Artist: Amuro vs Killer
Composition/Arrangement: Amuro & Killer
Genre: HUMAN SEQUENCER
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of 冥 by kors k, titled 冥 -0720Daddy's tenderness mix-, appears on the cyber beatnation 1st conclusion album.
- A rock remix of 冥 by 164, titled 冥 Rockin' SWING REMIX, can be found in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- A remix of 冥 by かめりあ, titled 冥 (かめりあ's "甦" Remix), appears on the beatmania IIDX 20th Anniversary Tribute BEST album.
- A short version of 冥 (かめりあ's "甦" Remix) appears as an unused song in the HDD data for beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER.
- A symphonic arrangement of 冥 by Osamu Kubota and TaQ, titled 冥 (Orchestra Arr.), can be found on the BEMANI SYMPHONY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- 冥 is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY. To play 冥, you must Hard Clear SCREAM SQUAD's ANOTHER chart with a AA grade or higher.
- The kanji used for the title (冥) is associated with darkness and is most commonly used in the word 冥王星 (meiousei), the Japanese word for the planet Pluto ("planet of the lord of darkness").
- The arcade beatmania IIDX LED ticker displays the song as "MEI(TAKASH)", a portmanteau of "dj TAKA" and "Tatsh".
- At the time of its release, 冥's ANOTHER charts held the record for the most notes of any beatmania IIDX chart, with 2000 notes.
- Neither chart was AAA'd until a couple of years after HAPPY SKY's debut.
- 冥 has been the final stage of every SP Kaiden course in the arcade beatmania IIDX titles since its introduction in beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.
- 冥 is one of the Phase 1 hidden songs of Toy'sMarch2.
- In DanceDanceRevolution X2, 冥 is one of the unlockable songs of the Ganbare PiX Kirakira douchuu (がんばれPiX キラキラ道中) event. It could be unlocked by having destroyed 800 planets, and launching PiX to a total distance of 490,000-520,000 light-years.
- As of February 23rd, 2011, 冥 has been unlocked for normal play.
- Also, as of April 1st, 2011, 冥's CHALLENGE charts have been unlocked for normal play.
- 冥 is the first BEMANI crossover song in the DanceDanceRevolution series to have CHALLENGE charts rated Level 18.
- In the DanceDanceRevolution series, 冥 features its beatmania IIDX video. However, it plays in the background of the WHITE MOVIE background dance stage and is not full-screen.
- In DanceDanceRevolution II/DanceDanceRevolution hottest party5, 冥's video removes any on-screen dancers and is played in a tiny monitor on the opposite side of the player on Single and in the center on Double/Versus, due to Nintendo Wii memory limitations.
- On the American and European releases of the DanceDanceRevolution series before DanceDanceRevolution A, 冥's title is romanized as MEI.
- 冥 appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the beatmania IIDX Song Pack 3.
- 冥 was available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' championship Mode from August 10th to 21st, 2016.
- On August 22nd, 2016, it was added to standard Mode for anyone who had played the PREMIUM∞CUP in championship Mode at least once.
- From December 2019, it can be purchased with BITs.
- 冥 was one of the qualifying round songs in the The 6th KONAMI Arcade Championship for DanceDanceRevolution A.
- 冥 is available in DanceDanceRevolution GRAND PRIX's GRAND PRIX mode from May 25th, 2023, by purchasing the GRAND PRIX music pack vol.20 (グランプリ楽曲パック vol.20).
Song Production Information
The theme of this song is the sorrowful fate of a single man. Cursed with eternal separation from his family, he boards a shuttle alone in silence. I'll leave the story from here on to your imagination. I hope you can draw the story from the sound of the music.
I, Killer, have teamed up with D.J.Amuro to prepare the song with the highest number of notes so far. I hope you, too, can experience the "Solitary journey to Pluto, from which there is no return".
Video Production Information
I composed this video from the simplification of a certain object and used tantalizingly slow movement. It'd be neat if you saw the character 冥 looking at it from a different angle.
Movie Produced by KAZUYA TAKAHASHI (IMAGICA DC21)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards.
Toy'sMarch difficulty rated from 1 to 5. Renda notes are counted as 1 note. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and tminfo.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→16 EMPRESS||-||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS→Present||3||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||3||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||3||5||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||3||5||10||12||-||5||11||12||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||137 / 1||255 / 7||443 / 8||616 / 12||730 / 10 / 0||280 / 7||415 / 12||585 / 7||684 / 14 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX→Present||3||7||11||16||18||7||↑12||15||18|
|DanceDanceRevolution II / hottest party 5||3||7||11||16||18||7||11||15||18|
|DanceDanceRevolution GRAND PRIX||3||7||11||16||18||7||12||15||18|