Artist: nite system
Composition/Arrangement: nite system
Movie: VJ GYO (overlays by MiZKiNG)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- The full version of perfect free appears on the beatmania HIROSHI WATANABE beat indication album.
- The ANOTHER version of perfect free sounds different from the version of the song used by the other difficulties.
- perfect free received ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX substream.
- perfect free lost its unique video in beatmania IIDX 2nd style. However, it received its unique video back in beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS.
- perfect free received LIGHT charts in beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS.
- In the DanceDanceRevolution series, perfect free's title is capitalized as PERFECT FREE.
- In DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX, perfect free reuses butterfly (UPSWING MIX)'s background animations.
- PERFECT FREE received a Double MANIAC chart in DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX. However, it's identical to its Double TRICK chart.
Song Production Information
Here's a House song from Hiroshi Watanabe, a Regular Staff Member for beatmania. Truth is, this track was recorded in New York, about the same time as 3rdMIX. There's bound to be people from shows, location tests etc. who've heard it before. We prefer playing through its high-impact opening phrases at the maximum volume.
DanceDanceRevolution 2ndReMIX APPEND CLUB VERSiON vol.1
From the introduction, in which a flood of various sounds overlap like a flood over the beat ticked by the light rhythm machine TR909, this song develops into a speedy backing syncopation of the organ. The repeated sampling of the word "Free" and the speedy groove, in contrast to the deliberate chaos of the sample fragments of the female chorus, make the listener question the word "Free" in its entirety.
Video Production Information
As the name "House Music" implies, you don't usually listen to it outdoors. And obviously when you dance to House Music, you do it indoors as well - on the dance floor. But MiZKiNG and I, thinking this was too ordinary, asked our dancer Nishi for a huge favor: to do an improvised dance out in the streets. Despite making discontent faces and reluctant complaints, like "The bike's in the shot!", he danced vigorously for us in the unusually hot weather.
When it was all over, I remember him laughing and being happy about the experience.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 5 in 1st and substream, and 1 to 7 in 2nd and 3rd style.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX substream||-||-||↓3||N/A||-||-||↓3||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||↑4||N/A||-||-||↑4||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||2||3||N/A||-||2||3||N/A||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||149 / 0||203 / 0||212 / 0||- / - / -||208 / 0||209 / 0||209 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX CLUB VERSiON 2||-||5||6||7||-||6||7||-||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 2ndReMIX APPEND CLUB VERSiON vol.1||-||5||6||7||-||6||7||-||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution CLUB VERSiON (DC)||-||5||6||7||-||6||7||-||-|