bye thank you my fellows bye bye thank you bye bye thank you forever
sore wa ikutsumono yo ga akete dekita saikou no story mawari kara warawarete mo shinjita mono ni yume takushita mado no soto hirogaru no wa mabushii Tomomitsu juutai no 246 iitai koto iiaeta nakamatachi bye bye thank you bye bye thank you my fellows bye bye thank you bye bye thank you forever
Song Connections / Remixes
- The original soundtrack version of fellows is longer than its in-game versions.
- The beatmania / beatmania III version of fellows fades out after Sana's vocals are finished.
- The REFLEC BEAT version of fellows is slightly extended and edited, but still ends after the vocals have been sung.
- In beatmania / beatmania III, fellows' artist was capitalized as dj taka feat. sana.
- fellows' genre, EPILOGUE, is a reference to how beatmania THE FINAL was the last game in the original beatmania series.
- fellows is one of the few songs where its lyrics can be found on its song production information site.
- fellows was Sanae Shintani's only song she ever sung exclusively for an arcade beatmania game.
- fellows could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the 2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
Song Production Information
A lot of years have passed since the first time when I was involved in the production of beatmania.
Initially when I participated, the seniors gave me lots of advice, and taught me the music and arrangement trends, and which game patterns were not suitable for beatmania, for example,
• Repeating without progression is bad, always progress
• The larger amount of sounds, the better
• Assigning the bass sound to a key is bad
And so on.
Certainly, these methods really make sense for gameplay, and allowed to us to write our own songs, and also to subject the commissioned artists to the same direction as well. This worked so far.
However, through a variety of songs, I realized that maybe there is another method to have an interesting song, and at the very end of beatmania, I made all the NG techniques fly away. Let's make a good, interesting song. And with this enthusiasm, "fellows" was made.
To the great beatmania which became even bigger, this is a thanks message.
The organ of this song can be heard from the start of the song to the end, repeating the same performance of the four measures, is completely free of progressive melody, while the tracks have not more than 10 number of sounds, which is not suitable for the original beatmania, as the song has a extremely simple style progression with a small number of sounds.
For the vocals, I was looking for someone who her vocals were familiar in beatmania, so I asked Sana for her help.
Even though this is officially my first collaboration with Sana, I think that her vocals are more delicious than those of any vocalist that I've heard.
Her appearance to sing at the booth was very stylish, like the wind. Sana's experience began in beatmania. Since then she became a great musician, and that's really moving.
Oh yeah, Sana's official site is now open, so please check it.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, and from 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania THE FINAL||4||6||-||4||7||-|
|beatmania III THE FINAL||4||6||-||4||6||-|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper→VOLZZA 2||2||6||9||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||2||6||9||-|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|