Not to be confused with Sometimes feat. Kanae Asaba.
Composition/Arrangement: Aya Sakuma
Mixing Engineer: Shinichi Kawasumi(Mixer's Lab)
Movie: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- sometime is the ending theme of beatmania IIDX 5th style in Arcade mode.
- sometime is an unlockable revival song in beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE's ARENA MODE. It can be unlocked from September 2nd, 2020 by collecting 50 ARENA CUBES.
- It received a brand-new Double ANOTHER chart upon its revival, as well as slightly modified Single NORMAL/HYPER and Double NORMAL charts.
- From February 25th, 2021, its charts can be purchased in beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER with ビストランガイド.
- From beatmania IIDX 29 CastHour onwards, it is available by default.
- sometime was added to beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE on June 9th, 2022. It can be purchased from the SHOP for 7 MM.
- sometime is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) from November 2nd, 2022 after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
"Sometime ... (in the future)" I created this song by following the image of scaling a seemingly endless staircase step by step while still always believing in the future. It's all about not staying in one place, and wanting to go forward, choosing from among many possible futures.
Video Production Information
Even though you can keep trying with your eyes on your hopes and dreams, there are always things that weigh on your mind, times when you look away but wish you hadn't, and things you just can't do on your own. But, if you resolve to start out with a single step, maybe you can achieve something solid in the face of "a staircase you can't see the end of", or maybe you'll crumble to dust, but the important thing is that you've decided to move forward. Maybe it's something like influencing the weather, which has an effect on how long a building will last ... I don't know.
... anyway, the subject matter of the movie has drifted a bit from Aya-san's vision. (In fact, this is the firts time I've had the chance to hear about her ideas.) Still, if you can accept the alternative message in the idea of TRAN not giving up, even though she's not very skilled, in the hopes that sometime ... ... it would make me happy.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ from 5th through 7th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||278 / 0||393 / 0||539 / 0||672 / 0||-||393 / 0||676 / 0||693 / 17||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→7th style||-||4||5||N/A||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||5||N/A||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→13 DistorteD||-||4||5||7||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→20 tricoro||-||4||5||7||-||5||↑8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE→Present||-||4||6||↑8||-||5||8||8||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||2||4||5||5||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||3||4||5||5||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||4||6||8||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||-||4||6||8||-||5||8||8||-|