Artist: NAOKI underground feat.EK
Composition/Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
Jacket design: RICE.C
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
｢あの時｣は見えなかった ｢今だから｣見えろモノ 掴めば消えてしまう 深すぎて進めないまま 隠した鼓動 届かない あなたの瞳 私は見えない TEARS 悲しみにおぼれ落ちていく真実を抱いて生きてゆく 届かぬ想い 手を伸ばし 心伝えて・・・ It doesn't reach you, deep sorrow. Endless secret love.
"ano toki" wa mienakatta "ima dakara" mieru mono tsukameba kiete shimau fukasugite susumenai mama kakushita kodou todokanai anata no hitomi watashi wa mienai TEARS kanashimi ni obore ochite iku shinjitsu wo daite ikite yuku todokanu omoi te wo nobashi kokoro tsutaete... It doesn't reach you, deep sorrow. Endless secret love.
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended version of TEARS, arranged by Takayuki Ishikawa and credited to EK, can be found in BeForU's first album, BeForU.
- TEARS appears as part of the medley Power 4 Audiolab Mix, from DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- TEARS marks Noria Shiraishi's first and only use of her EK alias in BEMANI.
- Along with ☆shining☆ and its GuitarFreaks & DrumMania arrangement, TEARS is one of the only three BeForU songs composed by Naoki Maeda that highlights Noria.
- However, TEARS is the only standalone NAOKI/Noria collab.
- TEARS was performed by NAOKI, Noria, and dj TAKA at the Extreme! Dance Live ~in velfarre~ event in 2003.
- TEARS received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4.
- TEARS was still present in the location test of DanceDanceRevolution X, with its new foot ratings.
- TEARS is one of the unlockable revivals in DanceDanceRevolution X2. It can be unlocked by reaching ENJOY LEVEL 54.
- As of February 23rd, 2011, TEARS has been unlocked for normal play.
- A crop of TEARS' jacket is used as its banner in DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS.
- TEARS has never appeared on a non-Japanese PlayStation 2 DanceDanceRevolution release.
Song Production Information
This song consists of two sides. Like two truths in a society where two sides of human psychology swirl, it's an original song which can possibly be separated into two different types of songs.
The version used in EXTREME is the back side. Therefore, it's a song hidden with negative power. Perhaps the only person who understands the depths of human psychology is themselves. This song was made with such thoughts in my head.
Video Production Information
As this song contains a unique floating feel, I intended to make the entire video feel completely dreamy. I quite like it.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||129 / 0||177 / 9||249 / 5||360 / 6||- / - / -||175 / 10||252 / 5||336 / 7||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution X location test||3||5||8||11||-||6||8||11||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||1||5||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS||3||6||8||12||-||-||-||-||-|
Other charts not shown on the above table:
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4 Double BEGINNER chart: Total notes: 93 / 5.