I created the talk page for more of a discussion instead of a plan for RemyWiki. I've been curious.
- Are we trying to add Long versions of songs if possible to song pages?
- Adding translated lyrics?
- Adding romaji to lyrics?
- Translating song names into what they mean?
I realize the wiki is far from complete, but I thought it was best to maybe put this out so we can have a good base of what we can also add/may not need to add to the pages. I've seen some pages with romaji, translated song names, or more recently was someone deleting full/long version lyrics to make it more relevant to the lyrics that were only on the song. Lau (talk) 08:10, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Only to KONAMI originals.
- Not a priority. --FinalOffset (talk) 11:34, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Personally I don't mind as long as they're correct (as in, they make sense given the original lyrics). --FinalOffset (talk) 03:36, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
Technical specifications for games/hardware
- What do you guys think about having the technical specs for these games/cabinets on here? imo it'd be a great addition as there's no real "central" place to get specs for these games and it could be useful for AC ops. I know a lot of users who'd love to contribute to this kind of thing. --Corin (talk) 08:47, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
- I mentioned before that I got approached by someone from Korea who wanted to translate the wiki into Korean with his friends and asked what you guys thought about having a Korean translation namespace for here but got no reply. I recently now have been approached by someone from China wanting to translate it into Chinese so I'll just ask it here, would you guys mind language specific namespaces? --Corin (talk) 08:47, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
Tokimeki Idol series
Since BEMANI seems to be including more songs from the new (not yet released - correct me if I'm wrong) franchise, is it possible to make/ok to create an artist page that covers it, similar to ひなビタ♪ - covering the songs from the franchise and singles/albums releases?
It would also help out with vocal section of the songs added to BEMANI (see DREAMING-ING!!) by linking it to that page and then mention which character is featured in the song; still figuring out how to make the vocal list work though... any thoughts? - QueenZ (talk) 01:49, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- I don't think it's a good idea. Unlike ひなビタ♪, which started tied with BEMANI and still is highly tied with it, Tokimeki Idol is its own game, from another Konami franchise, which happens to have a handful of songs in BEMANI - see Otoca d'or as well. --FinalOffset (talk) 02:01, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- I see, then I guess making a template would be the next best thing to do then? (same for Otoca d'or) - QueenZ (talk) 02:13, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, just created templates for both games. --FinalOffset (talk) 06:11, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- I saw on the website they only planned to port five songs to BEMANI games, so I guess the promotion is over now --UBerserker (talk) 10:30, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- Gotcha, didn't know that. That further solidifies my idea of not creating a separate page for it then. --FinalOffset (talk) 16:06, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
Songs with samples as lyrics
So lately I've been slowly removing the "Some/Several vocal samples..." lines from some songs that have nothing but assorted samples. However, I've kept songs like PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME and LET THEM MOVE which basically the entire song is one sample. Thoughts on this? --FinalOffset (talk) 16:33, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- I'm all for it, keeping lyrics for songs that only use samples as it's main vocal source, like in songs you mentioned or if they're written in an original soundtrack booklet / listed in-game (like Brain Power or Aria On G-Strings (Bab2MIX) and Que Pasa).
While on the topic of lyrics and samples, how are we going mention the Song Samples for songs that share samples, similar to how we setup the "gallery" for multiple graphics? Like have it written in the Song Connections / Remixes section as: This song has / (or the song's name) shares a sample with other songs. For more information, please see this page. Unlike how we have it written and formatted for the graphics, figured we can just type it out normally without the bold and italic. Thoughts? - QueenZ (talk) 18:35, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think that is worth mentioning, the difference with the Galleries was that those were made for tidying pages with many images, while the Song Samples have already a page for them, and can be contained there (remember how much of a mess were things like "Somebody scream" mentioned on 10+ pages). --FinalOffset (talk) 21:54, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- I think the lyrics of the sampled vocals need to be officially accertained first. We can't just play it by ear because people are going to hear it differently. I thought everyone knew that line in bass 2 bass was "Motherfucker need to buy me a nympho", for example. --ArrowsAndBeats (talk) 22:55, 26 September 2018 (UTC)