Artist: Amuro vs Killer
Composition/Arrangement: Amuro & Killer
Genre: HUMAN SEQUENCER
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution X2
- Toy's March 2
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of 冥 by kors k, titled 冥 -0720Daddy's tenderness mix-, appears on the cyber beatnation 1st conclusion album.
- A rock remix of 冥 by 164, titled 冥 Rockin' SWING REMIX, can be found in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- 冥 is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY. To play 冥, you must Hard Clear SCREAM SQUAD's ANOTHER chart with a AA grade or higher.
- The kanji used for the title (冥) is associated with darkness and is most commonly used in the word 冥王星 (meiousei), the Japanese word for the planet Pluto ("planet of the lord of darkness").
- The arcade beatmania IIDX LED ticker displays the song as "MEI(TAKASH)", a portmanteau of "dj TAKA" and "Tatsh".
- 冥 is arguably one of the hardest single songs to play, with 2000 notes occurring over two minutes (over 17 notes per second at some points), and it took over two years for a ranking of AAA to be obtained.
- For this reason, 冥 has been the final stage of every SP Kaiden course in the arcade beatmania IIDX titles since it was introduced in beatmania IIDX 13 Distorted.
- In DanceDanceRevolution X2, 冥 is one of the unlockable songs of the Ganbare PiX Kirakira douchuu (がんばれPiX キラキラ道中) event. It can be unlocked by having destroyed 800 planets, and launching PiX to a total distance of 490,000-520,000 light-years.
- As of February 23rd, 2011, 冥 has been unlocked for normal play.
- Also, as of April 1st, 2011, 冥's CHALLENGE charts have been unlocked for normal play.
- In the arcade DanceDanceRevolution titles, 冥 features its beatmania IIDX video. However, it plays in the background of roppongi EVOLVED ver.D's background dance stage and is not full-screen.
- In DanceDanceRevolution II/DanceDanceRevolution hottest party5, 冥's video removes any on-screen dancers and is played in a tiny monitor on the opposite side of the player on Single and in the center on Double/Versus, due to Nintendo Wii memory limitations.
- On the American and European releases of DanceDanceRevolution, 冥's title is romanized as MEI.
- 冥 appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the beatmania IIDX Song Pack 3.
- 冥 was available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' championship Mode from August 10th to 21st, 2016
- On August 22nd, 2016, it was added to standard Mode for anyone who had played the PREMIUM∞CUP in championship Mode at least once.
- 冥 was one of the qualifying round songs in the The 6th KONAMI Arcade Championship for DanceDanceRevolution A.
Song Production Information
The theme of this song is the sorrowful fate of a single man. Cursed with eternal separation from his family, he boards a shuttle alone in silence. I'll leave the story from here on to your imagination. I hope you can draw the story from the sound of the music.
I, Killer, have teamed up with D.J.Amuro to prepare the song with the highest number of notes so far. I hope you, too, can experience the "Solitary journey to Pluto, from which there is no return".
Video Production Information
I composed this video from the simplification of a certain object and used tantalizingly slow movement. It'd be neat if you saw the character 冥 looking at it from a different angle.
Movie Produced by KAZUYA TAKAHASHI (IMAGICA DC21)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||5||10||12||5||11||12|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||3||5||10||12||5||11||12|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||5||10||12||5||11||12|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||10||12||5||11||12|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||12||5||11||12|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||137 / 1||255 / 7||443 / 8||616 / 12||730 / 10 / 0||280 / 7||415 / 12||585 / 7||684 / 14 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX→Present||3||7||11||16||18||7||↑12||15||18|
|DanceDanceRevolution II / hottest party 5||3||7||11||16||18||7||11||15||18|