Song Connections / Remixes
- G2 is the spectral class of the Sun.
- G2 received a Single Black ANOTHER chart on beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST.
- G2's DanceDanceRevolution graphics were made by Takahiro Nakajima.
- G2 can be unlocked in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 and Dancing Stage Unleashed2 either by playing any 200 songs, or by clearing EXTRA 1 in Challenge Mode (which requires getting a full combo on G2 HEAVY with at least 90% PERFECTs).
- G2 received a unique video, different from its beatmania IIDX video, in DanceDanceRevolution STR!KE.
- It reuses Quickening's DDR unique video.
- G2 was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA.
- G2 was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on July 3rd, 2019 as part of the July 2019 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
Song Production Information
For me, the letter "G" has always had a dark image. If you had to give it a color, it'd be a thick blue mixed with black ......
When you write it with a pen, don't you see some sort of figure piercing a sacrificial body across from the round part?
What's with that ...
I wrote this song aggressively, so please play it aggressively!
Video Production Information
The impressive "bizarre" two letters that decide this song's personality lend themselves to appropriate musical phrases that repeat themselves throughout the song. The movie based its concept and execution on these phrases. To prepare a horror film type image from these phrases, we timed each phrase to various visual effects simulating a bad video tape: out of focus shots, electrical interference, tape degradation.
Extra visual appeal is added by complementing the characteristically high drum'n'bass rhythm with shining points of light, noise, and shifting image brightness in the movie.
We wanted to push the limits in horror film special effects, but as the date of the location test was quickly drawing near, and in reality it became difficult to borrow time from other staff members, we turned to CG to create the feeling of on-the-spot camerawork. We also played on the fear created by a disaster involving someone close to you ... it left something of a bad taste in our mouths at first, but we made a monster based on IIDX's very own TRAN.
To explain that the character in the movie is not TRAN, we devised a scenario where a clone, developed to manifest TRAN's many special abilities for use as a biological weapon, has escaped from the facility where it was developed before it was finished. Still, it seems a bit much like a typical biotech horror setting. We wanted to avoid giving away any feeling of specific circumstances in the movie concept. In the end, consider it as a stand-alone work.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 6th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 in 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style→10th style||-||6||7+||N/A||-||6||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||↑7||8||N/A||-||6||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||↑8||↑9||11||-||6||7||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||3||6||7+||7+||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||-||6||7+||7+||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||※3||8||9||11||-||6||7||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||※3||8||9||11||12||6||7||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||8||9||11||-||6||7||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||8||9||11||-||-||-||-||-|
※ Denotes chart has been revised from the older BEGINNER chart (total notes: 341).
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||180 / 7||328 / 32||402 / 66||536 / 49||- / - / -||306 / 8||339 / 16||512 / 12||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||N/A||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|