Composition/Arrangement: Tomoyuki Uchida
Lyrics: Masayuki Okazaki
Genre: DANCE POP
VJ: shiro (art by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 6th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
あくせく働いたら あとは眠りにつくだけ そんな日々過ごしても うんざりするほど退屈さ すれ違う他人の目に 映る景色よりももっと 思うまんま生きるのさ かならずイイコトあるだろう どんなツキがオレを照らしてる 胸騒ぎが続くの? 夜を越えて時間を飛び越え この世界を駆けぬけて行け
akuseku hataraitara ato wa nemuri ni tsukudake sonna hibi sugoshite mo unzari suru hodo taikutsusa surechigau hito no me ni utsuru keshiki yori mo motto omou manma ikiru no sa kanarazu ii koto aru darou donna tsuki ga ore wo terashiteru munasawagi ga tsuzuku no? yoru wo koete jikan wo tobikoe kono sekai wo kakenukete ike
Song Connections / Remixes
- Free Style is a remix of PASSWORD, the password background music from beatmania IIDX 5th style.
- Free Style marks Masayuki Okazaki's debut in BEMANI. Masayuki is a guitarist, performer, and singer. He was briefly with the popular J-POP group Stardust Revue, a Japanese band who've been performing since 1979. He would later contribute to other BEMANI songs under the Hedel Bendel alias.
- Free Style was (at the time) the first original Tomoyuki Uchida song with vocals.
- It is his only vocal song in beatmania IIDX with vocals not provided by his brother, Hiro.
- According to Tomoyuki Uchida, dj TAKA requested the artist name as a fictional pop group named Shapes.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ (up to 9th style) or 8 (10th style).
beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED difficulty rated from 1 to 8+.
beatmania IIDX difficulty from HAPPY SKY onwards rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||6||N/A||5||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||5||6||7||↑6||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||3||5||6||6||5||6||-|