Artist: kors k
Composition/Arrangement: kors k
BPM: 80-160 (DanceDanceRevolution), 160 (REFLEC BEAT)
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution (2013)
Other Music Game Appearances:
- REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2
- ミライダガッキ FutureTomTom Ver.2
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended version of Monkey Business, titled Monkey Business(Extended), can be found on kors k's sixth album, S2TB Files3:Subsonic Tribe.
- A remix of Monkey Business by lapix, titled Monkey Business (lapix Remix), can be found in SOUND VOLTEX II -infinite infection-.
- Another remix of Monkey Business by LeaF, titled Monkey Business -Satire mix-, can be found in SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS.
- Another remix of Monkey Business by daph, titled Monkey Business(Band Edit.), can also be found in SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS.
- Monkey Business is DanceDanceRevolution (2013)'s default EXTRA STAGE song.
- As of April 24th, 2013, you could freely select Monkey Business' difficulties as the EXTRA STAGE.
- As of June 26th, 2013, you could play Monkey Business' CHALLENGE chart as the EXTRA STAGE.
- As of August 1st, 2013, Monkey Business has been unlocked for normal play.
- Monkey Business is one of the songs featured on the BEMANI SONGS ～Best of DanceDanceRevolution～ video.
- Monkey Business is one of the hidden unlockable songs of REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2. It could be unlocked from May 16th, 2016 by playing 加油！元気猿！ on the 1st ROUND and the SPECIAL charts for either ギミチョコ!! or 混ぜるな危険 on the 2nd ROUND.
- Monkey Business marks Kosuke Saito's first EXTRA STAGE song in the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, Monkey Business was revived on July 14th, 2017.
Song Production Information
Lately, Dubstep has exploded in popularity all over the world, to the point of reaching a state of oversaturation. It's at the point that you'd ask yourself, "Is it alright to make another dubstep track now?" since Trap has been on a boom and taking over.
In Monkey Business, I created a song that's Hard Electrik (Hard Dance + Electro) with Trap. It's a sound rapidly gathering an audience, blending Hip Hop, Dubstep, Hard Style, and Juke. Being a fan of trendy music, how could I resist?
The title "Monkey Business" (which means "trickery" and "deception") due to the evil gangster image of hip hop as well as the primate-like noises of the synths at the beginning of the track. I think it's a bit more subdued than my works on other series, but DDR gave me the chance to make the music I wanted to at the moment, so I was able to have fun in the creation. The game's sequence data incorporates that stomping dance step found in juke. It might challenge your stamina, but I hope you all enjoy it.
In kors k's words: the genre is "Trolling Ook-Ooky!"
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards.
REFLEC BEAT difficulty rated from 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||118 / 0||253 / 23||348 / 49||445 / 17||651 / 52 / 0||255 / 23||353 / 34||449 / 9||635 / 59 / 0|
|REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2||4||7||9||11|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||6||9||11||13|