- 1 革命
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Video Production Information
- 1.8 Difficulty & Notecounts
Artist: dj TAKA with NAOKI
Composition: Frédéric Chopin
Arrangement: dj TAKA
VJ: shiro (generic video and unique overlays)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 7th style / DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- 革命 is an arrangement of Frédéric Chopin's Étude in C minor, (The Revolutionary Étude) op. 10 no. 12.
- 革命 is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song for both beatmania IIDX 7th style and DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-.
- To access 革命 as the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE in DDRMAX2, you must clear MAXX UNLIMITED as the EXTRA STAGE with a AA or higher.
- 革命 displays a fluctuating GROOVE RADAR only during the DDRMAX2 ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE.
- In DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-, 革命's artist was credited as dj. TAKA with NAOKI.
- 革命 is the only brand-new song in DDRMAX2 with a full set of charts that also had CHALLENGE charts.
- 革命 marks Takayuki Ishikawa's first non-crossover contribution to the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- Kakumei (革命) means "revolution".
- This is a reference to the original song of which 革命 is based off of, The Revolutionary Étude.
- 革命's beatmania IIDX charts were made by ucchie.
- 革命's DanceDanceRevolution charts were made by G島.
- 革命 received a Single BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- 革命 received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- In American and European releases of DanceDanceRevolution, 革命's title was romanized as KAKUMEI. It received new graphics to reflect the title change.
- 革命 (X-Special) is one of the X-Special ENCORE EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from 7/30/2009.
- To play 革命 (X-Special) in DanceDanceRevolution X, you must get at least a AA on MAXX UNLIMITED (X-Special) as the EXTRA STAGE.
- As of 10/1/2009, 革命 (X-Special) was unlocked for normal play.
- 革命 appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the Mega Mix 3 pack.
- 革命 reuses background graphics from MORE THAN I NEEDED TO KNOW, LOOK AT US (Daddy DJ Remix), and THERE YOU'LL BE.
Song Production Information
So NAOKI said to me, "why not do a song with a revolutionary theme together"? However, I was nervous about being able to finish this song, as production was already late into 7th style when he asked me of this. I know that the song title translates into "Revolution", which I kept in mind while making this song and the state of the song. The DDR and IIDX teams decided to have the song as a hidden song in both games, which we managed to do near the end of the schedule's build. The following song produced under these conditions is this "revolution". NAOKI's piano music provides the basic track, where the orchestra arrangements I provide finished up the song process while in the lean progression of making the song.
The artist name is credited to "dj TAKA with NAOKI", but with ucchie writing the charts and Jiishima-kun in charge of the DDR charts, the directors of both DDR and IIDX, as well as both teams' crews, we really worked together as team players to coincide with everyone's schedules. And thus we made music together.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "KAKUMEI" by dj TAKA with NAOKI. "KAKUMEI" is a dance remake of Frederic Chopin's enchanting musical piece "Revolutionary" which was originally written by the famous Polish composer in 1831. Coincidentally, "KAKUMEI" is English means "Revolution".
Video Production Information
So for beat#1, we decided to enrol Kakumei as the first and last boss song of all time, right?
That is, until we heard someone on staff checked for bugs and noted that MAX 300 had been HARD cleared.
..on autoplay. (Weak.)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→9th style||—||6||7+||N/A||6||7+||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||—||6||8||N/A||6||8||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||—||6||↑8+||N/A||6||↑8+||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||—||6||↑10||10||6||↑11||12|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||—||6||10||10||6||↑12||12|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||—||6||10||10||↑7||12||12|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||※1||6||7+||7+||6||7+||7+|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||※1||6||7+||7+||6||7+||7+|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS||2||6||10||10||7||12||12|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||2||6||10||10||7||12||12|
※ These BEGINNER charts are different from their later console appearances (total notes: 235)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||103 / 0||128 / 32||237 / 15||371 / 7||317 / 7 / 0||109 / 34||193 / 26||365 / 2||305 / 2 / 0|
|Dancing Stage Fusion||1||4||6||9||8||3||5||9||8|
|DDRMAX2 JP/US CS||—||4||6||9||8||3||5||9||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME JP CS||1||4||6||9||8||3||5||9||8|
|Dancing Stage Fever (PS2)||1||4||6||9||8||3||5||9||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed||1||4||6||9||—||3||5||9||—|
|Dancing Stage Fusion CS||1||※4||※6||※9||※8||※3||※5||※9||※8|
※ These charts don't have Freeze Arrows in the PlayStation version of Dancing Stage Fusion CS.
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||378 / 21 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||377 / 19 / 0|