- 1 Holic
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Video Production Information
- 1.8 Difficulty & Notecounts
Song Connections / Remixes
- Holic is part of TaQ's "-ic" series of songs.
- A mix of Holic with stoic appears on TaQ's bounce connected album.
- Holic runs in three different time signatures on each part: 7/8 from the beginning, 7/4 during the middle, and 4/4 near the end.
- Holic received a Single BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- Via a glitch, it even received a Single CHALENGE chart. It is actually a copy of its Single HEAVY chart.
- Holic is one of the first beatmania IIDX songs to have a Level 11 chart in Single Play mode (the other one is R5, also debuting in the same game).
- Holic's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
Song Production Information
Here is TaQ's latest production, the hard techno song Holic. By the way, a lot of people have been asking, "How do you pronounce TaQ?" The correct answer is "Taku". In German, Q is pronounced like "ku". TaQ spent his childhood years in Germany, and it looks like "TaQ" is a favorite nickname he picked up there. I think there are a lot of people who think TaQ's works have a certain German techno feel to them, including Holic; this may be why.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "Holic" by TaQ. If you like the words "dark", "fast", and "hard techno", then you should also add the word "Holic" to your list.
Video Production Information
The catch copy for 3rd style is "CYBERbeatNATION"; it seems the songs that express this particular world view the best are probably dj TAKA's LEADING CYBER and this song, "Holic" from TaQ. If I had to say why, it's because they're songs that give you a very dark feeling with faltering or becoming depressing; they're both song that are overflowing with a violent energy that seems to suck you in.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7 in 3rd and 4th style, 1 to 7+ in 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onward. beatmania US difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||4||6||N/A||-||4||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→6th style||-||4||↑7||N/A||-||↑6||↑7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style||-||4||7||N/A||-||↑7||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style||-||4||7||N/A||-||↓6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style||-||4||7||N/A||-||↓6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||4||7||N/A||-||↑7||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||4||7||N/A||-||↓6||↑8+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→18 Resort Anthem||-||4||7||11||-||↑7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle→Present||-||↑5||7||11||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||4||6||6||-||4||6||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||3||4||7||7||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||4||7||7||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||3||4||7||7||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||3||4||7||11||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||4||7||11||-||7||10||12||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||103 / 0||189 / 0||228 / 0||313 / 0||- / - / -||198 / 0||232 / 0||336 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX CS||-||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|DDRMAX CS US||-||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX Solo→4thMIX PLUS Solo||4||6||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX CS||4||6||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||4||6||8|
|TaQ's "-ic" series of songs|
|Holic - stoic - symbolic|