Artist: sampling masters MEGA
Composition/Arrangement: Shinji Hosoe
BPM: 122 (beatmania IIDX), 122-244 (DanceDanceRevolution)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 6th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- route 80s shares the "Do you really think love can save you?" sample with LUV CAN SAVE U, from beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- In the DanceDanceRevolution series, route 80s' artist name is written as samplingmasters MEGA.
- route 80s' DanceDanceRevolution graphics were made by Takahiro Nakajima.
- In addition to several speed-ups to 244 BPM not present in beatmania IIDX, route 80s' DanceDanceRevolution charts also contain two stops, on the first two instances of the "Life is a movie, and you are the star" sample.
- route 80s received a proper Single BEGINNER chart and a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution STR!KE, which is based on Spin Spin Sugar (Armand's Dark Garage Mix)'s unique video from DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2.
- route 80s is a hidden revival in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS. It can be unlocked by playing 40 rounds.
- As of January 7th, 2009, it is available by default.
- route 80s is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from March 7th, 2018, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
- route 80s also appears as one of the background music selectable to play during Accel Rave Time (アクセルレイブタイム) in SEVEN'S BEAT (セブンスビート), a KONAMI medal redemption game.
Song Production Information
It's a bit more mature, with a bit more nostalgic groove. But I don't want to make it sound old-fashioned, and it may or may not have a bit of Trevor Horn. I wonder if it's different? Occasionally, I thought it would feel have a more relaxed feel, but it's completely different.... Thank you for letting me have a fun job.
Video Production Information
The theme is "pixels" and "love story?"
My personal impression is that this song makes me imagine games from the late 70's to early 80's. I initially thought it seemed interesting to create a video of a fictional game called "route 80s" and drew pixel art characters, but the idea grew too big to be realized within the time period, so it's now in this form.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ from 6th through 9th style, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style→9th style||-||5||7||N/A||-||6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS||-||↑6||↑8||9||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS→18 Resort Anthem||-||6||8||9||-||↑7||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle→Present||-||6||8||9||-||7||↑11||↑12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||3||5||7||7||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||8||9||-||7||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||8||9||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||99 / 0||155 / 20||247 / 15||319 / 1||- / - / -||118 / 16||228 / 11||330 / 12||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||⁂N/A||4||6||8||-||4||6||9||-|
⁂ Denotes that no proper chart data actually exists.