Composition: Kohta Takahashi, L.V.Beethoven
Arrangement: Kohta Takahashi
Genre: HARD SONATA
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED
Other Music Game Appearances: None
Song Connections / Remixes
- RESONATE 1794's second half is an arrangement of Beethoven's Grand Piano Sonata "Pathetique", Mvt. 1.
- The original soundtrack version of RESONATE 1794 does not have the CORE ARENA background sounds.
- RESONATE 1794 marks the debut of Kohta Takahashi in BEMANI.
- RESONATE 1794's video is the third part of the CORE ARENA series. All the CORE ARENA songs have related videos that tell a story over the course of the series.
- The number "1794" refers to the year Beethoven began work on his first piano sonata.
- RESONATE 1794 is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from October 3rd, 2018, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
Hello, IIDX fans, nice to meet you. My name is KOHTA.
Here's an introduction for the song for this episode.
On a certain day, at a certain place in Roppongi, I overheard an argument between HES and TAKA as they were drinking. Overwhelmed by excitement for the games the two produced, and by HES' cool graphics, the two made their way to their seats at a party. And TAKA, who was drunk, kept getting excited over and over.
TAKA "Huh! Isn't this amazing fun! I'm really looking forward to it!"
KOHTA "Y-yeah, it really is fun ... " *wow, what pressure*
Just what you'd expect from the famous producer, TAKA. And, as it happened, it also managed to get me really excited about the next game too, since I love working under pressure.
On that day, I set forth to make a song that wasn't dance music or BGM but BEMANI, just for myself. My travels led me to cross space and time to the year AD 1794. This is the year that a series of sonatas were started by a great composer that many consider seminal. At length I realized that these beautiful, yet tempestuous, sounds had begun to resonate deep within my heart. I was inspired by his boundless energy for life, and sought to express it with wildy guitars and synths and my 909. The descendant of those fleeting sonatas, styled in the fashions of today ... that is RESONATE 1794. Crossing epochs and generations, this is my my own message of love to all of BEMANI fans.
Video Production Information
Climax movie [EPISODE 3] -enemy approaching-
"Target acquired. Engage combat mode." Drawing on all its power, the terminal begins the battle. Can it really come out victorious? "DESTROY THE CORE!"
I approached this work with a desire to emphasize a feeling of speed while also drawing out a refreshing sense.
Since the movie for "RESONATE 1794" was a little special in this series, being the climax, I waited until the song was complete before starting work on the video. This time I also decided to try an experiment by having KOHTA add sound effects matching my images. Since this video was a battle scene, I felt it was best to provide as much exposition as possible.
The big scenes:
- The appearance of the CORE
- The scene where the CORE is damaged by the terminal's vulcan cannons
- The scene where the CORE's attack results in a direct hit
- The scene where the terminal chases the CORE, and their mutual laser attacks results in the CORE's destruction
- A scene where the CORE crumbles away to nothing
Since this video was the highlight of the introduction - development - climax - conclusion sequence, this video also had a lot of cuts.
Below are the prototype images I showed KOHTA for the RESONATE 1794 video.
■ beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED ☆Intro, development, climax, conclusion MOVIE - HES (draft - "climax")
A generally majestic, melodious song with a driving sense behind it. It would be nice if it had the sound of bells in it. Good genres would be NU-NRG, hard house, or trance.
■ Advance images from the movie (linked to from the original page with notes below)
- PHASE 01 - The boss, the "CORE", appears, accompanied by a quiet bit of music
- PHASE 02 - battle scene - destroying the CORE's shields with machine guns isn't very effective
- PHASE 03 - the CORE's counterattack is a direct hit
- PHASE 04 - the white ship comes back with full-energy counter to the CORE's attempted finishing blow. The beams collide, but the CORE's attack is overpowered, resulting in damage to the CORE.
- PHASE 05 - the CORE begins to disintegrate.
※ Since the background for all of this is a program going by at high speed, I've chosen images that reflect that sense of speed.
It's a little different from the completed version, but I think it all came together well. The addition of sound effects really helped the video come to life.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||5||8||N/A||-||4||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→17 SIRIUS||-||5||↑10||11||-||4||↑10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||5||10||11||-||4||↑11||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||2||5||8||8+||-||4||8+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||11||-||4||11||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||10||11||-||-||-||-||-|
|HES' CORE ARENA series of videos|
|spiral galaxy - ANDROMEDA - RESONATE 1794 - earth scape|