Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics: Akira Yamaoka
Genre: NEW ROMANTIC
Movie: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
ひとつ 扉の向こうで待ちわび ふたつ 逝ってはいけない闇をも みっつ おしえてあげるよ証拠（あかし）を よっつ 誰もが隠し持っている いつつ おしえて欲望の味を むっつ 怯えたあなたの中まで ななつ 苛立ち抱えて眠りな やっつ 閉ざされ朽ち果て堕落 すべてをつつむ 聖なる永遠（とわ）よ (rislim get you) (rislim get you) (rislim get you) すべてを失い すべてを手放し 過去を背負われ 未来に捕らわれ ささげてわたしの胸の傷口を 闇の天使が微笑むそこには すべてをつつむ 聖なる永遠（とわ）よ (rislim get you) (rislim get you) (rislim get you) 光り募る月よ 闇をはなつ月よ 乾いたこころにふれるように 孤独を照らして 月の光よ 闇に燃え 時は過ぎ去っても 笑顔も涙も失った月よ 幻の舞う 世界の中 心閉ざし そして目覚める
hitotsu tobira no mukou de machi wabi futatsu yutte wa ikenai yami wo mo mittsu oshiete ageru yo akashi wo yottsu dare mo ga kakushi motte iru itsutsu oshiete yokubou no aji wo muttsu obieta anata no naka made nanatsu iradachi kakaete nemuri na yattsu tozasare kuchi hate daraku subete wo tsutsumu seinaru towa yo (rislim get you) (rislim get you) (rislim get you) subete wo ushinai subete wo te banashi kako wo seoware mirai ni toraware sasagete watashi no mune no kizuguchi wo yami no tenshi ga hohoemu soko ni wa subete wo tsutsumu seinaru towa yo (rislim get you) (rislim get you) (rislim get you) hikari tsunoru tsuki yo yami wo hanatsu tsuki yo kawaita kokoro ni fureru you ni kodoku wo terashite tsuki no hikari yo yami ni moe toki wa sugi saratte mo egao mo namida mo ushinatta tsuki yo maboroshi no mau sekai no naka kokoro tozashi soshite mezameru
1. tired of waiting by the gate 2. for even the deathless darkness 3. I will give you proof 4. that everyone carries hidden away 5. tell me the taste of hope 6. deep within your fear 7. irritated sleep in your arms 8. sealed away, decaying in obscurity O, holy eternity that engulfs everything (rislim get you) (rislim get you) (rislim get you) Losing everything, relinqushing all Burdened by the past, trapped by the future Consecrate this wound in my heart; There, an angel of darkness smiles O, holy eternity that engulfs everything (rislim get you) (rislim get you) (rislim get you) O, moon that invites the light, O, moon that frees the darkness, Trembling as if your soul had dried out The moon shines down on my solitude Even as time burns into the darkness This moon that's lost both tears and laughter Dancing amidst a world of illusions She closes her heart, and then awakens
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of RISLIM by Hisashi Nawata, titled RISLIM -Remix-, can found in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- An extended rock remix of RISLIM can found on AKIRA YAMAOKA's first album, iFUTURELIST.
- RISLIM was supposed to have a full video by GOLI (which would've made it his first standalone video in beatmania IIDX), but was cut back to a few images due to production deadlines. A similar problem later occurred with moon_child.
- According to the official beatmania 5th style website's Q&A, RISLIM's song title was just thought up by Akira while he was making the song.
- RISLIM's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- RISLIM is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) from January 6th, 2021 after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
I think it's really cool *g*
I'm probably the only one though ... *g*
Well, when you hear the song, and the question comes to mind, "What does RISLIM mean?" ... I think it's a great nuance.
Video Production Information
Yamaoka-san! I'm sorry.
I should have made this movie myself. Yes. However, in the end, I made it as a sequence of key animations. Yes. I really am very sorry. (By the way, I produced over 20 times the material for this song than what you see .... ... but in the battle for time and storage, it fell down to these three images.)
Among all of 5th style, doesn't this song stand out the most? It's a very concentrated piece of music. I can hear it within this work. I want to take it to its limits, building up every little piece until it reaches its maximum potential, without having to worry about burdening the other staff ...... If I had to pick the best song from 5th style, it'd be this, the second installation in Yamaoka-san's "Moon" series.
Here are the lyrics to the song, which i requested from Yamaoka-san so I could work on the movie.
(cut, see the Lyrics section above)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||6||-||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||4||↑7||-||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||2||4||6||-||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||4||7||-||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||4||7||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||-||4||7||-||-||4||6||-||-|