- Name: Shinji Hosoe (細江慎治)
- Birthdate: February 28th, 1967
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/shinji_hosoe
- Website: http://blog.megahan.net/
With work dating as far back as 1987, Shinji Hosoe is one of the big names in video game music in Japan. His style is reminiscent of early techno, rave, and gabber and he is considered one of the precursors of hardcore techno in beatmania IIDX, being one of the first composers to bring that style into the game. Other than that, he also composes and performs rock and classical tunes.
Prior to his first appearance in BEMANI, he got his start as a member of NAMCO's sound team, often composing for many of their arcade titles. During his time with NAMCO, he founded Troubadour Records in 1992, where he formed the sampling masters unit alongside Ayako Saso, Nobuyoshi Sano, and Takayuki Aihara. In 1996, he left NAMCO alongside Saso and the two continue to work as freelance artists, composing for ARIKA, SEGA, SNK, and various other companies. In 2012, he founded the indie label SuperSweep Records alongside Saso, where they self-publish their own works (both original and from video games) and also serve as a publisher for soundtracks featured in other games, continuing to use Troubadour Records for the hardcore-based over drive hell series of releases.
- Hosoe has several side projects with Ayako Saso and Nobuyoshi Sano. One of them is Oriental Magnetic Yellow, a parody of Yellow Magic Orchestra, a well known Japanese electronic band formed by famous composer Ryuichi Sakamoto.
- Incidentally, Ryuichi composed a song for his side project Manikyua-Dan.
- Hosoe composed music for the anime series No Game No Life.
- Hosoe has also produced music for many rhythm game series including GROOVE COASTER, DJMAX, CHUNITHM, and a few others.
- sampling masters MEGA
|outer wall||sampling masters MEGA||beatmania IIDX 5th style||TECHNO||✓||✓|
|tablets||sampling masters MEGA||beatmania IIDX 5th style||RAVE||✓||✓|
|route 80s||sampling masters MEGA||beatmania IIDX 6th style||NOISY||✓||✓|
|rottel-da-sun||sampling masters MEGA||beatmania IIDX 6th style||ROTTERDAM TECHNO||✓||✓|
|rottel-the-Mercury||sampling masters MEGA||beatmania IIDX 9th style||GABBA||✓||✓|
|1st Samurai||sampling masters MEGA||beatmania IIDX 10th style||OEDO TECHNO||✓||✓|
|VOX UP||sampling masters MEGA vs. 青龍||beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||ROTTERDAM TECHNO||✓||✓|
|Happy in commet||Sampling masters MEGA||DanceDanceRevolution Classroom Edition||-||✓||✓|
|Rocket grooving||Sampling masters MEGA||DanceDanceRevolution Pocket Edition||-||✓||✓|
|VOX RUSH||青龍×sampling masters MEGA & sampling masters AYA||jubeat plus||ROTTERDAM RAVE||✓||✓|
|EE-AL-K||Shinji Hosoe(REMIX)||KEYBOARDMANIA 3rdMIX||Far East||-||✓|
|SENSATION -from SALAMANDER2||Shinji Hosoe(REMIX)||KEYBOARDMANIA 3rdMIX||K-Generation||-||✓|
|Violently Car||sampling masters MEGA||pop'n music 13 カーニバル||RACING||✓||✓|
|Chat! Chat! Chat!||sampling masters MEGA||pop'n music portable||LOVELY CAT POP||✓||✓|
|TWINBEE'S HOME TOWN SONG （「ツインビー」より）||コナミ矩形波倶楽部 Arranged by スーパースィープ||ミライダガッキ FutureTomTom Ver.2||-||-||✓|