Not to be confused with Real ～Lサイズの夢～.
Composition/Arrangement: Aya Sakuma
Mixing Engineer: Shinichi Kawasumi(Mixer's Lab)
Movie: VJ GYO (animation by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 Song Pack #10
Song Connections / Remixes
- Real's DanceDanceRevolution graphics were created by Chris Won.
- Real's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- Unused sound data for Real can be found in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper. Its internal ID is the same one used for 男々道, indicating it was supposed to appear as part of the 8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system, but was replaced.
- Real is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from June 3rd, 2020, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
In a word, it's about "reality".
At the most extreme ... I tried to tap into an inorganic world (it feels to me like a world of death), human nature, warmth, humanity, to make their fusion into myself, and grasp reality, then make it into this song.
By the way, for the final form of this song, the synth lead solo and general direction of this song was inspired by TAKA.
Video Production Information
Finally, it's here! An active drum'n'bass song!! Hahaha!!!
-two songs previously-
GOLI: "XXX-san. I finished this drawing."
VJ GYO: " ...... I don't know if it fits this song. Maybe if it was that ... "
VJ GYO: "It's just like when I was at school, Goli." GOLI: "??"
VJ GYO: "Well, when I would cut down the bamboo behind the house I used to live in with a sword."
Facts GOLI seems to know about VJ GYO's school days (well, in college):
- He took chinese martial arts.
- He assaulted the mountain ridges on a bike.
- HE CUT DOWN BAMBOO!!! *g*
"Well, doesn't this song need this kind of movie?"
And so it was decided.
"Well, that's a very dramatic story."
"A stoic drum'n'bass song ... it's full of images of seeking oneness with the sword, the very figure of a samurai that follows his road to its extremes." We really mean it! (It's kind of like that promotional video by a certain someone overseas.)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→9th style||-||5||6||N/A||-||6||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||5||↑7||N/A||-||↑7||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||5||7||N/A||-||7||↑8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→13 DistorteD||-||5||↑8||9||-||7||↑9||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→Present||-||5||8||9||-||7||9||↑11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||5||6||6||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||-||5||7||7||-||7||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||8||9||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||8||9||-||7||9||11||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||261 / 21||277 / 29||344 / 36||- / - / -||254 / 24||275 / 58||375 / 65||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2 DLC||⁂N/A||4||6||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3 DLC||⁂N/A||4||6||8||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4 DLC||⁂N/A||4||6||8||-||4||6||9||-|
⁂ Denotes that no proper chart data actually exists.