Artist: dj TAKA
Composition/Arrangement: Takayuki Ishikawa
Length: 1:58 (beatmania IIDX), 1:44 (DanceDanceRevolution)
VJ: VJ YUZ
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of Abyss by Ryu☆, titled Abyss -The Heavens Remix-, appears in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- Another remix of Abyss by borzy, titled Abyss (sharp stepp remix), appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series uses a shorter version of Abyss.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- According to the DanceDanceRevolution staff, the creatures in Abyss' graphics are from a gentle seabed tribe, and they're named Taro (left) and Hanako (right).
- Abyss received a Single BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- In DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX, Abyss' artist is credited to dj. TAKA.
- Abyss received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- Abyss can be unlocked from July 6th, 2016, on beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' Akashic Explore event.
Song Production Information
During the production of 5th style, I had to replace the sampler I used for the brunt of my tracking work; you can say that this song, Abyss, is a posthumous work created by the original.
From the rhythm parts to the voices, piano, and strings, many sounds are all combined into one vehicle, as is appropriate for its final work. Still, the old machine didn't have enough memory for all of the instruments playing at once, so I used it to get a basic arrangement of the piece, and then switched to the ripply version you hear for the new hardware.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "Abyss" by dj. TAKA. This song will take you on a journey through atmospheric melodies and driving house beats.
Video Production Information
I'm paying dj TAKA back for a favor (he also wrote Frozen Ray for KEYBOARDMANIA 3rdMIX). Well, so I say. I just wanted to make a special video for a dj TAKA song...
So, the imagery for the video flows freely from the atmosphere of the song; it definitely isn't meant to stand alone! Engrossed in thoughts like these, I was able to, after some difficulty, bring this project to its end. I listened to Abyss while going to sleep all the time so I could get a proper feel for how the imagery should work...
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||6||N/A||-||6||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||5||↑7||8||-||6||↑8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→Present||-||5||7||8||-||↑7||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||5||6||6||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||5||6||6||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||7||8||-||7||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||7||8||-||7||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||7||8||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||117 / 0||168 / 0||234 / 0||309 / 0||- / - / -||171 / 0||233 / 0||309 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||2||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DDRMAX CS US||-||2||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed DLC||-||2||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2 DLC||N/A||2||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3 DLC||N/A||2||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4 DLC||N/A||2||5||7||-||3||5||7||-|