Composition/Arrangement: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
First Music Game Appearance: DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- MAXX UNLIMITED is part of the MAX series of songs.
- MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me Mix) from DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 is heavily based on MAXX UNLIMITED instead of MAX 300, despite its name.
- 桜 shares many elements with MAXX UNLIMITED, as mentioned by Naoki Maeda in 桜's Song Production Information.
- MAXX UNLIMITED is DDRMAX2's EXTRA STAGE. To access it, you must AA a HEAVY chart in the FINAL STAGE. Clearing MAXX UNLIMITED with a AA or higher lets you access 革命 as the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE.
- In the CS releases of DDRMAX2, CHALLENGE charts can also be used.
- From DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME onwards, MAXX UNLIMITED is playable by default.
- With 105 jumps, MAXX UNLIMITED's Single BASIC chart has the highest number of jumps for any Single BASIC chart in the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- It is also the first BASIC chart to have over 100 jumps.
- Despite that MAXX UNLIMITED's BPM is displayed as 140-320, it actually slows down to 48 just before the stop.
- MAXX UNLIMITED received a Single BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- MAXX UNLIMITED received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- MAXX UNLIMITED's Single DIFFICULT chart was slightly modified in DanceDanceRevolution X, fixing some note quantizations.
- MAXX UNLIMITED(X-Special) is one of the X-Special EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from July 30th, 2009 by obtaining AA on a set of CHALLENGE-only songs before the FINAL STAGE.
- As of October 1st, 2009, MAXX UNLIMITED(X-Special) has been unlocked for normal play.
- From DanceDanceRevolution X2 onwards, MAXX UNLIMITED(X-Special) appears in the DanceDanceRevolution X folder instead of the DDRMAX2 folder.
- MAXX UNLIMITED was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for DanceDanceRevolution (2013).
- Since June 1st, 2017 in DanceDanceRevolution A, MAXX UNLIMITED(X-Special) no longer appears in the song selection screen if the player does not use an e-amusement pass.
Song Production Information
Positioned as DDR MAX2's most difficult song, it's an upper techno song unique to this game, with the BPM going up to 320, the fastest in the series.
Honestly, until I became involved in music production of music games, it was impossible to create a BPM320 song as a dance music. Anyways, those who can dance to a BPM320 song with an unprecedented dance style, to summarize in one word, are amazing.
CS Information Data
You have overcome many obstacles to unlock the song "MAXX UNLIMITED" by Z. Clocking in at a blazing fast BPM, this is one of the hardest and fastest songs you will ever encounter. For additional challenge, check out this song's predecessor, "MAX 300", in DDRMAX Dance Dance Revolution.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||94 / 0||222 / 49||333 / 62||555 / 56||- / - / -||150 / 69||300 / 55||500 / 23||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX→Present||5||10||13||↑16||-||7||12||15||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS JP||-||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS NA||3||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||3||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|Dancing Stage Fever (PS2)||3||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||3||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||640 / 104 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||596 / 41 / 0|
|MAX series of songs|
|Main Series||MAX 300 - MAXX UNLIMITED - The legend of MAX|
|Remixes / Related Songs||MAX.(period) - MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me Mix) - Fascination MAXX - Fascination ～eternal love mix～ - ΔMAX|
MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX - MAX 360