Artist: vivi(from iyiyim)
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics/Electric Guitar/Bass/Other Instruments/Drum Programming: Yoshihiko Koezuka
Vocals: vivi (from iyiyim)
Acoustic Guitar: Kozo Nakamura
Alto Recorder: Hirofumi Sasaki
Vocal Recording Engineer: Miho Toyoda
Length: 4:20 (GF/DM), 1:33 (pop'n music)
pop'n music Genre: Sweet pop (スウィートポップ)
pop'n music Character: Candy [3-2P]
pop'n music Background: Candy Blue (pop'n music 3 CS)
First Music Game Appearance: GUITARFREAKS 8thMIX & drummania 7thMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
空から降ってくる ヌードルみたいな雨に ラップでくるんで"チン"した現実が流されてゆく それは甘い甘い甘い甘いキャンディー ひと粒の涙 いつも淡い淡い淡い淡い恋に 揺れてたいんだもん 消えないでイリュージョン ずっと醒めないでイリュージョン
空から降ってくる ヌードルみたいな雨に ラップでくるんで"チン"した現実が流されてゆく それは甘い甘い甘い甘いキャンディー ひと粒の涙 いつも淡い淡い淡い淡い恋に 揺れてたいんだもん 消えないでイリュージョン やっとの思いで 手に入れた現実 温めすぎたアタシのスープでヤケドしちゃったみたい ワガママばっかで嫌われちゃったアタシ 上手くいかない 逃げ出したい そうリキュールみたいに それは熱い熱い熱い熱いキッスで 目覚めた朝の夢 ふたり青い青い青い青い海を 泳いでたんだもん 醒めないでイリュージョン ...イツモコイシテイタイ ...イツモユメミテイタイ アタシ紅い紅い紅い紅いチェリー 悲劇のヒロインだから ひとり長い長い長い長い夜を 越えられないんだもん それは甘い甘い甘い甘い甘い甘い甘いキャンディー いつも淡い淡い淡い淡い恋に 揺れてたいんだもん 消えないでイリュージョン ずっと醒めないでイリュージョン
Song Connections / Remixes
- The pop'n music series uses a short version of Sweet Illusion. This short version cannot be found on any soundtrack.
- A sequel to Sweet Illusion, ちょっと, appears in ee'MALL 2nd avenue.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Sweet Illusion marks the debut of vivi in the GuitarFreaks & DrumMania series.
- According to Yoshihiko Koezuka and Naoko Matsumoto, the girl in Sweet Illusion's video and graphics is named Rose.
- Rose has an older sister named Lily, who appears in the videos and graphics for the songs ちょっと and 恋. Coincidentally, both songs were also composed by Yoshihiko Koezuka and sung by vivi.
- Rose later appeared as a selectable character in GuitarFreaks V5 & DrumMania V5 Rock to Infinity's and GuitarFreaks V7 & DrumMania V7's BATTLE MODE.
- Nakajima, the character from Moonlight Walkin's video, appears in Sweet Illusion's video, along with a raccoon named Arai.
- Sweet Illusion was added to pop'n music 10 on December 17th, 2003 via ee'MALL 2nd avenue.
- It is the only BONUS TRACK from GuitarFreaks & DrumMania to be used in ee'MALL.
- Before pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE, the character for Sweet Illusion was Candy, but in her 1P pallete, and the songwheel genre was Sweet Illusion.
- Sweet Illusion was one of the Long Version revivals announced for GITADORA OverDrive at the JAEPO 2014 event, available as a default song.
- Sweet Illusion received a new jacket and a widescreen video in GITADORA OverDrive. This video consists of the original video tiled three times across the screen.
- Sweet Illusion received a brand-new EX chart in pop'n music UniLab, unlockable through the Narunaru♪ UniLab jikkenshitsu! (なるなる♪ユニラボ実験室!) unlocking system. It can be unlocked from December 22nd, 2022.
Song Production Information
This song was created in a slightly different way than usual.
I had been working on the melody, lyrics, and arrangement in my head every night in the car on the way home from work since I finished my previous project (around the time "Moonlight walkin'" was completed). And then, when everything came together perfectly in my head (I thought, "I'm a genius!"), I tried to put it into sound, but it was pretty terrible... (I thought, "I'm not a genius!"). After many revisions, the orchestra was completed, and after vivi's wonderful voice was added, everything came together exactly as I had pictured it in my head. (Next week, we plan to do an artist interview with vivi, so please look forward to it!)
After the song was completed, I had a careful discussion with Mocchy about the clip, and we came up with a very cute result.
My favorite is the main character (a girl named Rose), who was illustrated exactly as I had imagined.
The other characters include Arai the raccoon, and Nakajima, who is making his second appearance, so look out for them!
Video Production Information
Well, this clip was created in a slightly different way than usual. (Huh?)
After the main girl character (Rose) was finalized, I typically think "Me = Director ・ Character = Actor".
I usually proceed in the same way.... However, for this clip the director was Koezuka.
Director Koezuka and I had numerous discussions as the production went on... Rose and I gradually became one! Not physically, but emotionally.
When Rose was smiling happily, I was happy too, and it was really painful when I was drawing a scene where she was sad. (I was like Kitajima○○ in the role)
"Sweet Illusion" is cute, gentle, and a little sad song.
What do you all think of it?
Difficulty & Notecounts
GF/DM difficulty rated from 1 to 99.
GF/DM XG and GITADORA difficulty rated from 0.00 to 9.99.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings obtained from the KONAMI official game websites, BEMANIWiki 2nd, and GITADORA Rating Sources.)
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
|GF/DM MASTERPIECE SILVER||25||36||46||19||27||43||-||-||-||-||-||-|
XG & GITADORA Series
|GITADORA Tri-Boost Re:EVOLVE||↓1.95||↓4.05||↓5.90||-||↓3.00||↓4.20||↓6.60||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||199 / 0||305 / 0||564 / 0||903 / 30||235||380|
|pop'n music 10→13 カーニバル (via ee'MALL)||9||17||28||-||11||19|
|pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE→20 fantasia||9||17||28||-||11||19|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→解明リドルズ||-||23||34||-||11||19|
|pop'n music UniLab→Present||-||23||34||44||11||19|
|pop'n music 12 いろは CS||9||17||28||-||11||19|
|ラブケミ - Awakening Wings - Sweet Illusion - 左脳スパーク (UPPER) - Versa (UPPER)|
|悪夢♡ショコラティエ - 001 -どうしんのかいろ- - ノープラン・デイズ - にゃんのパレードマーチ♪ - pastel@sweets labo(*'v'*)|
|MA・TSU・RI - MOVE! (We Keep It Movin') - 斑咲花 - ユメブキ|
|ホムンクルスレシピ - Τέλος - Candy Crime Toe Shoes|
|脳ミソ de 向上 - HAGURUMA - 東京メモリー - 明滅の果てに - Shout It Out|
|カタルシスの月 (UPPER) - ちくわパフェだよ☆CKP (UPPER) - ホーンテッド★メイドランチ (UPPER)|
地方創生☆チクワクティクス (UPPER) - 乙女繚乱 舞い咲き誇れ (UPPER)
|グランデーロの守り - 恋するMonstro - fallen leaves -IIDX edition- - UNKNOWN REGION|
|Xジェネの逆襲 - Engraved on my heart ft. 小林マナ - High Speed Junkie! - Pure Rude - Mecha Kawa Breaker!!|