Length: 1:58 (beatmania IIDX), 1:32 (DanceDanceRevolution)
VJ: shiro (IIDX RED→HAPPY SKY); Ta-k(synesthesia) (CS IIDX RED, DistorteD→Present)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- AA is part of D.J.Amuro's RENAISSANCE series of songs.
- A long version of AA can be found on dj TAKA's first album, milestone.
- A remix of AA by BlackY, titled AA BlackY mix, appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- Another remix of AA by OSTER project, titled AA (Renaissance Concertino Mix), appears on dj TAKA's second album, True Blue....
- The DanceDanceRevolution series use a shorter version of AA.
- A common pronunciation of AA among players in Japan is "ダブルエース" (Double-Ace). KONAMI stresses that there is no "official" pronunciation, but notes that "Double-Ace" is a common one among players.
- Notably, in the SOUND VOLTEX series, AA's remix, AA BlackY mix, has AA rendered as "ダブルエース" for sorting purposes.
- In the arcade version of beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED, a generic video was used. However, in the CS version, a new video/animation was produced for AA from Visual Emotions 3, which also includes The Hope of Tomorrow, Raspberry♡Heart (English version), and D.A.N.C.E.!.
- At the time of its release, AA's Single ANOTHER chart had the most notes of any Single Play chart, at 1834 notes. This short-lived record would be toppled by 冥 one version later, with 2000 notes.
- Its Double ANOTHER chart also had the most notes of any Double ANOTHER chart, at 1739 notes. This was also topped by 冥 in HAPPY SKY.
- AA is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' championship Mode from August 10th, 2016 to August 21st, 2016.
Song Production Information
The theme of this song is the betrayal of a certain character by his closest, trusted associates, and the moments of his heroic death. It is rather difficult, but I hope you can bring flowers through your spectacular performance.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED difficulty rated from 1 to 8+, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||5||8+||N/A||5||8||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||5||↑10||12||5||↑9||12|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||5||8+||8+||5||8||8+|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||5||10||12||5||9||12|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||10||12||5||9||12|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||12||5||9||12|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||108 / 0||186 / 2||274 / 2||386 / 2||- / - / -||186 / 2||273 / 2||366 / 2||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||1||4||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
|D.J.Amuro's RENAISSANCE series|
|A - AA - F - X|